It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huge energy source approaching the earth from behind?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2021 @ 10:13 AM
link   

How can 'behind' exist for a ROUND object that's surrounded by SPACE from all directions? Earth has no 'front' or 'back'.

posted on Feb, 8 2021 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shoujikina

How can 'behind' exist for a ROUND object that's surrounded by SPACE from all directions? Earth has no 'front' or 'back'.

I think he meant "behind" relative to the Earth moving around the Sun.

But as I pointed out in my post right before yours, he's wrong about that, too. He seems to believe that the bow shock in his images are caused by the earth moving through space, so the energy on the opposite side of the bow shock would be "behind" the moving Earth.

However, the bow shock is not caused by the earth moving through space, but rather due to the solar wind from the Sun hitting the Earth (the solar wind moves 500,000 mph). So the bow shock would be the side facing the sun (daytime side of earth) and the energy source he claims is there would be on the night time side of Earth.

So it would not be "behind" earth, to use his terminology, but rather "beside" Earth -- moving next to Earth and with Earth as they both move around the sun.

However, and as others have pointed out, this alleged energy source is just the result of the solar wind reacting with Earth's magnetic field as the wind and magnetic field wrap completely around Earth.

edit on 2/8/2021 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

<< 1  2   >>

join