It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did anybody else notice the new Apple I Phone update terms?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2021 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Ok first wasn't sure where to put this and I didn't want to argue about it, but has anybody looked at and read the new software terms and condition?

They have definitely changed I would elaborate but cant get it pulled back up, does anybody have the scoop?

posted on Jan, 18 2021 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

I will patiently await when the TL;DR gets posted...

tldrlegal.com

posted on Jan, 18 2021 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Something about connecting the digestive tracts of multiple costumers

Idk

I just click agree

posted on Jan, 18 2021 @ 07:57 PM
link   

I didn’t see anything like that on my LG...😂

posted on Jan, 18 2021 @ 08:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

I didn’t see anything like that on my LG...😂

I like Samsung, but God knows Google is just as bad as Apple 😔

I'd love to say one smartphone OS is better for individual best interests, but sadly that's not the case.

Google is actually a worse offender in data collection and allowing third party access in all honesty as well.

posted on Jan, 18 2021 @ 08:43 PM
link   
It was weird definitely looks different and it was in bold type, but I got a call and got busy and just skimmed it. Ofcourse I could be mistaken but I've never noticed it at all.

and yes I will likely update when I have too..

This is the part I thought was new was the second paragraph

PLEASE READ THIS SOFTWARE LICENSE AGREEMENT ("LICENSE") CAREFULLY BEFORE USING YOUR iOS DEVICE OR DOWNLOADING THE SOFTWARE UPDATE ACCOMPANYING THIS LICENSE. BY USING YOUR iOS DEVICE OR DOWNLOADING A SOFTWARE UPDATE, AS APPLICABLE, YOU ARE AGREEING TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS OF THIS LICENSE.

IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THE TERMS OF THIS LICENSE, DO NOT USE THE iOS DEVICE OR DOWNLOAD THE SOFTWARE UPDATE. IF YOU HAVE RECENTLY PURCHASED AN iOS DEVICE AND YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THE TERMS OF THE LICENSE, YOU MAY RETURN THE iOS DEVICE WITHIN THE RETURN PERIOD TO THE APPLE STORE OR AUTHORIZED DISTRIBUTOR WHERE YOU OBTAINED IT FOR A REFUND, SUBJECT TO APPLE’S RETURN POLICY FOUND AT www.apple.com...

posted on Jan, 18 2021 @ 08:43 PM
link   
This double post brought to you by Dominion Software
edit on 18-1-2021 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2021 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I'm using Android now but anxiously waiting for the Gab phone

posted on Jan, 18 2021 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: underpass61

Interesting

I'll switch hell I don't use half the crap on there anyway.

posted on Jan, 18 2021 @ 11:26 PM
link   
My smart Television did an update and essentially had an agreement that I had to agree to in order to continue using their product. That I had to share everything with advertisers or discontinue using the television that I paid for months prior. We really need new privacy laws with all this electronics BS today. It's bad enough that we pay for these products that have become part of our lives and then they tell us oh btw we own you now.

posted on Jan, 19 2021 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Didn't L Wood say something about Apple blocking the emergency broadcast alert?

It's to the point now where you have to update your CAR to drive it. Forget that give a me a 69 mustang or corvette...

posted on Jan, 19 2021 @ 07:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: SuicideKing33
Didn't L Wood say something about Apple blocking the emergency broadcast alert?

It's to the point now where you have to update your CAR to drive it. Forget that give a me a 69 mustang or corvette...

yes he did. But doing so is a federal crime i believe. I dont think Apple would block it or turn it off.

posted on Jan, 19 2021 @ 07:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: verylowfrequency
My smart Television did an update and essentially had an agreement that I had to agree to in order to continue using their product. That I had to share everything with advertisers or discontinue using the television that I paid for months prior. We really need new privacy laws with all this electronics BS today. It's bad enough that we pay for these products that have become part of our lives and then they tell us oh btw we own you now.

i seen a couple years ago one manufacturer article that said the reason why tvs have gotten SO dam cheap is becuase the manufactures are making more money on the ads. They said the ad revenue is what actually makes them profit and its not the sale of the tv itself.
id gladly pay more for a tv without privacy invasion . but the almighty cheap spenders are in the majority and the rest of us have no choice

posted on Jan, 19 2021 @ 07:25 AM
link   

I would read it if I were you, the last thing that you want is to be turned into the Human Centipad.

posted on Jan, 19 2021 @ 07:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: underpass61
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I'm using Android now but anxiously waiting for the Gab phone

The GAB phone IS an Android phone as far as I know.

posted on Jan, 19 2021 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Did it say anything about draining my battery despite being left plugged in about 20 minutes? I’d rather not go through Android levels of coding and permissions to lockdown my phone to just be a camera or MP3 player or notepad. Depending on how I feel today.

posted on Jan, 19 2021 @ 08:37 AM
link   

You mean they can sell your first born if you voted for Trump to the highest bidder?

You do know that some of those actually have written in them (as a joke) you sell your soul to the devil. It is a test to see who really reads the agreements.

Actually, they are probably like Google, track your every move and every word and they can sell or give whatever you write and where you go to anyone they choose.

That is why Google wrote Dragonfly for China.

Big Tech is very into 24/7 surveillance of the entire population at all times, so they can sell your life to the highest bidder.

posted on Jan, 19 2021 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: loueber

As for smart TV's being so cheap, it is just like the iphone or android is doing. It is for tracking you.

I had Nielsen Co. call me about being a TV ratings person for the second time. I did it once in the 90's. I asked why are they still doing this when cable companies and streamers know who is watching what and when.

The lady sounded weird, and then said, well this is the last time we are sending out forms to people. We will be getting the information from the cable companies and streamers after this cycle. This was over a year ago.

So just as every word you write and every step you take is being recorded and for sale to anyone, so is everything you choose to watch on Television. It's all in the agreements you sign. We just got a new TV and had to electronically sign an agreement before it would complete the setup for the TV.

posted on Jan, 19 2021 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: SuicideKing33

I don't update my 67 Chevy Malibu Super Sport, 396 w/ Dual Quads, overhead cams, Hooker Headers and Posi-traction.

Nothin on it ever needs someone else to make me "update" or go to dealers.

You don't have to either.

posted on Jan, 19 2021 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: The2Billies

Whos to say they haven't already?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join