It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mods and ATS Leadership: A question for you

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2021 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Most of you have been around longer than most of us, obviously. You have a deeper ATS perspective. Perhaps a deeper connection to the conspiracy world.

My question to you, is: what’s your take on the current situation(s)? Local, national, political, global, etc. We live in some super strange times and the future is looking bleak. We just ran through one of the toughest years in our recent history. Epstein, Clinton, Trump, certain UFO disclosures from several governments. Cancel culture, BLM/ANTIFA/Proud Boys. And of course...COVID.

Information is no longer information, it is all biased propaganda. Conspiracies went from whacked out nut jobs to “hey they were right all along” to “Jesus Christ they’re all Trump supporting white supremacists”! (Obviously those are extreme and unfair generalizations, but I’m sure you get the gist).

Speaking only for myself and not assuming to represent any other person....what is your personal take on all “this” going on as it relates to what the conspiracy works was, is, and can be?
edit on 13-1-2021 by Assassin82 because: Add-on

posted on Jan, 13 2021 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Oops sorry. I just realized this question was just for ATS mods and leadership
edit on 13 1 2021 by tamusan because: (no reason given)

edit on 13 1 2021 by tamusan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2021 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: tamusan

Oops sorry. I just realized this question was just for ATS mods and leadership

I mean, anyone can contribute. I just kinda wanted to head their thoughts and opinions on it.

posted on Jan, 13 2021 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Disclaimer : I am not a Moderator here.
Yet , Mods do contribute to threads all the time.

posted on Jan, 13 2021 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Assassin82

I'm just a dreamer, but I'd like to see us set aside our differences and look at our many common problems.

posted on Jan, 13 2021 @ 06:39 PM
link   
What we are seeing is the start of the biggest and most complex Hegelian Dialectic in History 😎👁️☠️👁️😎

posted on Jan, 13 2021 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
What we are seeing is the start of the biggest and most complex Hegelian Dialectic in History 😎👁️☠️👁️😎

Sometimes you really surprise me with your perceptiveness.

posted on Jan, 13 2021 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to: Assassin82

I am not a moderator, but have been an active member of ATS since the early 2000s and I can tell you there has been a massive change in the culture and environment. Originally, no matter how crazy an idea might be considered somewhere other than ATS, the ATS community gave it a fair shake and seemed to only critique the critical thinking, supporting data/references, and compliance with forum etiquette. Today, all too often, it seems no better than the comment section of every online news site.

edit on 13-1-2021 by AY6111306 because: moving "reply to: back to the top

posted on Jan, 13 2021 @ 07:47 PM
link   

No Mods will or should comment on here, simple reason, they will be accused of moderating in favour of either side in future if they do.

Not an easy job at all, especially these days.

edit on 13-1-2021 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2021 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: XXXN3O

No Mods will or should comment on here, simple reason, they will be accused of moderating in favour of either side in future if they do.

Not an easy job at all, especially these days.

Believe it or not, we get accused of that all the time, FROM BOTH SIDES. (Yes, I was even called a liberal butt kisser by a couple of members in the past year).

That said, I've never seen anything like this outside of Orwell, Heinlein, or Huxley and 2020's manufactured plague brought a healthy dose of Stephen King onto it.

posted on Jan, 16 2021 @ 12:35 AM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Been on this site watching for some-time before I joined (was 20 odd when I joined thinking the world owed me something) and have been a member for a while now growing as a person too. Have had my share of conspiracy overdose as anyone will have at times, make a fool of yourself or come across arrogant and get a telling off for it (so to speak - going full batman at times) many a time but you can't blame anyone for saying otherwise when they do not understand what you think you understand or vice versa and learn from the interactions.
Worse if you make it worse posting mistakes at times like any human being can do. To me, that is the problem, folks forget the humanity behind this site!

Also that is a hard thing to manage when confronted or slandered for a viewpoint. I know of it personally in my life either way offline or online. But that is what makes this site unique in my eyes. Always will as long as it lasts, moderation, in moderation by people trying to remain unbiased as best as they can as people.... if that makes sense, and that is dying a death these days.

All the best and long may it continue

Regardless... if the site does go down... take a bow... all of you

So.. hold your chin up high...

PS: yes, I am dramatic but by fricken God id give my left testicle to get back on the stage now to blow the feckers away in laughter, so sick of this!!! This site keeps me a bit sane in an insane world
edit on 16-1-2021 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join