It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huge energy source approaching the earth from behind?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2021 @ 07:13 PM
link   
So, send my house payment ?

Thanks for the explanation.

Interesting subject.

posted on Jan, 16 2021 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Searching magnetic reconnection backs up what you guys are saying about the video.

It looks like it happens on the sun too.

posted on Jan, 16 2021 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem
I would think we would see a burned out dark star coming, if it was close enough to do that to the solar wind. Unless that is a glitch, that is some serious ship. Ive viewed these before and never seen the solar wind make a pattern anywhere near this one. I wonder how far we could see a black star from?

Too many weird things at the same time. If something big is going down. This is somehow related to things going on in politics

We would have felt the gravitational effects long before that as it destroyed our solar system on the way to earth. It's silly to even speculate because even a dwarf star entering our solar system would destroy the balance and send planets in all directions. And humans would have been dead for a long time before it got within a couple of earth radius due to the gravitational attractions of such a large object. Not to mention your right we would spot it as it approached the inner solar system. On the plus side, we would know we are about to become extinct.

posted on Jan, 16 2021 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I was thinking that maybe it was some dark matter trying to sneak up on us.

On the plus side, we would know we are about to become extinct.

Not sure I would want to know.

posted on Jan, 16 2021 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingAtMars

On the Sun it's somewhat different. What happens there is when there is a magnetically complex sunspot group (the Sun's magnetic field is not nearly as well organized as Earth's), the magnetic fields can reconnect. This is what seems to result in a solar flare. The more complex, the greater the chances of a flare.

edit on 1/16/2021 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2021 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

originally posted by: LookingAtMars
a reply to: Chadwickus

Solar wind comes from the sun. Not from behind earth.

The video is of him showing and explaining the different sat data.

He doesn't really waffle on, IMO.

No he just doesn't understand what he's seeing. Magnetic reconnection occurs in a plasma where you have opposite running magnetic field lines. Think of it as an electrical short circuit and this will always occur opposite the solar wind since that is the source of the energy. Solar flares can cause reconnection to occur in the near-Earth magnetotail (a narrow magnetic field structure located on the night side many Earth-radii away). The tenuous plasma in that region is then accelerated down magnetic field lines into the polar regions, striking Earth's atmosphere and exciting nitrogen and oxygen atoms as well as other atoms present in our atmosphere. The immediate de-excitation of these atoms then emit the wonderful and often intricate display of light we know as the aurora or northern (and southern) lights.

So what he sees is solar energy being redirected back to earth and if he understood what he was reading he would know why.

Just wondering though if there is interconnection of a series of affecting known events, from the solar wind or more, the
asymmetric magnetosphere, Stratosphere, Troposphere to the surface, while the current observing of the Polar Vortex...in the stratosphere, which is both powerful, and it seems, at this time somewhat unstable..as in 'splitting' or rather, maybe splitting, and along with that wacky weather at the surface..which we in my area are having these last week or so, when the wind is blowing any which way, and temperature variations equally wacky, which is thought to be a feature of a, 'splitting vortex' (or maybe a strong one) and effects like a mini tornado bomb coming from any direction.

Mid range forecast from the BBC for this coming week, rain, breezy, dull, normal FTTOY, weekend,
looks colder...no temperatures given, last week we had temperatures below freezing by three to six degrees, one day at +8 degrees, and another at +13 degrees.
I'll probably die of Ammonia in this fecking country!

posted on Jan, 17 2021 @ 03:57 AM
link   
I don't suppose this would be connected to our planet rotating slightly faster last year?

youtu.be...

Time stamp 2m 12s
edit on 17-1-2021 by FinallyAwake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2021 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: FinallyAwake

No it wouldnt if i had to guess internally something shifted or the oceans stayed warmer than normal. Warm water alows the earth to spin better than cold water because of its viscosity. Viscosity is a property of a liquid and is defined as the resistance of a liquid to flow. This is why oil in your car is thicker in the winter than summer. So warmer oceans would mean les resistance.

Third option would be if weather patterns changed but i doubt this was it because it would be drastic.

posted on Jan, 17 2021 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

The ocean doesn't provide any resistance to Earth's rotation, it rotates right along with it. Various things cause changes in the rate of rotation, all having to do with conservation of angular momentum.

The ocean can have an effect. As polar ice melts, mass (water) moves from the poles toward the equator. A change in angular momentum. Like an ice skater extending her arms, the rate of rotation slows.

In general, over the very long term, Earth's rotation is gradually slowing because of tidal influences, the Moon is "stealing" angular momentum. However there are short term changes, again, caused by changes in angular momentum. The atmosphere is most responsible for these short term variations, changes in its distribution of mass.

edit on 1/17/2021 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2021 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: FinallyAwake
I don't suppose this would be connected to our planet rotating slightly faster last year?

youtu.be...

Time stamp 2m 12s

i did not get informed of the millisecond faster spin rate of the planet on YT... but on Yahoo NEWS

initially i considered the bible Prophecy, concerning the End-Times, SEE:

Mat 24:22

And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.

the shortened day-light hours... a milli-second ... hardly seems noteworthy by itself --->
but in light of the bible prediction...The issue becomes important, even magnified ... in Its' significance >>>

the Days getting 'Shorter' in a celestial way

posted on Jan, 17 2021 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

thats actually not true in the case of the oceans less Ice means faster spin. As the polar regions redistribute because they get warmer it causes mass to move from the polls to the equater. The other form of resistance is arctic and antartic currents warm water causes these currents to slow down and effects the atmosphere. Really didnt want to get into this much detail over this but the last thing i will say is this happened before.

phys.org...

posted on Jan, 17 2021 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingAtMars

Are we about to get a Celestial reach around?

posted on Jan, 17 2021 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Damn.

I knew my creditors would catch up to me sooner or later.

posted on Jan, 17 2021 @ 02:16 PM
link   

As the polar regions redistribute because they get warmer it causes mass to move from the polls to the equater.
Exactly. And since Earth's surface at the equator is farther from the rotational axis than it is at the poles, guess what happens? The mass moves "outward" as it moves toward the equator. Again, think about a spinning ice skater extending her arms.

The other form of resistance is arctic and antartic currents warm water causes these currents to slow down and effects the atmosphere.

Your source:

The Earth spin speed changes in response to such events, in this case moving faster, to conserve angular momentum.

Angular momentum, not viscosity. As I pointed out, the atmosphere also has an effect on angular momentum. Any change in the distribution of mass will affect the rate of rotation.

posted on Jan, 17 2021 @ 02:58 PM
link   

No definately viscosity that is what causes ocean currents density changes in water. Gravity acts on these density differences to cause large-scale thermohaline currents
edit on 1/17/21 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2021 @ 03:08 PM
link   

This is what you said.

Warm water alows the earth to spin better than cold water because of its viscosity.

This is incorrect.

posted on Jan, 17 2021 @ 03:20 PM
link   

This is incorrect.

Prove it.

posted on Jan, 17 2021 @ 03:37 PM
link   

you are looking at a computer simulation

and the operating system you use is a simulation and so is your mind.

Where does that leave you..

posted on Jan, 17 2021 @ 11:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

This is what you said.

Warm water alows the earth to spin better than cold water because of its viscosity.

This is incorrect.

It's not it was just a generalization I was trying to avoid sidetracking this thread with too much information. However, that seems to be what you want so I gave you further information as deep ocean tides do indeed affect the earth's spin and it caused by viscosity. I'll concede in the future to be more detailed if that makes you happy.

posted on Jan, 20 2021 @ 10:42 AM
link   
This guy kept saying the earth was moving 67,000 mph in the direction of the bow shock (he said it was moving to the left on the first set of images, and to the right on the second set). However, isn't the bow shock created by the solar winds coming from the sun at about 500,000 mph and hitting Earth's magnetosphere?

Therefore, the directions he said the Earth was moving is the direction directly toward the Sun. So he's wrong about that He's right that Earth is moving at 67,000 mph relative to the sun as it orbits the sun -- but in reality it is in a direction (generally) perpendicular to the direction of the solar wind, not directly opposite the wind.

That is, the bow shock is created by the speed of the solar wind, not the speed of the Earth orbiting the Sun.

edit on 1/20/2021 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join