It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

France, Germany, Mexico, Australia Join International Outcry over Censorship of Donald Trump

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2021 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea
a reply to: djz3ro

...BawJaws...

Hmmm... that's a new one for me!

Boris Johnson?

Aye, that's the fella.

posted on Jan, 14 2021 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: ThatDamnDuckAgain

Again, very well said -- thank you!

You describe what I think of as the "Box 'em Up" syndrome; society wants to put everyone in a box and smack a label on it. And then judge them for it. Or worse, punish them for it! I don't get it. I don't get why so many people want to do it to themselves even less. I've seen so many posts on social media from young people struggling to "identify" themselves, and they don't understand that the problem isn't them, it's trying to pick one label from so many that apply.

We are all sooooooo many things! A glorious unique combination of qualities and characteristics. And as we live and have new experiences, go through new life stages, meet new milestones, we grow (hopefully!) Sometimes we change our minds about things, sometimes we confirm certain things, other times we expand on some things. It's a process.... a journey. We are not the same person today that we were ten years ago... even one year ago... and we won't be the same person in ten years that we are today.

And that's as true of our politics as anything else in life.

It's all good. Good people can disagree. And learn from each other when we give it a chance. I know I have learned much from others -- including here on ATS -- and I appreciate it all.

posted on Jan, 14 2021 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea
Yes we all have different character traits and the beauty of it is, they interconnect with different situations. It's why we say that "difference attracts". Maybe that is as hardwired into us like many men liking curves and many women like masculine bodies.

We can only grow when we challenge ourselves -or are challenged- to try new things, try new points of view. Critically questioning ourselves. Cause and effect. I may explain the obvious with too many words.

Whenever someone does me wrong / I see wrongdoing, instead of judging, I ask myself: Why is this person acting like that? Maybe just had a bad day? Or worries. It's never an excuse for wrong doing but an explanation.

Good and bad, wrong or right also depends on the point of view. For the Earth, it would be better without humans. If Aliens would drive by and eradicate us from the surface to leave the planet to heal, from that viewpoint, it's not a bad act. Violent, bloody but for the Earth, it's not. The real culprit question would be, what would give them or anything the right to decide?

posted on Jan, 14 2021 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
Nobody needs Twitter, its dumpster sauce just like Twitch.

Free yourself from yourself.
As soon as Parler finds a host I'm signing up. I've never been a member of Twitter and dropped Facebook a few years ago. We desperately need competition against the latter two trusts and Google Search (I use DuckDuckGo exclusively now).

posted on Jan, 14 2021 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm
I think it's funny that President Trump didn't just pay his more tech savvy voters to build a website on a private server
Trump's net worth is abut half what it was when he announced his candidacy in 2016. I dont know how much it would cost him to build such a website, but he's already sacrificed more of his wealth by being president than any other president in history. IIRC, he's lost something like $2 billion according to Forbes.

posted on Jan, 15 2021 @ 07:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Scapegrace

originally posted by: TzarChasm
I think it's funny that President Trump didn't just pay his more tech savvy voters to build a website on a private server
Trump's net worth is abut half what it was when he announced his candidacy in 2016. I dont know how much it would cost him to build such a website, but he's already sacrificed more of his wealth by being president than any other president in history. IIRC, he's lost something like $2 billion according to Forbes.

His net worth might well have been negative in 2016 and has probably got a lot more negative recently..,..

posted on Jan, 15 2021 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: DerBeobachter

*shrugs* we all know she didnt care about Trump, she just doesnt think a mere company should censor the government in any form... censoring is the government's job.

posted on Jan, 15 2021 @ 06:48 PM
link   
This topic is just stupid and not representative of the common mind on Trump in the rest of the World: he's a fool. Yes, there are those who admire him. 30% max in Europe. US is so #ed by its two-party set up.

posted on Jan, 15 2021 @ 06:56 PM
link   

France, Germany, Mexico, Australia Join International Outcry over Censorship of Donald Trump

So, basically, you all go from "MAGA, America First, We don't need the rest of the world," to "Thank you rest of the world for speaking up in defense of how our great president was wronged" as a noble cause by being banned for incitement of violence?

We don't need the rest of the world...until we do because we got our feelz hurt.

posted on Jan, 15 2021 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spinoza73
This topic is just stupid and not representative of the common mind on Trump in the rest of the World: he's a fool. Yes, there are those who admire him. 30% max in Europe. US is so #ed by its two-party set up.

The topic is not about Trump. At all.

The topic is about foreign leaders objecting to the censorship of a nation's leader by the individuals running Big Tech. If it were Biden or Obama, I'm sure the reaction of foreign leaders would be the same. They are able to take Trump out of the equation and understand the implications of such actions for themselves, and all nations' leaders.

posted on Jan, 15 2021 @ 07:10 PM
link   

The topic is not about Trump. At all.

The thread title literally says Trump, and the OP refers to Trump multiple times. For real.

posted on Jan, 15 2021 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: SirHardHarry

So, basically, you all...

No. Please don't lump me in your box(es) and slap a label on me. It will not apply. I do not fit in boxes.

..go from "MAGA, America First, We don't need the rest of the world," to "Thank you rest of the world for speaking up in defense of how our great president was wronged" as a noble cause by being banned for incitement of violence?

We don't need the rest of the world...until we do because we got our feelz hurt.

So so much wrong with this statement. Starting with your very narrow perspective of so many individuals.

But on topic, it is not about anyone speaking up in "defense of how our great president was wronged," but rather it's about the many foreign leaders who see the potential dangers for ALL nations' leaders when Big Tech can censor them. They understand that it's not about Trump, it's about the principles involved, and the many many negative consequences of such a reality.

Likewise, many of us little people can use our reason and good judgment to remove Trump from the equation, look at the facts and principles involved, see the potential negative consequences, and see the negative consequences it poses for ourselves.

posted on Jan, 15 2021 @ 07:18 PM
link   

The thread title literally says Trump, and the OP refers to Trump multiple times. For real.

The thread title also literally says CENSORSHIP of Trump, and the OP refers to the CENSORSHIP of Trump many times.

It is the CENSORSHIP of Trump that they are objecting to. If you replaced Trump with any other world leader, we could expect the exact same objections from the exact same people. If we replaced CENSORSHIP with any other word, we could not expect the same objections, much less from the same people.

For real.
edit on 15-1-2021 by Boadicea because: clarity

posted on Jan, 15 2021 @ 07:21 PM
link   

So so much wrong with this statement. Starting with your very narrow perspective of so many individuals.

What is wrong with it, except for the fact it's accurate? "Screw the world" until they come to your defense or you need them.

but rather it's about the many foreign leaders who see the potential dangers for ALL nations' leaders when Big Tech can censor them. it's about the principles involved

Don't violate TOS, just like ATS, don't get banned. Simple.

Don't incite violence, don't get banned. Simple.

Being POTUS or head of state doesn't absolve one from the consequences of one's words on a private platform. Simple.

posted on Jan, 15 2021 @ 07:34 PM
link   

The thread title also literally says CENSORSHIP of Trump, and the OP refers to the CENSORSHIP of Trump many times.

It is the CENSORSHIP of Trump that they are objecting to. If you replaced Trump with any other world leader, we could expect the exact same objections from the exact same people. If we replaced CENSORSHIP with any other word, we could not expect the same objections, much less from the same people.

For real.

The bolding really makes it true. For real.

As I said, don't violate TOS, don't get banned. Simple.

Being a head of state doesn't absolve one of consequence for violation of terms.

For real.

And very simple.

But I'm sure you know that.
edit on 15-1-2021 by SirHardHarry because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2021 @ 07:55 PM
link   

What is wrong with it, except for the fact it's accurate? "Screw the world" until they come to your defense or you need them.

Because it's not accurate. That's not me. Never thought that, never said that, never believed that, never wanted that. You cannot speak for me or anyone except yourself. You do not know better than me what is in my heart and mind. So that's what's wrong with that.

Don't violate TOS, just like ATS, don't get banned. Simple.

Don't incite violence, don't get banned. Simple.

Being POTUS or head of state doesn't absolve one from the consequences of one's words on a private platform. Simple.

The first -- of many -- problems with your position is that you presume Big Tech will restrict themselves to those standards, or stick to those standards, or not otherwise abuse such power. If they are banning and censoring someone, especially in coordination with other major media, then we literally cannot know what exactly they are censoring.

Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. There is no doubt that sooner or later, one way or another, such power will be abused.

Further, these fictional legal entities known as "corporations" are existing on the privileges, benefits and protection of government entitlements, corporate welfare, sweetheart legislation, and crony capitalism. The taxpayer and citizen does in fact have a stake in these corporations, and therefore how it conducts business.

posted on Jan, 16 2021 @ 05:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

originally posted by: jimmyx

originally posted by: seeker1963

Pretty sure a good portion of these leaders were all for what happened to Trump.

Yes, more than a couple have been more than a little critical of Trump.

And it should be noted that that's fair enough. Everyone is allowed their own opinions, including their opinions of Trump and/or his policies.

It was when they realized they could be easily targeted by a Multinational Corporation that they suddenly became suspicious.

It does seem to work out that way a little too often. But it is what it is.

I suspect foreign leaders became at least a little concerned when the Biden laptop stories were suppressed. If I were a foreign leader, and especially a would-be foreign leader, I would be pretty concerned to know that Big Tech could and would suppress incriminating information about my opponent. But really anyone and everyone needs to be concerned about suppressing information.

trump doesn't do politics....he wants you to do what he says, period, even if it's against the law.

Use your head for something besides a hat rack, Trump is far and away more law abiding than your commie Leftist leaders.
FFS

Yeah...may I ask in America are you allowed to own your own house and property? Of course. Do you even know what communism is? How about you use your head, you would see you are butthurt and can't accept the fact that trump lost.

Lash out all you want, it won't change a thing.

posted on Jan, 18 2021 @ 04:12 PM
link   

[...]

These are dark times but they will not last forever. These are desperate tactics by desperate people which are doomed to fail. And it's already backfiring. Their tyranny will not stand. Good people will keep fighting the good fight and we will have many bright days ahead of us.

We see them. The whole world sees them. We can do this.

These are strong words.

It is the Truth.

Our Father smiles.

^_^

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join