It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is What's Inside the 2nd Largest Ancient Egyptian Pyramid - Khafre’s Pyramid

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Jan, 16 2021 @ 03:23 PM
link   
THIS is What's INSIDE the 2nd LARGEST Ancient Egyptian Pyramid - Khafre’s Pyramid

Another video from Jimmy of Youtube channel Bright Insight. He was recently over in Egypt and took a ton of video everywhere.
Last week i posted his video inside the bent pyramid HERE

Raw video footage entering and the 2nd largest Pyramid of Giza (commonly referred to as the 'Pyramid of Khafre' (which is only 30ft smaller than the Great Pyramid of Giza). One of the most fascinating, and unique details about this structure is that the entire internal layout is carved ENTIRELY from BEDROCK (minus the large roof slabs within the so-called Kings/Queen's chamber). This is much different than that of the Great Pyramid, which is entirely made up of stone blocks. This video was filmed in December, 2020

Similar to the bent pyramid all the access is underneath ground level. Into the bedrock. The actual pyramid is huge, but what is it there for? As a marker? The tomb is under the pyramid. I just dont get it.

So, a tomb? Really?
I find that hard to believe after watching these 2 video's

Whats inside the pyramidal building above ground level?
edit on 16-1-2021 by DrumsRfun because: caps

posted on Jan, 16 2021 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: SecretKnowledge

That is incredible to see from the inside... I honestly did not know some of these pyramids have passages in carved out bedrock... it does raise the question of the exterior pyramid structure and its purpose.

Power plant is a common theory. I've also been fascinated with things like obelisks, Stonehendge etc. and wonder if the ancient world committed so much energy and resources into these monoliths for a greater purpose

posted on Jan, 16 2021 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Remarkable footage. Thanks for sharing. I guess some things will remain a mystery.

You know i’ve often wondered, you know how Egyptians were buried with stuff for the aftelife? What happened when people nicked it? Did it disappear from the afterlife? Could the pharaoh be cruising along the ghost-nile and have his ship disappear from under him into thin air? Embarassing.

That’s why i would have a bedrock tomb even with a pyramid. Someone might steal my ghost house, aint no one stealing my ghost basement.
edit on 1612021 by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2021 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

That is incredible to see from the inside... I honestly did not know some of these pyramids have passages in carved out bedrock...

That's the general style of most Egyptian tombs. The Pyramid of Djoser has around 2 km (yes, kilometers) of passageways and rooms underneath. They were building underground chambers with mastabas (huge buildings) over them for around 1,000 years before the Giza pyramids were built

The pyramids built by Kufu's father and grandfather had underground chambers carved from bedrock.

it does raise the question of the exterior pyramid structure and its purpose.

The "House of Eternity" for the king - i.e., tomb. "House of Eternity" was the designation given to all royal tombs whether or not they were pyramids. Hatshepsut's House of Eternity is a beautiful structure.

Power plant is a common theory.

Only among people who have little to no knowledge of power plants and electricity. I'm not being mean -- I'm being serious.

I've also been fascinated with things like obelisks, Stonehendge etc. and wonder if the ancient world committed so much energy and resources into these monoliths for a greater purpose

For kings and religion.

For other things, no. Each effort is very local in time and space. Obelisks were popular around 1000 BC. Pyramids had fallen out of favor after about 2000 BC. Stonehenge was built around 3000 BC. Machu Piccu was built around 1100 AD.

Etc, etc.

posted on Jan, 16 2021 @ 03:55 PM
link   
This was big science of the day with amazing GPS accuracy.
When we get to the Sphinx and the 26,000 year cycle there might even be some star alignment predictions.

posted on Jan, 16 2021 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Great !!

S+F !!

P.S. That video was just posted on YouTube. No one wears masks in Egypt. Everything appears to be fully open, no shred of lockdowns or closed businesses. Everything normal

Well known fact: Covid does not affect tourist-dependent Third World countries....or Third World countries have better health care....or (insert low-iQ leftist explanation here)....

posted on Jan, 16 2021 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Yea been watching his series of videos on a variety of pyramids, incredible footage clear to see.

One of those countries I always wanted to visit doesnt look like ill ever get there now, so these are a nice almost there moment.

posted on Jan, 16 2021 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Slichter
This was big science of the day with amazing GPS accuracy.
When we get to the Sphinx and the 26,000 year cycle there might even be some star alignment predictions.

It can't be seen more than 5 miles away.

They had no maps at the time, either. And their astronomy was not nearly as good as the Babylonians.

posted on Jan, 16 2021 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

Same excuse they gave for calculus, the printing press hadn't been invented.
Ironically the internet has left many with too many authorities to chose from.

posted on Jan, 16 2021 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: M5xaz

Why the politics?

posted on Jan, 16 2021 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mark98SS

originally posted by: M5xaz

Why the politics?

Great post by OP.

But this no Covid aspect of the video really sticks out - the question needs to be asked.

Cheers.

posted on Jan, 16 2021 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Slichter
a reply to: Byrd

Same excuse they gave for calculus, the printing press hadn't been invented.
Ironically the internet has left many with too many authorities to chose from.

I mist be missing something so perhaps you could shed some light on what calculus has to do with Egyptian maps and Astronomy? lack of a printing press didn't stop the Sumerians and Babylonians from coming up with and using complex math. This is all well documented in Cuneiform. There are clay tablets going back to the 3rd millennium BCE covering everything from fractions and algebra, quadratic and cubic equations and even the Pythagorean Theorem. The main difference between Sumerian/Babylonian/Akkadian math and the math we are more familiar with today is that we use a system of base 10 whereas they used base 12. Regardless, their math was pretty precise up to 6 decimal places.

posted on Jan, 16 2021 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: peter vlar

Of course they had complex math 5000 years ago.
So why don't more people understand that at 9 places there was a 57 like in the Kryptos puzzle instead of a 54 like the angle in the bent pyramid?

posted on Jan, 16 2021 @ 07:12 PM
link   
The video is stunning. The precision of the build is awesome.

Their technology, whatever it was, is something that puts some of our current technology to shame.

posted on Jan, 16 2021 @ 07:30 PM
link   
You know what has always fascinated me is how these pyramids were built. The traditional archeological story is that hundreds of thousands of slaves used huge ramps that were at very slightly larger angles to move the huge 5 ton rocks over a mile and these Pyramids took 100 years to build.

But a lot of Archeologists are befuddled about the fact that these hundreds of thousands of slaves did not leave any evidence of them living on site for 100 years in the sand way below the sand like utensils, clay pots. Usually when that many people live somewhere they leave something that showed they lived there. The people had to have kids and wives and relatives that lived there.

Thoughts?

edit on 16-1-2021 by Brassmonkey because: Grammar

posted on Jan, 16 2021 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Brassmonkey

There are some funeral temples nearby for high ranking personnel.
They usually keep the grounds around temples clean and pristine without any evidence of the workers that were involved in the maintenance and construction.
There were gang marks on some of the granite structures inside the pyramid but even in Archimedes day some of the best observational analysis suggested that you will likely be biased and looking at your own nose.
I'm not going to argue with Archimedes.

posted on Jan, 16 2021 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Slichter

Thank you! Is it true that even with All our 21st century technology and engineering there is no way we could build a pyramid to the precision mathematically that they did in antiquity. Is that correct?

edit on 16-1-2021 by Brassmonkey because: Grammar

posted on Jan, 16 2021 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Brassmonkey

We have satellites flying around in space that do amazing things with much more precision.
I doubt we could ever again motivate the world to build stone structures that require so many man hours.
There is a theory that we no longer have the intelligence necessary to decipher some of the deepest pyramid messages.
Or "they" just keep that stuff secret.

posted on Jan, 16 2021 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Another great vid. I cannot help but feel these pyramids had some sort of function at some point in time. The only thing that really makes sense in my mind is that they were trying to contain some sort of radioactive material which is why they needed such thick stone walls. Or perhaps some sort of radioactive process was being used to generate energy, there is some evidence they had access to electricity which powered light bulb type devices. They were certainly a lot more advanced than we ever give them credit for and the precision craftsmanship in the pyramids demonstrates that clearly.

posted on Jan, 17 2021 @ 01:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Brassmonkey
You know what has always fascinated me is how these pyramids were built. The traditional archeological story is that hundreds of thousands of slaves used huge ramps that were at very slightly larger angles to move the huge 5 ton rocks over a mile and these Pyramids took 100 years to build.

The Great Pyramid only took about 20 years to build and was done by a seasonal workforce, no by slave labor. They have found all of the infrastructure, kitchens and quarters where the labor force lived during the building season.

www.livescience.com...

But a lot of Archeologists are befuddled about the fact that these hundreds of thousands of slaves did not leave any evidence of them living on site for 100 years in the sand way below the sand like utensils, clay pots. Usually when that many people live somewhere they leave something that showed they lived there. The people had to have kids and wives and relatives that lived there.

Thoughts?

www.aeraweb.org...

www.bbc.co.uk...
edit on 17-1-2021 by peter vlar because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join