It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US digital hegemony’ behind Trump’s ban

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2021 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Even the Chinese are criticizing Big Tech, as they did in the Chinese state owned Global Tmes...

Chinese experts said on the one hand, it is understandable that US social media giants must ban these accounts otherwise they might see more violence and conflicts across their country due to extremism and conspiracy theories that could spread hatred and create divergences; but on the other hand, the actions were not based on the law but the rules made by the companies, which show these firms with monopolistic advantages among the West are being increasingly powerful and unchallengeable to some extent.

www.globaltimes.cn...

While it may sound like good news to myself and others who have criticized Big Tech's actions, We must be careful. China always has an ulterior motive when engaging with the West. I wonder what that motive is right now?

posted on Jan, 13 2021 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Arizona2

They fear anything they can't control.

posted on Jan, 13 2021 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Beware feigned outrage and controlled opposition ☠️

posted on Jan, 13 2021 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: loam
I'm thinking more along the lines that this is a calculated financial move. Stocks for WeChat, Tik Tok, and especially Tencent are surging, while Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook are seeing drops. What better way to get foreign investors to jump aboard than by helping to further destabilize their stock value?

edit on 13-1-2021 by Arizona2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2021 @ 03:37 PM
link   
The Ayatollah has a twitter account

Fascists and tyrants and bigots support fascists and tyrants and bigots

posted on Jan, 13 2021 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Breakthestreak

"Yeah but they are far far away so it's okay how they treat women and children, other religions and opinions.", they said, while turning around and pointing a finger to Iran.

It's when 3rd wave 'feminists' endorse Islam, then you know how twisted and full of internal conflicts those have to be.

top topics

join