It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Republicans headed for a pro-Trump, anti-Trump civil war? 'Hell yes.'

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2021 @ 03:00 AM
link   

As President Donald Trump prepares to leave office with his party in disarray, Republican leaders including Sen. Mitch McConnell are maneuvering to thwart his grip on the GOP in future elections, while forces aligned with Trump are looking to punish Republican lawmakers and governors who have broken with him.

Source

Ronald Reagan wouldn’t recognize Trumpism as conservativism. He would rail against the uncouth and unprofessional manners of someone like Trump.

Yet there are a quite a few who follow Trump who have identified as conservatives without displaying any actual conservative values. This leaves a huge mess for the Republicans to clean up now that the loose cannon is leaving office.

In a world where reality is made up, and no longer vetted against previous principles, this may bring the focus back onto the platform of what it means to be conservative vs what it means to be a populist.

+13 more 
posted on Jan, 17 2021 @ 03:29 AM
link   
a reply to: HunkaHunka

The good folks here at ATS rail against the uncouth and unprofessional manners of ignorance .

+10 more 
posted on Jan, 17 2021 @ 03:37 AM
link   

With Trump gone the remaining Republican legacy politicians can go back to how it was.

I don't know what kind of mental illness could make somebody desire a return to the status quo for Republicans. Those alleged conservative politicians are all big spender, big government, money grubbers that only flirt with actual conservatism when they pander to the Christian voter block. If they managed to ever deliver on any of their tough talk we wouldn't be where we are right now.

+5 more 
posted on Jan, 17 2021 @ 03:39 AM
link   

So the Pubs might destroy themselves? Cool.

One craptastic party down, and one craptastic party to go...

posted on Jan, 17 2021 @ 03:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Spoken like a true populist

+13 more 
posted on Jan, 17 2021 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Now if only the grassroots Democrats could destroy their craptacular party America might be on the road to a system which serves the people.

posted on Jan, 17 2021 @ 03:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

Yet another populist

+22 more 
posted on Jan, 17 2021 @ 04:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: HunkaHunka
a reply to: Boadicea

Spoken like a true populist

Hmmmm..... you say that like it's a bad thing.... and being a partisan puppet is a good thing...

But okay. I know you like your labels. And if I had to choose between being a populist or a partisan puppet, I would take populist in a heartbeat!

But I don't have to, and I won't, and I'll just keep on keeping on being me.

+7 more 
posted on Jan, 17 2021 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Yet another populist

You say that like serving the people is a bad thing.

You also called me both a Marxist and an Anarchist in another thread. Quite the ideology I seem to have developed, ay?

At any rate, long live Anarcho-Marxist-Populism.

posted on Jan, 17 2021 @ 06:20 AM
link   

I honestly think this poster has earned enough Yuan this month. He should take a short internet break!

Every thread is the same thing, radical left talking points and they come 5 at a time.....

As to the OP.

In a world where reality is made up, and no longer vetted against previous principles, this may bring the focus back onto the platform of what it means to be conservative vs what it means to be a populist.

This is 100%, unadulterated word salad. It means nothing.

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 17 2021 @ 06:24 AM
link   

In your DREAMS maybe!!

This conservative isn't headed anywhere other than the fridge for some juice!

Why do you keep trying to lather people up???

Do YOU want to see a war?? I'm thinking you do!!

You're acting like that little punk kid at recess who is always running around saying..."Did you hear what that guy said about you???"...and trying to start a fight!

posted on Jan, 17 2021 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Totally agree with the OP.

This is the best opportunity the GOP has had in a generation to find its soul again and continue Reagan's conservative project. It's going to hurt like hell but it's necessary.

posted on Jan, 17 2021 @ 06:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka

Yet another populist

Populism isn't serving the people.

It's conning the people into supporting you and your cronies.

posted on Jan, 17 2021 @ 06:46 AM
link   
It will all go back to the corrupt swamp that we can do nothing about. Just sit, watch and scream at the wall while the country slowly erodes.

You didn’t vote for Biden and Harris because you thought they would be good. Remember that.

posted on Jan, 17 2021 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Put away the ouija board that's not Ronald Reagan your talking to. Could you imagine Donald Trump threatening air traffic controllers with termination because they were unauthorized to strike. I would surmise past presidents before the era of corruption the lifetime appointed congress, past 4 presidents have rendered our union unrecognizable and against the principles of freedom and democracy.

In fact, I would venture to say our country if the present time were in the 1700s would be viewed as more corrupt and taxed than we were under the foot of Britain.

George Washington was viewed as uncouth, a rebel, an insurgent, and a terrorist by today's standards.

The crazy thing is the left points to a President who served 4 years as the source of all that is wrong with the country while ignoring the fact that the laws that enable perceived racism, discrimination, and other perceived injustices are the product of laws the legislator has delivered and in the grand scheme of things, presidents have very little to do with your unhappiness.

Think about it a portion of congress has been in office for more than 30 years and longer than any appointed supreme court justice in history. In the grand scheme of things, you leftists are just being pointed to where they want you and obediently behave, despite the pointers being the source of your unhappiness and injustices.

posted on Jan, 17 2021 @ 06:51 AM
link   

There going to end up with there desk sitting outside the classroom, put it that way.

posted on Jan, 17 2021 @ 07:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ksihkehe
I don't know what kind of mental illness could make somebody desire a return to the status quo for Republicans. Those alleged conservative politicians are all big spender, big government, money grubbers that only flirt with actual conservatism when they pander to the Christian voter block. If they managed to ever deliver on any of their tough talk we wouldn't be where we are right now.

Couldn't have been better said.

And, this is why Congress' approval ratings at the polls are often in the single digits.

edit on 1712021 by Snarl because: clarity

posted on Jan, 17 2021 @ 07:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Whodathunkdatcheese
Reagan's conservative project.

You mean Trickle-down economics?

Wiki Link Political opponents of the Reagan administration soon seized on this language in an effort to brand the administration as caring only about the wealthy.

In fact ... with 20/20 hindsight ... it Only ever favored the wealthy.

Sometimes you get a star for your efforts ... sometimes you don't.

posted on Jan, 17 2021 @ 07:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Whodathunkdatcheese

originally posted by: Ohanka

Yet another populist

Populism isn't serving the people.

It's conning the people into supporting you and your cronies.

You are describing almost every mainstream US political movement in modern history and a high percentage of Federal politicians.

Trump is gone soon.

Time to take the blinders off and accept the reality of situation. Both these parties are trash and Congress is the apex of this pile of excrement. All the partisan hacks in career positions, both parties, are completely out of control.

posted on Jan, 17 2021 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Op is the thread master averages 2 a day and 90% of them if not more are in the mud pit, he is just a slinging...

<<   2  3 >>

join