It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The army doesn't trust it's own?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2021 @ 12:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe
How about the youth, condition into silence by uncontrolled censorship?

There is multiple facets to this then "I can't post my hate speech".

How about the kid bullied into never voicing his likes and dislikes and goes along for the ride?

Conditioned censorship.

posted on Jan, 18 2021 @ 05:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: loam

Joe Biden must have asked the military guys on his side to scrutinize certain soldiers. If they voted for President Trump, their service file may be flagged, and they'll be put on porta-potty duty across the street.

Also

Biden is replacing some Secret Service guardians, because he feels threatened.

Some Democrats in Congress are afraid their colleagues will kill them.

I made a prediction in another thread here, where I said pelosi at some time would be holding McCarthy like hearings to root out Trump supporters in congress. We'll see.

posted on Jan, 18 2021 @ 05:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: Phage

It's been happening for quite a bit longer than Trump was around...

right, but trump has fueled the hatred and intensified the division of society. and before anyone comes with the evil mass media - in the end, they only reflect the social currents (often one-sided, depending on the audience they want to address).

posted on Jan, 18 2021 @ 05:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: DBCowboy

Maybe we'll get a press conference like this?
www.huffpost.com...

Where the cabinet introduces themselves? Sure that'd be great.

posted on Jan, 18 2021 @ 06:15 AM
link   

a reply to: seagull

Trump no fixeded it?

if you need to know, "what is TDS", it looks a lot like this.

posted on Jan, 18 2021 @ 06:58 AM
link   
The left hate patriot soldiers

posted on Jan, 18 2021 @ 09:00 AM
link   
DUPE
edit on 18-1-2021 by SleeperHasAwakened because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2021 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Personally I would reach for a fictional allusion such as "V for Vendetta" or perhaps even "Dune" but my tastes run towards sci-fi and related genres.

Essentially what's going on, is that after winning a white-hot contested election with more allegations of fraud than any vote in US history (centered around unprecedented levels of mail-in balloting predominantly pushed by the winning side) , the winning side appears to be scrutinizing the military for signs of political dissidence, or put simply, Trump supporters.

I will submit that never in my lifetime, which doesn't go back as far as many here (most of the 70s/60s were before my time), have I seen a bigger gulf between the general populace and the ruling class. Trump AND Biden are equally despised by the opposing political base; not just disliked: reviled. Congress has an average approval rating I'd guess somewhere under 15% for about the past 4-8 years. So when we make comparisons to the popularity and trust of governing organs to say "V for Vendetta" or "Dune"....it's becoming less and less of a stretch every day.

The winning side from 2020 elections, let's face it, doesn't have the political support from the majority of non-coastal, below upper middle class, "middle Americans" (in every sense of the word) voters. This is the pool of Americans from whence the majority of the military is drawn from. I go back to my time in the military as a frame of reference. I remember being probably in a fractional slice of my unit that would consider myself leaning Democrat. Political speak by no means dominated the discourse, but when the topic came up, I NEVER heard polite words for say Al Gore or Bill Clinton (and that was before anyone ever heard of Jeffrey Epstein). This (i.e. the rank and file military has a general right leaning reputation) has been conventional wisdom for as long as I've been around.

Taken along with this "Capital Riot", we have the context to understand what we see now: a political party in power during a moment of the highest divisiveness perhaps in US history, and ....the majority of the US military ain't got the Dems back .... and Joe's handlers and the brain trust in the Congressional majority KNOWS this. And they fear it.

So their response? Again as I've said before, NOT introspection, NOT self-assessment and understanding the WHY behind how Congressional approval is hovering just above 10%. The response is to bring in the Secret Police for oath tests and intrigue. Wanna bet how many FBI plants are embedded among the 25k soldiers in DC, rabble rousing and stirring up muck and seeing who plays along? Again, right out of science fiction novel, or a more realistic reference, 1950s Iron Curtain Europe.

IMO massing troops on the Capitol at this point in time shows the utter lack of strategy and tactical awareness that the Biden Administration is already exhibiting (probably not shocking considering the composition of his handling apparatus). If there IS any type of organized move against the government: why TF would it be at the present time?? Right after the Capitol riot? During the inauguration?! No, a patient and smart adversary, someone familiar with Sun Tzu (certainly not Joe or his handlers, ironic considering how sympathetic to China his team is), would choose the time, the place for the next round. It would be at an unexpected moment, NOT now.

But I would expect the mistrust and wariness of the military will be a recurring theme of the Biden administration, something that would NEVER have been an issue during the Trump years. This regime will continue to ramrod unpopular (outside of the coastal, affluent urban enclaves) policy down the throats of Middle America, and as the pot continues to transition from simmer to boil, the response won't be to change political course, but to start figuring out ways to reshape the military to a left-sympathetic organ of the government. Good luck with that.

posted on Jan, 18 2021 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: loam
a reply to: carewemust

The request came from Rep. Jason Crow, D-Colo.

We now live in a world where 'probable cause' can be as simple as who you voted for in an election.

Some of the footage that aired this weekend made it clear that there were those in the mob that weren't sightseeing as they strolled through the Capitol. Some of them were off-duty cops, some were recent veterans, and there's footage of at least one small group of what appears to be highly trained military [ex or active, hasn't been established] performing a very specific breaching action as they make their way through the outside crowd and toward the building.

The FBI had to accept the potential that there could be a lone wolf threat hiding within the 25,000 weekend warriors that they handed live rounds to and who will be surrounding Donald Trump's sworn enemies on Wednesday.

Ever see the footage of Anwar Sadat getting hosed by his body guards?

If something like that happens this Wednesday, there won't be anywhere for anyone who's ever publicly called for Biden's elimination to hide. Not from US law enforcement and not from way too many of the rest of us to count.

If a lone wolf attacker gets to Joe Biden, Wednesday will be the last normal day in the lives of anyone and everyone who's ever pushed Trump's "Big Lie" about the illegitimacy of our last national election. And believe me when I tell you that even if your life sucks right now, you'll be pining for the "good old days" when your life only sucked as bad as it does right now.

The hard right of this country isn't the only American demographic that's capable of violence. This society is the most violent and predatory society that's ever roamed this earth. Over the last year, this violent, predatory population has been battling desperately against expressing its own anger and frustration at the failure of the Trump Administration to even bother addressing a pandemic that's already killed nearly 400,000 of their friends and family members. And all this vicious, pandemic-agitated nation needs now is a trigger and a specific target to fully ignite a full physical expression of all that its worked so hard to keep under a tight control.

You don't want some delusional "patriot" to unleash all that onto anyone and everyone who can now be even remotely connected with the "stop the steal" movement. All this maddened population needs is a trauma trigger right now. I wish to God that some of you people were able to see the immediate threat that's hovering over you right now.

Of any group in this society right now, the "stop the steal" movement people should be hoping that the FBI is successful in preventing any lone wolf from getting to Joe Biden this Wednesday, and regardless of what that ends up requiring. Their survival literally depends on it.

posted on Jan, 18 2021 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Thank you president Trump?

An apt mind would have discerned this is more to do with the Pentagon and CIA not following the chain of command correctly. A rfit that started when the CIA where given too much power. Evidently and futher endorsed by the death of JFK. That was taking on the above enities.

Of note are Trumps Exective orders that in many ways mimic Kennedys and build of the back of them. Of interest are the memoranuds that trump finalised but where put in place by JFK. This is what has allowed Trump to cut funding to CIA black operations.

This is going to be epic.

posted on Jan, 18 2021 @ 11:57 AM
link   
They should all declare that they are Pro Trump and they can all go home.
See what happens to inaguration then.
a reply to: carewemust

posted on Jan, 18 2021 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Obviously, he didn't, did he?

Not that I expected him to.

posted on Jan, 18 2021 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: oloufo

Did he?

Did he, indeed? You're, along with many others, giving the man far, far too much credit.

From minute one, or actually before minute one, of his tenure in office, he was attacked over and over again by political opponents and their media lap dogs.

Too many of you seem to be under the impression that he did this, supposedly, all by his little ol' lonesome...

I have to wonder if all too many of you are willfully blind to the fact that this division was created by both sides...as it does take two sides, at the least, to create a division.

So save some of your vitriolic rhetoric for the other side of the division.
edit on 1/18/2021 by seagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2021 @ 01:01 PM
link   
How soon we choose to forget...

the Cartels in Mexico send candidates into the USA military service to become 'trained insiders'...the NG is just one avenue to that goal (eventual Anarchists)

a lot of troops get only a cursory 'secret clearance' via 'records check' in lieu of a background check... been there / done that

posted on Jan, 18 2021 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chance321

Joe Biden must have asked the military guys on his side to scrutinize certain soldiers. If they voted for President Trump, their service file may be flagged, and they'll be put on porta-potty duty across the street.

Also

I made a prediction in another thread here, where I said pelosi at some time would be holding McCarthy like hearings to root out Trump supporters in congress. We'll see.

I've said it before in other threads, and I'll repeat it here: If they start refusing to seat members of Congress for being Trump supporters, this country will officially be finished. States will start seceding. Almost certainly starting with Texas, but most of the South, Midwest, and West would eventually join them. The military won't do anything to stop it, because the majority of military members will be on the side of the secessionists, so in order to avoid wide-spread mutiny --and possibly an outright military coup-- they will adopt a neutral posture.

It'll get pretty damn ugly in a lot of supposedly "blue" states. Most of upstate New York would be inclined to join the secession, as would Pennsylvania outside of Philadelphia, Illinois outside of Chicago, Washington and Oregon outside of Seattle & Portland, even the eastern parts of California. There are a number of ways these situations might play out, but none of them end without a lot of suffering.

posted on Jan, 18 2021 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: kingparrot

Can anyone identify a single government institution in the US that isn't completely dysfunctional at this point?

Probably tongue in cheek on your behalf but very short sited to put the blame on any individual. Money or power perhaps....

Definitely a legacy thing. Trump pulled as many in for the Right, I would say as Obama pulled in for the Left.

posted on Jan, 18 2021 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan

originally posted by: Chance321

Also

I've said it before in other threads, and I'll repeat it here: If they start refusing to seat members of Congress for being Trump supporters, this country will officially be finished.

So, what do we do about this [the link below] if it proves to be true? After all, Capitol tours have been suspended completely since the spring of 2020. This is the first name being floated in connection with the "recon tours" that many have reported witnessing as the 6th of January approached, and now her staff is starting to run for the exists. Something's up there, that seems pretty obvious.

twitter.com..."Rep. Steve Cohen [TN] says he and a colleague saw Rep. Boebert [CO] giving people a tour of the Capitol in the days leading up to the riot"

Loyal opposition is one thing, and that's healthy for government, but sedition and conspiracy to commit insurrection are not the stuff of loyal opposition. Putin's 4 year run through our Executive Branch is finally coming to an end, but that doesn't mean that we have to assume that any indications of a lingering Russian threat left over to become ongoing threats are just our imaginations.

If investigation routes out dissident bad actors, we have to deal properly with what gets uncovered. Who knows where this is going, but this is no time to assume anything about anyone.

Oh, and about your secession day dream - that was tried in 1860 and this time around the secessionists don't even have a definable bordered landmass to pretend to secede.

As for a military uprising against the US government, or a mass "failure to go" event - no one in their right mind is fantasizing about that sort of thing. The UCMJ favors execution for that sort of foolishness, and everyone in uniform knows this. Clearly you've never been a member of that community or you wouldn't even have that thought in your mind. The active military is NOT part-time like the National Guard, and they aren't vulnerable to the same "hometown" social pressures that the Guard members often are.

And, let's just say that none of them would be actually willing to destroy the rest of their lives in devoted service to . . . crap . . . I hate that I even have to say this because it's just so stupid, but . . . no professional soldier is going to willingly destroy his life over Donald [effing] Trump and his hurt feelings over being rejected by 81 million of his [or her] fellow Americans.

All that said, I'm sure that Vlad Putin loves that there are so many of us that are willing to believe all this stuff.
edit on 1/18/2021 by NorEaster because: added comments

posted on Jan, 18 2021 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Can anyone identify a single government institution in the US that isn't completely dysfunctional at this point?

Like always... ignore the fact that your far left-wing/never-Trumper authoritarian leaders attempted, and in many instances were able, to stop many of the policies of President Trump...

Heck, even when he changed foreign policy in countries like Ukraine what did your far left-wing/never-Trumper leadership do?... They used false claims of "abuse of power" from Obama/Biden implanted loyalists like Vindman, and the previous Ukrainian ambassador to the U.S., among others whom wanted to continue foreign policy as Obama/Biden set it instead of following the policies and orders from the new POTUS...

Heck, President Trump was even accused of "abusing his power" for not wanting to continue foreign policy like Obama/Biden and their loyalists wanted to keep them... Instead your leadership attempted, again, to impeach President Trump for "abusing his power" when it is in fact within his power to change foreign policy...

But I am sure you will find a way to attempt to claim "that's his fault too..." That's how absurd your LIES, no longer arguments, are...

edit on 18-1-2021 by ElectricUniverse because: add and correct comment.

posted on Jan, 18 2021 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: NorEaster

If a lone wolf attacker gets to Joe Biden, Wednesday will be the last normal day in the lives of anyone and everyone who's ever pushed Trump's "Big Lie" about the illegitimacy of our last national election. And believe me when I tell you that even if your life sucks right now, you'll be pining for the "good old days" when your life only sucked as bad as it does right now.

Nothing needs to happen to Biden.

Ask any Biden voter why they voted for him, few will say because they liked him or his policies. Most will say (in not so many words) it was because they hated Trump. Their hate will not go away when Trump does. They will just wait until the MSM tells them who to hate next.

The Biden regime is born of hate. And like any other regime born of hate, innocent blood will be spilled before it's over. Fortunately, our Ministry of Propaganda will tell the masses that those victims of hate deserved what happened to them. That's what happens to people who think in an unapproved manner. Let that be a lesson to others.

posted on Jan, 18 2021 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom
POST REMOVED BY STAFF

It's so sad for us being military Veterans of our birth country that when we actually realize one or maybe two things about war is this with my own experience serving in the USAF.
1. War truly is a racket unless the US is being invaded. ( times have changed since I felt that and the reason is because it doesn't take another 's foot soldier to invade another country, electronic warfare is now, by any means that is )
2. Many of us that have served do ask ourselves at one time or another in our life this, why was I sent to a place to kill, just because someone said so, hmm , after all these years we ask ourselves the same question and we still may not have an answer to it.

What is really sad if we see a repeat of what happened at Kent State University. www.history.com...

I Hear your words...and they are touched with the pain that millions now feel...

But Darkness has come to Our Camelot... It Occludes the Light of Truth in a Sorcerous Cloak of Lies...
The Wyrrm has set It's scaly feet upon our Shores...and it's Golden Teeth are poised to devour us, while it's Silver Tongue seeks to rob us of Reason...

It Enrages me! As I'm sure it does Millions of Others...

But violence in the name of any kind of Governance is Self defeating...and usually draws untold Suffering with it...

We Must be Warriors of the Light of Truth!!!

Shine Light upon the Darkness and It shall Flee Before Us!!!

Present to Love

"Pray to your Gods, and gird your weapons of war! Tonight we march!"

When will it be Time?
When the Last bomb falls?
When the Last child cries?

"Step to the Left! Hey your Left! Hey your Left!"

When will we See?
When the blood is a sea?
When your pain is the fee?

"Eyes Right! Hey to the Right! Hey to the Right!"

When will We Know?
When the Heartbeat slows?
When the Heavens will show?

"Present ARMS!"

(And I saw the Truth in the eyes of the World...it is Love supporting all of Creation...not strength of Arms...)

One of the Greatest Warriors of Light was Dr. M.L. King!!!
But there are countless others who have given that Last Measure of Themselves for Truth and Love ...Shielding and/or Saving it with Their COURAGE!!!

May the Maker have Mercy on us All...

May you always walk with Courage and Dignity into and between the Dark Secrets of Eternity...
And, May you go, wrapped in a cloak of Compassion and Human Kindness... beneath the Light of Truth and Love...

Amen...
edit on 18-1-2021 by Khurzon because: spelling

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join