It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Best grilled cheese sandwiches ever.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2021 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

I posted a thread recently about Taleggio cheese. The stuff is the BOMB!! Totally agree.

You had me on the grilled cheese right up to the bacon part. I'm a traditionalist when it comes to grilled cheese sammiches.

Otherwise sounds awesome!!!

posted on Jan, 16 2021 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
Cheesus!

posted on Jan, 16 2021 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I will watch this.

Thank you very much. So far since last March, I've been making my own riccotta and adding garlic paste to it (I roasted the garlic ). Next is mozzarella cheese.

posted on Jan, 16 2021 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

I posted a thread recently about Taleggio cheese. The stuff is the BOMB!! Totally agree.

You had me on the grilled cheese right up to the bacon part. I'm a traditionalist when it comes to grilled cheese sammiches.

Otherwise sounds awesome!!!

Hoping you would see a food thread and view it.

Link please, wait I believe I can find your thread history with "Taleggio"...

Well I love bacon but I'll do it without today..

Hang tight for an edit...
found it! www.abovetopsecret.com...
That was Christmas eve and boy that sounds D'licious!!!

a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Ok, what about this my sister ordered from Italy.

Do I slice this super thin and apply it to sammiches.?

edit on 16-1-2021 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-1-2021 by Bigburgh because: OMG THEIR BUILDING A TACO BELL UP THE WAY! AND MY SISTER GOT ME A $100.00 GIFT CARD FOR TACO BELL 😮😀😀😀

posted on Jan, 16 2021 @ 01:53 PM
link   

WOW! What a gift!

I'd probably cut that bad boy up into 3rds, and freeze 2 of them.

And yes, slice as thin as humanly possible. Even better if you have a meat slicer.

Then break out that Taleggio and go to town!! Some nice crusty bread...and some of those olives...OH MAN!!!

Feast fit for a KING!!!

posted on Jan, 16 2021 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

I'd probably cut that bad boy up into 3rds, and freeze 2 of them.

That's exactly what we did. That pic is from last March, there are cubes of Prosciutto in the deep fridge wrapped up extra extra good. She made chicken thighs recently with the prosciutto mixed with cream cheese and stuffed under the skin of the chicken thighs and convection cooked in the oven for guaranteed crispy skin... (mmmmmmmmmm mmmmmm mmmmmm).. omg.

Edit: Thank you everybody, now I will gross yinz out
Ciao

posted on Jan, 16 2021 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Got me thinking. Well, I've been thinking just haven't looked it up, and that's a frakking cheese shop. Last one I remember closed in the '80's. I don't know if I could even get taleggio. The local grocery stores kinda suck for cheese. Sprout's, maybe, and it's close but Whole Foods is not close so that's right out.

Took a quick gander and it seems this city sucks for cheese, for some reason. Huh, I'm gonna have to do a more exhaustive search later.

posted on Jan, 16 2021 @ 10:41 PM
link   
a reply to: TheSpanishArcher

Wonder if you can order it online?

I don't know where you're at, but I couldn't get this taleggio at the local grocery store. It is a specialty item, so I had to go to the Market District Store which is the same company but very very fancy.

They got cheeses coming out the wazzū, from various parts of the world.
www.marketdistrict.com...

They have everything, even a sushi bar. I go there maybe once a year because it's farther than i like to drive and high in traffic. I prefer the store that's 2 miles from me, yes I'm a simplton

A gosh dang warehouse of food, way to big for me. I prefer simple😊

posted on Jan, 16 2021 @ 10:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: DogWithABone

MAYO!!! Oh brother... we have very different ideas what cheese on toast is !!

Wow, you need to make a video so I can see what they must have thought Hiroshima was! In a pan? Over a stove?

Me ol' mum would be screaming from her grave.. lol

Always did cheese on toast with lancashire cheese.

posted on Jan, 16 2021 @ 11:20 PM
link   
a reply to: violet
a reply to: DogWithABone

Ok guy's, I'll try cheese on toast.

posted on Jan, 16 2021 @ 11:51 PM
link   

😲😲

posted on Jan, 17 2021 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Yeah, not sure of that. Ordering a drum kit online, ok. Food I'm a little wary of yet I've had some Harry and David stuff that was great. Thing is, I'm cooking for one so it's difficult. I buy some expensive cheese and I usually one use it once and the rest rots.

I use Duckduckgo as a search engine which may be lacking a bit but I refuse to use Google so my searches may be not as good but I can't seem to find a frakking cheese shop in Las Vegas. Two bloody million people live here and there's no cheese shops?

posted on Jan, 17 2021 @ 08:12 PM
link   
i am deeply offended. are you trying to poison those of us that are lactose intolerant with your delicious recipe? how dare you ? before i sue. i will. im crazy enough to do it. yum....i mean yuch. how dare you?
edit on 17-1-2021 by AnrkE because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2021 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Im a grilled cheese nut. And I do enjoy a plain old wheat bread and whatever sandwich slices we have in the fridge grilled cheese. But if im making real grilled cheese, I usually use a jalapeno cheese bread.

I like to smoke cheeses. For example, if you have plain old stove top fried burgers, you can make it feel more like a grilled burger with a good smoked cheddar on top. My favorite grilled cheese is a smoked cheddar and fontina. Sometimes Ill use mayo instead of butter to toast the bread, just depends on the mood that day.

Fontina to me is the secret to a great grilled cheese. The smoked cheddar just adds a bit of extra flavor. all the smokeyness of the bacon, but it is still creamy without lumps.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join