It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One day left. Make it count.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Jan, 19 2021 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Pardon Julian Assange and Edward Snowden, Mr Trump.

Exposing the secrets and lies of government is a service, not a crime.

posted on Jan, 19 2021 @ 02:14 AM
link   
He can't

posted on Jan, 19 2021 @ 03:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka

I agree, those 2 should be among the hundreds of last minute persons he issues, if he has time to step away from the document shredder.

posted on Jan, 19 2021 @ 03:31 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

Can he not pardon pretty much anyone?

posted on Jan, 19 2021 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Why not?

posted on Jan, 19 2021 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Honestly don't get this...

If he done it I would give him full credit for it and I really don't believe that Biden has the balls for it

He is willing to pardon his political cronies like Rodger Stone, yet he refuses to pardon the likes of Snowden who has taken steps to protect people by exposing government overreach. Yet as it stands it looks more likely that Trump will pardon Joe Exotic (no, am not joking) rather than Snowden and other government whistleblowers who exposed years of Bush/Obama abuse of power and lost their liberty for it.

But no Donald...just pardon the "Dirty Trickster of Washington" and the tiger king.
edit on 19-1-2021 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2021 @ 03:57 AM
link   
I think mim has gotten into the sake a lil bit. Don't let the news get ya down! Just remember stuff going down the last 4 years has been worldwide, bigger than just the USA election...keep ya head up!

posted on Jan, 19 2021 @ 04:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Honestly don't get this...

If he done it I would give him full credit for it and I really don't believe that Biden has the balls for it

He is willing to pardon his political cronies like Rodger Stone, yet he refuses to pardon the likes of Snowden who has taken steps to protect people by exposing government overreach. Yet as it stands it looks more likely that Trump will pardon Joe Exotic (no, am not joking) rather than Snowden and other government whistleblowers who exposed years of Bush/Obama abuse of power and lost their liberty for it.

But no Donald...just pardon the "Dirty Trickster of Washington" and the tiger king.

I didn't get it at first either but then Trump isn't the for-the-people, swamp-drainin', straight-shootin', stand up guy his Cult think he is and we both know it.

This is indeed something that a President for the People would do, especially, like you say when Snowden was trying to stop government overreach, something Trump supporters have been saying he stands for, for his entire term. Sadly this hasn't been the case.

I disliked Trump before he went into Politics, I was thought it was funny he got elected (bad choice in 2016) but I am always willing to have my mind changed. Despite remaining open minded Trump didn't do one damned thing while in office to make me warm to him. He's a big, bullish, narcissistic, liar, just as I thought.

posted on Jan, 19 2021 @ 05:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: djz3ro

Can he not pardon pretty much anyone?

No, I think he is pathologically incapable of comprehending the situation. He judges everything on the basis of if it is in his own favor, or not.

edit on 19/1/2021 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2021 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Trump pardoned Rob Freaking Blagojevick ffs. If that doesnt tell you he is a full blown idiot then I can't help your TDS.

posted on Jan, 19 2021 @ 07:29 AM
link   
The whole pardon people as you leave thing has always bothered me.
Not so much that a president has the power but more that if it's a way to fix some of the wrongs in our justice system do it when you get in. Don't wait four to eight years.

It also doesn't help when pardons happen for people who don't deserve them.

Here's a list.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 19 2021 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Unless Assange or Snowden have documents/info that will benefit Trump personally, I’m not very hopeful. Just like releasing the Obamagate documents. There’s surely other things he could release that would benefit America as a whole and create much more commotion on both sides of the aisle. Sure, in theory, both sides of the aisle should be angry about Obamagate, but everyone and their mother knows that’s not how things are going to work right now, so at best, it gives his base some more vitriol towards Obama....and what’s going to come of it? Nothing but an “I told you so.”

originally posted by: Bluntone22
The whole pardon people as you leave thing has always bothered me.
Not so much that a president has the power but more that if it's a way to fix some of the wrongs in our justice system do it when you get in. Don't wait four to eight years.

It also doesn't help when pardons happen for people who don't deserve them.

Here's a list.

en.wikipedia.org...

Strongly agreed.

posted on Jan, 19 2021 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

It seems Joey Exotic is banking on it, he even has a limousine waiting!

posted on Jan, 19 2021 @ 07:43 AM
link   
I bet Trump is making some good money with these pardons.

Lil Wayne is on the list I hear...

I don't even care anymore, one day left indeed. Let's get it over with.

posted on Jan, 19 2021 @ 07:49 AM
link   

I think Trump will pardon those two.

This all comes down to censorship and free expression.

posted on Jan, 19 2021 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Assange has not been convicted of any crime in The US. There is nothing for Trump to pardon.

posted on Jan, 19 2021 @ 07:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I think Trump will pardon those two.

This all comes down to censorship and free expression.

Could Biden "un-pardon" them?

posted on Jan, 19 2021 @ 07:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong
Assange has not been convicted of any crime in The US. There is nothing for Trump to pardon.

Nixon was pardoned "for any crimes that he might have committed against the United States as President" so the precedent exists to give a preemptive pardon.

edit on 19-1-2021 by AugustusMasonicus because: dey terk er election

posted on Jan, 19 2021 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: alldaylong

Nixon was pardoned "for any crimes that he might have committed against the United States as president" so the precedent exists to give a preemptive pardon.

That sounds bloody starnge, but it is what it is i suppose. I think it would be easier to just drop the charges.

edit on 19-1-2021 by alldaylong because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2021 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hellas
Could Biden "un-pardon" them?

No, it is absolute once it's delivered.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join