It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inauguration Day - a View from Across the Pond

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2021 @ 05:41 AM
link   
If things do get out of hand and messy I see it more supporting the lefts agenda. Take out the good guys, blame Trump and then go for the guns.

If the military does make the high profile arrests, it could trigger some civil uprising. Justice Roberts seamed worried about it.

As more troops continue to go to Washington DC and other capitals around the nation it looks like the military is preparing to take over while this mess gets sorted.

posted on Jan, 16 2021 @ 05:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: operation mindcrime
a reply to: djz3ro

I kind of look at American political supporters as European football supporters...

Most are just fans who cheer their team on but you can't avoid the hooligans. And no matter how much you are going to reason, argue or analyze this stuff, they just want to drink from the skulls of their enemies.

Sad state of affairs if you are an American, good viewing if you are from any other place.

Peace

I hadn't thought of it like that, it's a good analogy.

posted on Jan, 16 2021 @ 05:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: operation mindcrime

I kind of look at American political supporters as European football supporters...

Most are just fans who cheer their team on but you can't avoid the hooligans. And no matter how much you are going to reason, argue or analyze this stuff, they just want to drink from the skulls of their enemies.

Sad state of affairs if you are an American, good viewing if you are from any other place.

Peace

Tribalism.

Which has been with us since the dawn of man. And always will be.

edit on 16-1-2021 by alldaylong because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2021 @ 05:53 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I am sure there is going to be a lot of that kind of talk from both constructed sides. But it has become very clear there are no sides. What we have is constructed bookends to hold us up.

They can't have us falling down, or seeing anything from any angle other than how they have set it up.

It is also clear anyone that goes is hoping for, looking for, and planning on trouble. Even if they have convinced themselves it is just to document or to witness truth. It would seem that truth should begin in one's self. If we keep lying to ourselves, why should we expect others to be truthful, and why would it matter?

They have gone through this expensive and deadly construction, because they are confident that we will follow our script to the "T", just as we have been programmed to do. We really are good little lemmings and we always please our masters.

posted on Jan, 16 2021 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Americans politics used to be so simple, it was just like the hokey cokey. Right in, right out. Left in, left out etc. And repeat.

Oh hang on, the left is coming back in. Give it another 4 or 8 years and the right will be back.

What is that Albert Einstein quote?

"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results

posted on Jan, 16 2021 @ 06:06 AM
link   
a reply to: kwakakev

People keep repeating that, but it is not what they think. Tribalism in America can't be identified by skin color. If we have tribes it is not tribe red, tribe white, and tribe blue. It isn't even tribe right or tribe left.

Our communities are built on shared land, shared commerce, shared needs and shared expectations. Those needs and expectations may look the same for some and be very different for others.

The changes in our society that has pushed us from the American idea of unity to selfishness, and cemented it with group think. It has moved us closer to mob mentality, and far away from tribalism.

We don't care enough about others anymore to even come close to being called a tribe.

posted on Jan, 16 2021 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Pretty much nailed it .The politics of division have been so prevelent they have divided us and instead of a union we are becoming a nation of hate.a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

posted on Jan, 16 2021 @ 06:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: djz3ro
a reply to: Boadicea

Or perhaps this is the endgame of the American arm of Divide and Conquer?

Crazy times we're living in.

Perhaps. I'd like to think so. The thing is... that's up to us. The people. No one can really "divide-and-conquer" us without our own consent and cooperation.

I was just reading this article and watched the video... then read the comments.

ETA link: Moment black Capitol cop suspended for wearing MAGA hat wades through mob to 'rescue' 16 colleagues as he claims he only put it on to win crowd's trust

While the officer is rightfully getting many kudos in the comments, there is no respect or appreciation for the MAGA folks who helped him and made it possible for the officer to do this. Many comments suggest that the (oh-so-racist and violent) MAGA supporters were fooled by the magic MAGA hat.

And never mind that these MAGA supporters can be heard clearly telling other protesters to stop, that "this isn't what we do" and "this isn't who we are" and so on and so forth. The proof is right in front of everyone's eyes that not all of the MAGA protesters were violent thugs... and not all of the violent thugs were MAGA protesters.

Only the people can stop the divide-and-conquer. Only the people can stop judging and hating and hurting others. Only the people can start giving due respect and courtesy to others, and especially give credit where credit is due. That requires making distinctions, and not lumping entire groups of people with something in common into one big box.

Recent opinion polls are showing that a vast majority of people see that we are tearing ourselves apart. I hope that leads to people finding it in themselves to be a little more respectful and considerate to others, and a lot less judgmental and hateful to others.
edit on 16-1-2021 by Boadicea because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2021 @ 07:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
Excellent post, very good points, well thought out and well written. Totally agree the risk of violence is high due to the right clashing with left wing counter protests or doing something stupid.

Unfortunately you not from America and as such your views on this mean nothing, you shouldn’t post anything and try to tell them how to run their country.

Something about being a good christian....something something... this was a left wing terrorist plot the nice trump Qanon hero’s where just defending the government.

Ermmmm....you have TDS...trump should be paying you for the rent in your head

“Ohhh you would say that because CNN said so”

You also didn’t mention Hillary/Obama/Biden so you’ve lost all credibility and this thread is a joke

Your the racist....stop the steal....no you prove it, I don’t need proof *inserts link to random right wing rag*

Ohhh and I almost forgot

REEEEEEEEEEE!!!

There ya go av just covered every Trump-fan-boy response to this thread in one post.

Nope .
Just good US citizens .

posted on Jan, 16 2021 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: kwakakev

As more troops continue to go to Washington DC and other capitals around the nation it looks like the military is preparing to take over while this mess gets sorted.

Damn , I hope so.
But I have eye problems .
I don;t see the good guys winning ever again.
Why ?
I read the Books and know how this story ends.

posted on Jan, 16 2021 @ 08:03 AM
link   

The evil leftists who will be in charge come Wednesday will use any contrived opportunity to squash freedoms, destroy liberties and insure their 1,000 year reich.

It'll be a cluster f### of unimagined proportions that will ultimately destroy our once great nation thanks to the bloody pathetic nancies who voted in these bastards.

posted on Jan, 16 2021 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flatcoat
While I agree with the premise of the OP, the problem is that, if there is violence, only one side will get blamed. And we know which side that is.

A right wing member threw an egg. Turmoil and catastrophe at the inauguration. Police clamp down on right wing extremists. Trump held to account. Insurgency called. WE must act against the degenerates. 1+1=9....

- nancy pelosi. *hic*..

posted on Jan, 16 2021 @ 08:14 AM
link   
I actually enjoyed reading the OP, I think it was very well written. Then I got to the posts that brought all the crap into this thread that doesn't belong here and just shook my head. I sling a good amount of it too but normally only in the Pit where it belongs.

My hope is that nothing happens on Wednesday so all the detractors and instigators can stand there with their mouths open, stunned that their predictions did not come true and the NG was called up for nothing. Sadly I believe there will be violence by the same instigators that have been doing things like this for years and it'll get blamed on Republicans as usual.

One thing I've learned from watching things that require strategy is a lot more people need to watch things that require strategy. Our government has evolved to the point where direct conflict will do nothing more than stifle our rights. We need a strategy to fix it. It'll take time, but everything worth it usually does.

posted on Jan, 16 2021 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: HalWesten

I think you are hoping the same thing that the majority of Americans, and people all over the world are hoping for. Now you have some "down with America" types here and abroad, but they are the minority.

The internet is a virtual world that looks nothing like the world we see when we open our doors and step outside. The years of role playing in the land of avatars, distorted truths, and anonymity, makes us forget that the internet is not the real world. It is the land of opinions and a place where many go looking for an escape from reality.

edit on 16-1-2021 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: Accidentally posted early.

posted on Jan, 16 2021 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Not so much a prediction but the cynic within me says:

Sniper.

If the sniper is killed or gets away completely it will be called a right-wing nutter. Doesn’t matter if Biden is missed, hit or killed; sympathy will be called upon to try to do things unimaginable without the attack. Gun bans, indoctrination exercises and a push for a single party (DNC) country.

The operative thing here is the stage is set. The outcome is obvious. Never let a manufactured crisis go to waste.

posted on Jan, 16 2021 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flatcoat
While I agree with the premise of the OP, the problem is that, if there is violence, only one side will get blamed. And we know which side that is.

Every single person planning to be at the inauguration or going out to participate or just witness, needs to cancel immediately and stay home and watch the news. There's no reason to encourage a public assembly except to make noise and light fires. This isn't just about preventing unnecessary altercation and escalation between groups but also about avoiding further infection. Too many lives have already been lost because Americans refuse to use common sense.

posted on Jan, 16 2021 @ 10:59 AM
link   
The world reserve fiat currency which all other fiat's are pegged to, is dying. The ponzi has run its course, and must be reset, so the bankers can resume stealing and taxing the world population.

Joe is on board with those who are behind the reset, and this is why he was selected.

Im trying to keep this bland, and not mud pit material, and I want to remind you of something you know all too well.

They had a sale at home depot on bare root fruit trees. By the time I arrived, everything was gone, except the messy ones with labels missing, which I bought for pennies on the dollar ( actually cents, as America doesnt have pennies).

My neighbor said " why did you buy those trees? You will never know what they are, or if they are any good".

I replied " I will know them by their fruit".

You see, good trees dont make bad fruit, and bad trees dont make good fruit.

posted on Jan, 16 2021 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Reason:- Passed presidential swearing ins have been supported by hundreds of people celebrating the inauguration. No trouble, no violence.
Now with this one!!!!!! Biden has been shown through the run up to the election that he has virtually no grass roots following. So who is going to be present celebrating his inauguration? NOBODY. So what can happen? Start the scenario that there is going to be violence by whichever group, hence "we cannot allow anyone near because the safety of the new president takes priority" BS.
The democrats encouraged riots and violence through last year in there democrat run cities, protecting the rioters with the single hope that Trump would send in the military thereby they could shout from the rooftops "look, Trump has called in the military, he's a dictator".
Now you have the democrats calling in the military to protect themselves from the dragon THEY have awoken.
As for the 6th action, no matter if it was peaceful or not, the most important topic on their minds should be WHY.

posted on Jan, 16 2021 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

I think you are right, and that is why they have to keep us distracted, isolated from each other, hating each other, fighting and killing each other.

America is going to be the hardest of all the countries to take down. If they take us down, no other country will balk. Why do they have to waste their time, energy, and reduced resources, in fighting and taking us out, when they can get us to do it for them?

Good luck with the trees. I just hope with the big reset that you will be able to enjoy the fruits before your land is confiscated, because if they want it, they will take it.

America� �s Biggest Owner Of Farmland Is Now Bill Gates
edit on 16-1-2021 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2021 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn
Tribalism in America can't be identified by skin color. If we have tribes it is not tribe red, tribe white, and tribe blue. It isn't even tribe right or tribe left.

Our communities are built on shared land, shared commerce, shared needs and shared expectations. Those needs and expectations may look the same for some and be very different for others.

The changes in our society that has pushed us from the American idea of unity to selfishness, and cemented it with group think. It has moved us closer to mob mentality, and far away from tribalism.

We don't care enough about others anymore to even come close to being called a tribe.

Sure we have tribes. What sports teams we follow, what political side we're on, what bike club we're in, what music we listen to there are several ways we segregate ourselves in the modern age.
edit on 16/1/21 by djz3ro because: Forgot one

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join