It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does the Number of Recorded Deaths in 2020 Reflect the Reported Number of COVID Deaths?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2021 @ 01:52 AM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot

The majority of my information is garnered from scientific journals and papers as you well know from debating me the last year. Would you like me to refresh your memory and post a link to my predictions for case mortality ratios which were on point from March this year while you were peddling fanciful nonsense from your oh so reliable sources?

I’m sure the science of eugenics seemed perfectly reasonable to the German people in the 1930’s, it was propagandised throughout their media as fact and used to drastically reduce the freedom of Jews. Those who ignore history are destined to repeat it.
edit on 19/1/21 by Grenade because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2021 @ 02:00 AM
link   

The majority of Covid deaths are in care homes, the average lifespan for those in care homes is only a few months. I very much doubt the demographic most likely to die from Covid will vote as the likelihood is they won’t live to see the next election.

posted on Jan, 19 2021 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Democracies generally have elected representatives vote on the implementation of new laws. Seems you need to rethink your own intelligence if your under the impression there’s anything democratic about the covid response.

posted on Jan, 19 2021 @ 02:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grenade

The majority of my information is garnered from scientific journals and papers as you well know from debating me the last year. Would you like me to refresh your memory and post a link to my predictions for case mortality ratios which were on point from March this year while you were peddling fanciful nonsense from your oh so reliable sources?

I absolutely think you should . If you are going to make claims then you should provide evidence.
edit on 19-1-2021 by ScepticScot because: Darn phone

posted on Jan, 19 2021 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Democracies generally have elected representatives vote on the implementation of new laws. Seems you need to rethink your own intelligence if your under the impression there’s anything democratic about the covid response.

Rules put in place by democratically elected representatives.

posted on Jan, 19 2021 @ 02:19 AM
link   

You’ll need to explain that one.

As for my predictions, read this thread from around page 100.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Your input comes later, you and UKTruth peddled some real honky nonsense in there. Only one persons predictions regarding mortality and case numbers came true, tell me again who was it?

posted on Jan, 19 2021 @ 02:25 AM
link   

You’ll need to explain that one.

As for my predictions, read this thread from around page 100.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Your input comes later, you and UKTruth peddled some real honky nonsense in there. Only one persons predictions regarding mortality and case numbers came true, tell me again who was it?

Link to the page you gave the CFR please.

And the one where I peddled 'honky nonsense'.

posted on Jan, 19 2021 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Don’t have time just now. I believe my predictions were between 0.1% and 0.4% once we had a decent data set to work from. At the time I believe you were backing the government narrative that was supporting CFR of around 3-4%.

I think it’s around the time you ironically questioned my reading comprehension while making false claims and confusing me with another poster.

posted on Jan, 19 2021 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Don’t have time just now. I believe my predictions were between 0.1% and 0.4% once we had a decent data set to work from. At the time I believe you were backing the government narrative that was supporting CFR of around 3-4%.

Whats the quote about evidence free assertions again?

I don't recall ever predicting a CFR myself.

Regardless current CFR is still way higher than than that.

Do you perhaps mean the IFR?

posted on Jan, 19 2021 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Yes, yes I do. Apologies. I’m 14 hours into my shift and becoming rather fractious. It’s quite possible I’m confusing you with UKTruth, hard to tell we clash heads so regularly.

posted on Jan, 19 2021 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Yes, yes I do. Apologies. I’m 14 hours into my shift and becoming rather fractious. It’s quite possible I’m confusing you with UKTruth, hard to tell we clash heads so regularly.

Fair enough. Let's call us even on the mixing the other up with another poster then.

posted on Jan, 19 2021 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Not quite, I’m heading home now and will look through the thread. Pretty sure you backed him but I can’t be sure as it’s been a long year. I’ll readily apologise if so.

You can retract your 5 mins research on YouTube statement since we’re playing that game. I’ve never used YouTube as source for anything on this forum.

posted on Jan, 19 2021 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Not quite, I’m heading home now and will look through the thread. Pretty sure you backed him but I can’t be sure as it’s been a long year. I’ll readily apologise if so.

You can retract your 5 mins research on YouTube statement since we’re playing that game. I’ve never used YouTube as source for anything on this forum.

I think the YouTube comment is an entirely fair response to your initial post.

Myself an UKTRUTH rarely agree on anything and I have no recollection of predicting, or backing any other prediction on anything to do with CFR or IFR.

If you can link to where I did we can discuss.

Also if the prediction you gave for IFR was as above then you would still be out based on current estimates.

posted on Jan, 19 2021 @ 05:01 AM
link   
a reply to: zosimov

Yes, people are dying of COVID-19.

Even if you call the numbers into question in your country, it is still happening across the planet.

Even enemy governments are struggling with this.

The question is, why are you trying so hard to disprove it? What do you hope to achieve?

And, yes there is significant correlation of the numbers of COVID-19 deaths within total deaths for the year (so far).

posted on Jan, 19 2021 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Thank you Zoz for using your head. It used to be a well sought after trait to seek out answers and ask questions. Now you apparently shouldn't question the establishment at all. But I'm a bit old school and still think that those are desirable traits.

Unlike some posters that look no further then their twit account or facebook feed for answers, I appreciate the effort you put forth to reveal the truth. And you should know you're not alone! Many, many people in many, many countries are protesting the lock downs. They've figured it out too. Although you don't see it in the mainstream media, it's happening.

Stick to your guns...you are not wrong on this one. Even if you can't convince the social media zombies, you don't need to. They are used to being led and eventually when the smoke clears they'll follow the official narrative like they always do.

Keep your chin up, the tide will turn eventually.

Thanks,
blend57

posted on Jan, 19 2021 @ 05:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

Even if you call the numbers into question in your country, it is still happening across the planet.

The question is, why are you trying so hard to disprove it? What do you hope to achieve?

And, yes there is significant correlation of the numbers of COVID-19 deaths within total deaths for the year (so far).

what do we hope to achieve? How about finding the damn truth? News flash, a few of us in the world are tired of having our legs pissed on and being told it's raining. This is something I know I have been patiently waiting on to see the real numbers. Just how deadly this virus is. Well, it looks like we now know. We have been fed lies long enough.

facts not feelz.

posted on Jan, 19 2021 @ 05:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: chr0naut

what do we hope to achieve? How about finding the damn truth? News flash, a few of us in the world are tired of having our legs pissed on and being told it's raining. This is something I know I have been patiently waiting on to see the real numbers. Just how deadly this virus is. Well, it looks like we now know. We have been fed lies long enough.

facts not feelz.

Facts are excess deaths are up between 10 to 15% depending how you want to measure it.

That is with the various mitigation measures in place.

posted on Jan, 19 2021 @ 05:59 AM
link   

so much closer to a bad flu season than the 200 million, or 200 thousand more dead by the end of the year predictions we heard? The numbers are what they are.

The virus is real, the reaction to it, is overblown. But you seem to be a fan.

posted on Jan, 19 2021 @ 06:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

so much closer to a bad flu season than the 200 million, or 200 thousand more dead by the end of the year predictions we heard? The numbers are what they are.

The virus is real, the reaction to it, is overblown. But you seem to be a fan.

Its 300,000 + excess deaths .

When was the last flu season that bad?

When did anyone seriously claim 200 million dead? ( this is US numbers)?

The reaction being overblown or not is a separate discussion and how may people died isn't even the correct measure of that.

The topic is the excess deaths figure.

posted on Jan, 19 2021 @ 06:09 AM
link   

The 10 leading causes of death in 2019 remained the same as in 2018, although 2 causes exchanged ranks. Influenza and pneumonia, the eighth leading cause in 2018, became the ninth leading cause in 2019, while kidney disease, the ninth leading cause in 2018, became the eighth leading cause in 2019 (1). Age-adjusted death rates decreased for seven leading causes and increased for one. Life expectancy at birth increased 0.1 year from 78.7 years in 2018 to 78.8 in 2019, largely because of decreases in mortality from cancer, chronic lower respiratory diseases, influenza and pneumonia, suicide, and stroke.

www.cdc.gov...

here is an interesting tidbit. I wonder how many influenza deaths we will have in 2020 or where influenza will fall on the scale of most deadly.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join