It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A call for universal goodwill, peace, and lawfulness

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2021 @ 09:07 AM
link   
My name proclaims my ideology, which is generally unpopular around these parts.

Nevertheless, I hereby issue a call to my brothers and sisters be they left, right, or center in outlook.

I would like to affirm some basics, and if you agree with me, I hope you will consider sounding off in this thread.

1. I affirm the United Nations Universal Declaration of Human Rights, Article 1:
All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights. They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood. [with "brotherhood" to be read as "all-genders-hood"]

2. We should all act and advocate strictly within the law.

3. We should not advocate violence or act violently.

4. We should act in a spirit of peace, now more than ever.

5. We should wish the best for all humans on a personal level, despite whether or not we agree with them.

6. We should endeavor to dialogue with those we disagree with to the utmost extent possible. If rational dialogue becomes impossible, we should disengage peacefully.

7. I acknowledge the truth and profundity of the following quote, even though it comes from a man whose fundamental ideology I do not share:

edit on 1/18/2021 by Leftist because: (no reason given)

+26 more 
posted on Jan, 18 2021 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Leftist

Where were you when Donald Trump was preparing for inauguration?

Were you posting #RESIST on Twitter?

+15 more 
posted on Jan, 18 2021 @ 09:10 AM
link   

No justice, no peace!

+11 more 
posted on Jan, 18 2021 @ 09:10 AM
link   
#RESIST

+7 more 
posted on Jan, 18 2021 @ 09:11 AM
link   
#NOTMYPRESIDENT

posted on Jan, 18 2021 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I agree with all on your list.
Treat me with respect, and I will reciprocate.
Treat the country with respect, and the same will be shown

posted on Jan, 18 2021 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

As a Marxist, I do not support either the Democratic or Republican party. In every election since 2004 I have written in the name of a Marxist Comerade.

As a law-abiding citizen I do not support revolution and seek Marxist change through wholly legal means.

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 18 2021 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Beezzer ... you need to knock it off ... gettin' people all riled up like this.

posted on Jan, 18 2021 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
I agree with all on your list.
Treat me with respect, and I will reciprocate.
Treat the country with respect, and the same will be shown

Thank you for your civil and rational reply. I seek to treat you with respect.

posted on Jan, 18 2021 @ 09:27 AM
link   

An agreeable list. If only more thought like you did.

posted on Jan, 18 2021 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Leftist
As a law-abiding citizen I do not support revolution and seek Marxist change through wholly legal means.

How you arrive at that goal, voting and law changes or violent revolution, you still end up with Marxism.

If I'm going to be living in a Marxist nation the fact that somebody voted for it is entirely irrelevant. Sheep don't feel better just because the wolves agree who is for dinner.

posted on Jan, 18 2021 @ 09:30 AM
link   

I honestly can't affirm or agree with all of your list.

1. I don't believe in a united world governance.

2. Nope. What does someone do when they see a law that goes against their beliefs?

3. I disagree if I see a reason for violence, i.e., defense of my loved ones, my property, Constitution.

4. Ehh...I'll give you a pass here.

5. I don't wish the best for certain world figures or actors that wish harm on me.

6. Ahh. The great Moral Dilemma.

7. Finally, something I can agree with.

To sum things up, comrade, I don't agree with your views but I'll defend your right to have them.

posted on Jan, 18 2021 @ 09:30 AM
link   

I can appreciate this. I do appreciate this! Thank you.

I think peaceful and lawful words and actions are more important than ever, both in the letter and spirit of the law.

"First, do no harm," is as worthy in this situation as any other.

Violence might get folks attention, but it will not earn anyone respect, or fix the poor laws and regulations we struggle under, or in any way win the peace. And that should be our ultimate goal.

posted on Jan, 18 2021 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Hi.

I find most if not all leftist and marxist policies/agendas as toxic to the human condition. That said, welcome to the discussion boards.

What you said sounds good on the top level, as do most things from a leftist/marxist paradigm. Then a person digs deeper...

Peace - how peace is accomplished and maintained has a sorted history in mankind. Usually for leftists and marxists it has involved police power and censure of opposition.

Lawfulness - see above. Police Power

Goodwill - also see above. Censure.

So I like what you said, for about 2 seconds then I see how you describe yourself. So I don't trust you or your flowery words.

But anyways, please to meet you. Of course if you are a sock puppet or fake account you can sit on your thumb and spin

posted on Jan, 18 2021 @ 09:32 AM
link   

As a Marxist, I do not support either the Democratic or Republican party. In every election since 2004 I have written in the name of a Marxist Comerade.

I hope Marxism (ideology) crawls into a hole and dies.

edit on 18-1-2021 by FauxMulder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2021 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe

Let me be clear: I am not asking you or anyone else to agree with me ideologicaly. I am just seeking agreement with the items in the list in the original post.

It is my firm belief that they go beyond ideology and should be agreeable wherever you fall on the political spectrum.

posted on Jan, 18 2021 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: FauxMulder

I hope Marxism crawls into a hole and dies.

I fully respect your right to feel so, although I respectfully and peacefully disagree.

posted on Jan, 18 2021 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Whatever. Peace now since we stole the election.

No warm up, no foreplay, just take at the gas pump already. You might want to get ready for those tax increases as well (us suckers that work anyway).

I loath anyone that wanted this administration.

posted on Jan, 18 2021 @ 09:37 AM
link   

You didn't answer my question.
I will make it simple and direct.
Did you make the same call for universal peace, goodwill and lawfulness?

Then I will follow up with this: How did you view our summer of riots?

posted on Jan, 18 2021 @ 09:38 AM
link   

So it's cool to do the exact opposite for 4 years while Trump is the president and actually working FOR the people, but the second a democrat gets elected, everyone should stop what they're doing and lock arms?

I don't recall seeing you on here, odd that I see you now asking everyone to calm down and unify. I guess this is going to be y'alls way of saying "we tried to make peace and call for unity but those darn republicans just refuse". Never mind the 4 years of violent protests and destruction from the leftists.
edit on 18-1-2021 by LSU2018 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join