It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel Hits Iranian Assets Harder Than Ever Since New Year as Preparations For Escalation Are Taken

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2021 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Was just reading Israel has been hammering Damascus and Deir ezzor quite extravagently since new year even taking out a commander of an Iraqi PMU unit. Usa and Russian forces have both recently been reinforced and are building up in preperation for some impending escalation. Maybe its just standard procedure on battlefields during transfer of power. Who knows.

Israel & United States Unite Efforts In Large-Scale Strikes On Iranian Infrastructure In Syria

posted on Jan, 16 2021 @ 12:01 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Meanwhile Iran is testing ballistic missiles and high-tech military drones.

Story: www.reuters.com...

President-elect Biden hopes that by the U.S. rejoining the Iran nuclear deal, Iran will behave itself.

edit on 1/16/2021 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2021 @ 12:11 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust
Its about as open a war between us as it can get at this point. The only thing really missing is strikes on Iran proper, which have already happened if we are counting the assassinated nuke scientists.

I was not too impressed with their drone exercise. Gives me some hope for the landing forces, if it ever escalates to that level. Can thsir stuff deliver a payload over an unprotected area? Presumably. But there would be alot more systems in play on the offensive side.

I think digging a foothold into their islands or mainland can actualy be accomplished within a week. It would just be subject to signifigant harassment indefinetly unless whatever the goals are ever become realized. I say we take Qeshm and offer to stop there. Then we just destroy the source of anything which deploys munitions or raiding parties trying to reclaim the islands.

posted on Jan, 16 2021 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Biden promised Israel war with Iran! Trump probably would done the same thing just differently. He didn’t go full out war in Syria like Israel obviously wanted! They tried everything to push trump into escalating and it didn’t work. They hoaxed the media about chemical weapons! They used civilian airline planes as cover for their planes while attacking targets!

The fact that moves are already being made means a conflict is on the horizon once Biden steps in office. Expect the media to hype up “peace talks between Biden and Iran” however Biden will attack Iran on evidence provided by Israel that shows Iran is planning an attack on Israel!
I expect China to back off from helping Iran but Russia and Syria will help Iran.

Biden hasn’t even gotten into office yet! Lol boy are the pro Biden people going to be happy about this!
edit on 16-1-2021 by Veryolduser because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2021 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Didn't we launch a retaliatory strike against Iran proper about 2 years ago, and they shot down a Ukrainian passenger jet, thinking it was a U.S. missile?

posted on Jan, 16 2021 @ 12:39 AM
link   

No. Missiles were fired at an empty airfield after letting the Iranians know that it was about to happen to ensure that there were no casualties.

posted on Jan, 16 2021 @ 02:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: RMFX1

No. Missiles were fired at an empty airfield after letting the Iranians know that it was about to happen to ensure that there were no casualties.

Just for you :

Iranian Report Details Chain Of Mistakes In Shooting

Iran's government had previously explained that it was on high alert after it fired missile strikes on Iraqi bases hosting U.S. troops. That attack was a retaliation for a U.S. drone strike that killed the prominent Iranian military commander Maj. Gen. Qassem Soleimani and militia leader Abu Mahdi al-Muhandis in Baghdad on Jan. 3.

edit on 1/16/21 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

You were wrong.
edit on 1/16/21 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2021 @ 05:44 AM
link   

The deep state wants war. It moves money without raising eyebrows and they like that. It also keeps the people scared, which is another of their goals. Trump didn't do a good enough job greasing the gears of war, so Biden / Harris will make up for it in the coming year.

posted on Jan, 16 2021 @ 05:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

originally posted by: RMFX1

Just for you :

Iranian Report Details Chain Of Mistakes In Shooting

Iran's government had previously explained that it was on high alert after it fired missile strikes on Iraqi bases hosting U.S. troops. That attack was a retaliation for a U.S. drone strike that killed the prominent Iranian military commander Maj. Gen. Qassem Soleimani and militia leader Abu Mahdi al-Muhandis in Baghdad on Jan. 3.

You were wrong.

Oooh... SALTY!

We're talking about 2 completely different events. I was incidentally incorrect as I was talking about the 2017 Shayrat missile strike. For some reason I got Syria confused with Iran.

posted on Jan, 16 2021 @ 07:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
I think digging a foothold into their islands or mainland can actualy be accomplished within a week. It would just be subject to signifigant harassment indefinetly unless whatever the goals are ever become realized. I say we take Qeshm and offer to stop there. Then we just destroy the source of anything which deploys munitions or raiding parties trying to reclaim the islands.

Im not sure "digging a foothold" in Iran would happen without some serious repercussions.
Sure it could be done-but it would lead to all manner of crazyness and escalation.

Attacks on Isreal/US in Iraq with missiles/hizbollah,straight of hormuz mined/tankers bombed/straight closed for business.
Plus the head of the snake-the regime of ayotollahs,would survive to make more misery in the future.

I don't know the answer,but If I was in charge I wouldn't be in favor of trying to occupy an area inside Iran.

posted on Jan, 16 2021 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Trump has brought peace to The Middle East hasn't he ?

Or so we are kept being told.

posted on Jan, 16 2021 @ 11:40 AM
link   
hate to bring US polyticks into this but

maybe Israel is getting last shots in before Biden comes in and tells them to stop or he'll withhold funds.

lots of progressives don't support Israel much.

posted on Jan, 17 2021 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Iran is not who you have to worry about behaving itself. They've shown great restraint so far.

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 08:45 AM
link   
www.debka.com...

"A US official told The New York Times that Israel had informed Washington of an attack by its forces on the IRGC-flagged Saviz in the Red Sea on Tuesday, April 6"

www.haaretz.com...

Iranian press reporting the attack as well www.presstv.com...

Then this "Explained // The Floating Iranian Red Sea Base Israel Hit as Naval Battle Escalates" www.haaretz.com...
edit on 7-4-2021 by ufoorbhunter because: additional info

new topics

top topics

join