It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is What's Inside the 2nd Largest Ancient Egyptian Pyramid - Khafre’s Pyramid

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2021 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: SleeperHasAwakened

You need a really big screen to see the level of detail you are talking about, the whole thing is underwater and the granite is just one layer according to Botticelli.

Another layer is just nail polish, stars or dust depending on your interpretation you can lay your body down to sleep or die.

Howass retrofit the Queens chamber with air conditioning to help dry it out.

posted on Jan, 19 2021 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Great video thanks for posting.

The last 3 minutes im coming to agree with. Maybe the work underground with all the pyramids were done by an earlier civilisation? The Egyptian kings find the granite boxes and use them as tombs. Then construct a pyramid above them.
The Egyptians painted and had hieroglyphics in their burial sites. But none here or at the bent pyramid or others.

It is puzzling how the granite "tombs" were made and gotten into place.

Its puzzling why there are pyramids in place, which seem to have an outer pyramid over an older one?

posted on Jan, 19 2021 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: SecretKnowledge

No that wouldnt make sense if you think about it. Be like finding a mine and deciding to build a walmart because you wanted to use it as a basement. The Egyptians were very good at moving stones my bet would be flood the tomb and float it in. With the egyptians everything in their life involved the nile. Heres how they moved the stones.

www.ancient-code.com...

posted on Jan, 19 2021 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: SecretKnowledge

Great video thanks for posting.

The last 3 minutes im coming to agree with. Maybe the work underground with all the pyramids were done by an earlier civilisation? The Egyptian kings find the granite boxes and use them as tombs. Then construct a pyramid above them.
The Egyptians painted and had hieroglyphics in their burial sites. But none here or at the bent pyramid or others.

It is puzzling how the granite "tombs" were made and gotten into place.

Its puzzling why there are pyramids in place, which seem to have an outer pyramid over an older one?

The original tombs for royalty and nobles were pit shafts; tombs dug into bedrock. This is common before the first Dynasty. By the third Dynasty they were building pit shaft tombs with big buildings over them (mastabas)

At the time of Djoser, his architect (Imhotep) came up with the plan to put a stack of these mastabas together (a step pyramid). The main tomb is still underground, dug into the rock like the other tombs.

Then Djoser's successor, Sekhemkhet, also got a step pyramid for his tomb. You can see on Wikipedia that it has the same type of underground structure

Khaba, who came after him also had a pyramid.

The one who came after him, Huni, built 4 or 5 pyramids They had underground passageways.

Sneferu, Khufu's father, built three or four smooth-sided pyramids and the total amount of stone and work on his pyramids was more than the Great Pyramid at Giza.

Then came Khufu.

So there was a very long history of underground tombs and passageways AND pyramids.

posted on Jan, 19 2021 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

No that wouldnt make sense if you think about it. Be like finding a mine and deciding to build a walmart because you wanted to use it as a basement. The Egyptians were very good at moving stones my bet would be flood the tomb and float it in. With the egyptians everything in their life involved the nile. Heres how they moved the stones.

www.ancient-code.com...

My understanding is that the shafts for the pyramid containing the granite box are not large enough to fit the box through. This was the reason IIUC behind developing the theory of "geopolymers" or casting the granite box from liquid rock (which the author of the video dismantles pretty convincingly).

Even if the box would fit, how would you add enough buoyancy to move that solid granite block around?

posted on Jan, 20 2021 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Spoiler:
Olive oil and Brewsters law

posted on Jan, 20 2021 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Not the way Petrie entered shaft was to small. Thats why he suspected there was another entrance and he was right there was. they kind of glossed over that small detail.

As to how to float a one ton stone for example you use Archimedes Principle. You take the stone density over water guessing somewhere between 6 to 8 times more dense then water. This means you need to displace somewhere between 1/6 to 1/8 of a ton to get it to float. This is done by expanding surface area. Now you really would not even need to float it just lighten the load using boyancy.
edit on 1/20/21 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2021 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

Thanks for the links.

In the room with the tomb there are no hieroglyphics. Same with the bent pyramid.
Wouldn't there be because these are tombs of kings?

Also, why the pyramid? Is it a complete pile of rocks so to speak?
Im guessing the thinking would be so that no-one could possibly break into the tombs with all that above them?
Or is there more of a spiritual reason i.e. getting the soul to the heavens?

posted on Jan, 20 2021 @ 09:05 AM
link   

www.ancient-code.com...

Thanks for the link, but that article doesn't explain how they moved the blocks during construction. I know you say Archimedes principal is the answer but to me, that idea wouldnt work for the placing of the blocks into final position. Does it work at the angle required to get the blocks up the pyramid? I dont think so, not at those angles anyhow

posted on Jan, 20 2021 @ 11:10 AM
link   

www.ancient-code.com...

Thanks for the link, but that article doesn't explain how they moved the blocks during construction. I know you say Archimedes principal is the answer but to me, that idea wouldnt work for the placing of the blocks into final position. Does it work at the angle required to get the blocks up the pyramid? I dont think so, not at those angles anyhow

No that just gets it to the front door and maybe the bottom layers of the pyramid. You will still need ramps and i believe simple pulleys. if i build a ramp with pillars every 20 feet or so i can grease them and use them as pulleys. but thats my speculation. But we have indeedi think the internal ramps only make sense to build them right in to the pyramid then just fill them in. But we know they used ramps we found them at other sites. Amazingly, the potential construction ramp of the Great Pyramid has already been discovered, and it was similar to these other ramps. In 1995, the Giza Inspectorate “excavated trenches through thick layers of limestone debris south of the southwest corner of Khufu’s pyramid. Remains of fieldstone walls were found running north-northwest that could have been the accretions or retaining walls of the foundation of (such) a supply ramp.

posted on Jan, 20 2021 @ 11:18 AM
link   

www.ancient-code.com...

No that just gets it to the front door and maybe the bottom layers of the pyramid. You will still need ramps and i believe simple pulleys. if i build a ramp with pillars every 20 feet or so i can grease them and use them as pulleys. but thats my speculation. But we may have evidence of internal ramps only make sense to build them right in to the pyramid then just fill them in. But we know they used ramps we found them at other sites. Amazingly, the potential construction ramp of the Great Pyramid has already been discovered, and it was similar to these other ramps. In 1995, the Giza Inspectorate “excavated trenches through thick layers of limestone debris south of the southwest corner of Khufu’s pyramid. Remains of fieldstone walls were found running north-northwest that could have been the accretions or retaining walls of the foundation of a supply ramp.

posted on Jan, 20 2021 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Always interesting these 'academic' vs 'mystery' conversations regarding the pyramids and associated structures. I respect all perspectives, although I tend to be on the side of undiscovered techniques or technology and without an alien in sight, mind you. I have not had the privilege to visit any of the archaeological sites but the details our modern imaging technology offers is always astounding.

The one thing I...and probably many, many others...would like to see is an exact duplicate of the Great Pyramid constructed in situ, with the same materials and the proposed techniques of academic studies. Not possible, I know, but still a fascinating desire.

Each to their own and their opinions because without them there would be no debate.

posted on Jan, 20 2021 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: fromtheskydown

The mathematics involved in the site location were claimed to have been calculated by a math savant.
Some of these math geniuses couldn't even dress themselves and no one would take them to be an authority on anything much less the mathematics that ordered the universe without objective proof.
An autistic might not even be able to recognize the symbolism in the Botticelli example I posted that proved the pyramids were designed as a GPS marker.

There was a study done of children with cognitive impairment back in the sixties. There is a video posted somewhere but like the Bobby Fischer statement that we should give America back to the indigenous peoples, it might be considered a race troll.

These granite enclosures may have been designed for multi use the last being to hold a sarcophagus.
One of the comments in the first video suggested they might have needed an alien computer to validate the math savant before anybody would take the proposal seriously.

If you study star alignments for the period around when the Giza area was being developed, Thuban was closest to the pole in 2830 BCE, however Thuban was among the faintest pole stars.

Although I haven't thought much about using polymer technology in the granite casings there were a couple interesting links.

www.photonicsonline.com...

Olive oil seems to have an affinity for polymers probably as a suspension with a flash point of 410 degrees Fahrenheit.

You might make observations of pole stars infrequently to increase solar parallax thus the need for a lid to keep your observation chamber clean between uses.

Two different videos and two different uses other than to hold a sarcophagus thus the need for the spoiler warning.

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Not the way Petrie entered shaft was to small. Thats why he suspected there was another entrance and he was right there was. they kind of glossed over that small detail.

As to how to float a one ton stone for example you use Archimedes Principle. You take the stone density over water guessing somewhere between 6 to 8 times more dense then water. This means you need to displace somewhere between 1/6 to 1/8 of a ton to get it to float. This is done by expanding surface area. Now you really would not even need to float it just lighten the load using boyancy.

It was a longer video, and I do think I recall him touching on a different entrance (IIRC Petrie had sketched out a map and had speculated existence of another entrance he was unable to draw, and that hunch later turned out to be correct), but not much was mentioned about it's location or size.

I assumed there would be a way to add buoyancy to the granite box, but what really got my mind working was, how the heck would you maneuver the box with the chambers flooded.

You wouldn't be able to have the water level below the depth of the chamber you wanted to place the box and float it up (ancient Egyptians didn't have underwater breathing apparatus so far as I'm aware). Not to mention that the chamber is already at 10+ meters below the bedrock. That means you'd need to have this additional entrance above the chamber you want to eventually place it, so you could float the box down. You would need to then gradually let out the water level until the box was at the depth of the target chamber.

The problems I see with this: the shaft would need to be incredibly wide, and the entrance into the target chamber just as wide. Even if the additional entrance is large enough to the box into the structure, have they found a shaft wide enough to let the box pass through that connects the entrance to the chamber? How would the builders control water levels like that at such a depth below the bedrock? I'd also expect that a process like this would be very very difficult to accurately control and I could imagine bumps/scrapes ending up on the box from the process of transferring it through the shaft.

It's an interesting theory. I'm not sure I'm sold on it, but I would say it's more plausible than liquefying granite and recasting it.

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Yeah its a puzzle alright but anything is better than the liquefying granite idea.

If you were to float the box down and up the shafts, how would that be done? The shafts are at angles so that for me rules out floating. Plus, according to the video the box is too big to fit through the doorway into the burial chamber. So its quite the conundrum. Well, to a pleb like me it is lol.

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 08:51 AM
link   

At the part in the video where the text written by Petrie about the Illahun region circa 1889 they were getting excited about the precision of the granite box being off by only 7 thousands of an inch over the width and length. The 7 thousandths kept showing up in their error data until they decided it was an observational bias. An entire demographic probably got lost trying to figure out what the original useage was.

The pole star Thuban was at roughly a 30 degree angle to the horizon (at Giza) in 2800 BC yet at the time of the building of the Great pyramid they angled the entrance passageway north at an angle of just 26.5 degrees? Da'vinci interpreted this as an aggregate in his drawing of the flying machine and Botticelli tried to reexplain that so you wouldn't get stuck assuming it was only 16.

I think its fair to divulge some of the esoteric dependencies, since it was all supposed to be self evident.

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

was there ever any bodies found in this tomb ?

or is that a common misconception ?

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: fromtheskydown

I too would love to see a modern pyramid built with the same proposed techniques
that they used then
with the same materials

it would take a very long time to get the materials together and how many people it would require
it would be a huge undertaking

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

Well building a pyramid would be expensive and not really worth the effort. I guess the closest we got to that was Abu Simbel where they took apart the entire temple and moved it to higher ground. It taught us alot on how they built it .

www.livescience.com...

posted on Jan, 21 2021 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

that is really interesting ,did they also make it that the sun fills the chamber on the same days?

The entrance way to the temple was built in such a way that on two days of the year, October 22 and February 22, sunlight shines into the inner sanctuary and lights up three statues seated on a bench, including one of the pharaoh.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join