It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Covid-19: You have been warned – spread fake news, and you could go to jail

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2021 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
Fake news kills.

I have seen the very worst of Covid but a colleague I spoke to told me of a patient she had who died and it turned out the guy had a Facebook page full of Covid fake mows about 5g and it was all a Chinese conspiracy with a splattering if Bill gates stuff.

I have often wondered how many kids have suffered due to fake news about vaccines.

I do think in extreme cases legal consequences for the morons who spread this stuff is acceptable.

It’s the 21st century equivalent of shouting fire in a movie theatre that causes a stampede that’s kills a guy. Lying about the stampede is just like lying about Covid being some kind of 5g hoax because some Qanon idiot said so.

wow, so just believing in the fringe stuff will kill you huh?

I had better start believing what I'm told to believe.

posted on Jan, 15 2021 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: St0rD

And yet... It is legal for the government to spread propaganda.

Question... Propaganda can be lies right?

posted on Jan, 15 2021 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Can we rely on independent fact checkers to fact check the claims made by the alternative view to the narrative?

Or do we call the independent fact checkers, fully paid shills?

posted on Jan, 15 2021 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: St0rD
Democrats are undertaking a huge task-
Arresting everyone who disagrees with them.

They gonna need prisons the size of Canada.

More likely they're gonna need all those bodybags they stockpiled some years ago.

posted on Jan, 15 2021 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: GraffikPleasure

The definition is propaganda is about forwarding misleading harmful ideas in order to control the flow of informations.

The kind of propaganda that led several germans to stay silent in front of the torture of millions of Jews. To think people don't realize that the idea behind this insane idea of control never truly died and still lives today.

The meaning of history repeating itselfs will be proven right once again.

edit on 15-1-2021 by St0rD because: Typo

posted on Jan, 15 2021 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978
Can we rely on independent fact checkers to fact check the claims made by the alternative view to the narrative?

Or do we call the independent fact checkers, fully paid shills?

From my experience, facts checkers are bought and paid for. Probably all of them.

I realized a couple days ago that one of the reason this world was built on money was that when the time finally comes, everyone would have a price and be bought. No matter the convictions, how many people could truly resist a 1 million offer? It sucks but most people have a set price when they will submit to evil thus all benevolent ideas are being shutdown from the get go.

posted on Jan, 15 2021 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Fake news kills.
I have often wondered how many kids have suffered due to fake news about vaccines.

I do think in extreme cases legal consequences for the morons who spread this stuff is acceptable. ...

Possibly less than how many thousands have been vaccine-injured, wouldn't ya think ?

posted on Jan, 15 2021 @ 02:31 PM
link   

I think he's just saying the article is from 10 monthes ago. And i don't know of anyone that has gotten arrested for it.

posted on Jan, 15 2021 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

They have to arrest the Simpsons now ?

Was that about the beginning of our "stay home 2 weeks"?

posted on Jan, 15 2021 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12

I think he's just saying the article is from 10 monthes ago. And i don't know of anyone that has gotten arrested for it.

Yeah but that still doesn't mean anything.

The article was from 10 months ago so what do you think he was implying there?

posted on Jan, 15 2021 @ 02:35 PM
link   
So, we are only allowed to mention the accepted fake research interpretations that the heads of government and government agencies is pertinent. We cannot read the evidence ourselves, since suppressed evidence is not recognized as real by these people.

This is a virus, it does kill some people, especially if the people are on meds or have had procedures that mess up proper immune response. But for the vast majority it is not much worse than the flu. But I cannot mention that, so disregard my statements because there is no ACCEPTED evidence by the CDC or FDA to prove it is real. Unless these agencies say it is real, it is not real. Don't peddle information that goes against the beliefs being pushed by these agencies or by our government and Gretchen Whitmer. Whitmer has been helping us get more dependent on the government than any other governor has, she is excellent at finding professionals to back her paranoia propaganda too. We can go to the gym now, must be because she wants to exercise with others at the capitol, the capitol restaurants can deliver, since she is paranoid of someone kidnapping her, nobody is allowed to go eat in restaurants because she can't.

posted on Jan, 15 2021 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nothin

Fake news kills.

I do think in extreme cases legal consequences for the morons who spread this stuff is acceptable. ...

Possibly less than how many thousands have been vaccine-injured, wouldn't ya think ?

Speaking of fake news, just how many "thousands have been vaccine injured"?

posted on Jan, 15 2021 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Covid-19: You have been warned – spread fake news, and you could go to jail

The german government would be the first to go to jail!

posted on Jan, 15 2021 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
So, we are only allowed to mention the accepted fake research interpretations that the heads of government and government agencies is pertinent. We cannot read the evidence ourselves, since suppressed evidence is not recognized as real by these people.

This is a virus, it does kill some people, especially if the people are on meds or have had procedures that mess up proper immune response. But for the vast majority it is not much worse than the flu. But I cannot mention that, so disregard my statements because there is no ACCEPTED evidence by the CDC or FDA to prove it is real. Unless these agencies say it is real, it is not real. Don't peddle information that goes against the beliefs being pushed by these agencies or by our government and Gretchen Whitmer. Whitmer has been helping us get more dependent on the government than any other governor has, she is excellent at finding professionals to back her paranoia propaganda too. We can go to the gym now, must be because she wants to exercise with others at the capitol, the capitol restaurants can deliver, since she is paranoid of someone kidnapping her, nobody is allowed to go eat in restaurants because she can't.

It kills "some people"? Remind me, how many million people worldwide?

All on meds or whatever?

Wave those hands. Be a Covid denier. Gain stars.

You saddoes.

posted on Jan, 15 2021 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

It doesn't have to be that one is flat out lying in all cases either. Sometimes, it's more nuanced than that. Not everything is Hegelian.

posted on Jan, 15 2021 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

Out of billions.

Put the numbers in perspective, and they are not massive. It doesn't erase the immediate tragedy if you've lost someone close to you, but there are a lot of cases where one person's immediate tragedy isn't a sound reason to make policy for the entire society.

2 million deaths in the world compared to 7,874,965,825 people for a 0.02539% death rate.

edit on 15-1-2021 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2021 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

2 million plus not massive enough for you?

Deny away.

posted on Jan, 15 2021 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Have people become so reliant on government telling them what to do, how to live, that they've forgotten how to determine for themselves?

posted on Jan, 15 2021 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2
a reply to: ketsuko

2 million plus not massive enough for you?

Deny away.

Compared to the total world population?

That's less than 1 person out of every hundred dying. The numbers I posted are roughly 2 people out of every 10,000 dying.
edit on 15-1-2021 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2021 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Have people become so reliant on government telling them what to do, how to live, that they've forgotten how to determine for themselves?

Even worse, they've gotten so uncomfortable with the notion that they can't let others self-determine either.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join