It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

France, Germany, Mexico, Australia Join International Outcry over Censorship of Donald Trump

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2021 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: highvein
a reply to: Boadicea

F those leaders speaking out about it now.

No, thanks.

Now is too late.

If it ain't fixed yet, it ain't too late.

People do what they know, and believe what they think they know... when they know better, they do better. I have much respect for people who can change their opinions and positions when the facts change, and put aside personal or political differences to stand on principle. To do so takes integrity, strength and courage.

We need more of that. In fact, unless you want things to get worse, you'd better damn well hope that lots of good people do the same thing -- change their opinions and positions based on new facts.

posted on Jan, 13 2021 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Nobody needs Twitter, its dumpster sauce just like Twitch.

Free yourself from yourself.

posted on Jan, 13 2021 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: loam

History says fat-chance.

It's going to get a whole lot worse, before it gets better, unfortunately.

Well, yes, unfortunately. We didn't get here overnight, and we won't claw our way out overnight. This has been a long time in the making.

I hope we don't have to hit absolute rock bottom, but I do think it will get worse before it gets better.

posted on Jan, 13 2021 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
Every head of state or government will be disgusted by the fact a corporation has the power to simply silence a serving head of state, even if they don’t say it. All of them, from North Korea to Iceland. With the possible exception of Trudeau.

It is an outrageous state of affairs, and if nothing else shows the US is not sovereign and merely a vassal state to a corporate oligarchy.

yeah right...he might have to break his silence by going a few feet to the press room, with reporters and cameras and talk there...you know just like other presidents have done....you really need to start making sense, you sound as if you're a cultist.

posted on Jan, 13 2021 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

Both cults provide hella entertainment.

posted on Jan, 13 2021 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

originally posted by: RazorV66

originally posted by: Boadicea

originally posted by: seeker1963

Pretty sure a good portion of these leaders were all for what happened to Trump.

Yes, more than a couple have been more than a little critical of Trump.

And it should be noted that that's fair enough. Everyone is allowed their own opinions, including their opinions of Trump and/or his policies.

It was when they realized they could be easily targeted by a Multinational Corporation that they suddenly became suspicious.

It does seem to work out that way a little too often. But it is what it is.

I suspect foreign leaders became at least a little concerned when the Biden laptop stories were suppressed. If I were a foreign leader, and especially a would-be foreign leader, I would be pretty concerned to know that Big Tech could and would suppress incriminating information about my opponent. But really anyone and everyone needs to be concerned about suppressing information.

trump doesn't do politics....he wants you to do what he says, period, even if it's against the law.

Use your head for something besides a hat rack, Trump is far and away more law abiding than your commie Leftist leaders.
FFS

in dec, 2016 he paid a 25 million dollar fine because he lost a lawsuit where he cheated students out of their money. it was called fraud....maybe he could come by and cheat you out of your money?

I must have missed that somehow. Oh, I know, it was Trump that tweeted it and the Twitter keepers deleted it thinking it was propaganda.

posted on Jan, 13 2021 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Every head of state or government will be disgusted by the fact a corporation has the power to simply silence a serving head of state, even if they don’t say it. All of them, from North Korea to Iceland. With the possible exception of Trudeau.

It is an outrageous state of affairs, and if nothing else shows the US is not sovereign and merely a vassal state to a corporate oligarchy.

yeah right...he might have to break his silence by going a few feet to the press room, with reporters and cameras and talk there...you know just like other presidents have done....you really need to start making sense, you sound as if you're a cultist.

And if the tv stations decide not to broadcast it then what?

posted on Jan, 13 2021 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: new_here

Your post caused me to think of something I hadn't before. Leaders in other countries, rightfully concerned about how things went down, and with (as you say) possible inside info on the details of it, could well be the ones to lift the veil of it all. They could be the ones to bring it all to light. What would they stand to lose?

I've had this thought too. Or maybe it's just a wish or a hope. But it's possible.

Understandably, we tend to look at things though American eyes, and especially our own election woes. We forget, or just don't appreciate, that we don't live in a vacuum and that our politics and economics affect virtually every other nation to one extent or another, for better and worse.

In many many ways, these are really global issues.

We can forget them easily enough I guess, but they cannot easily forget us. They will be affected. And they may very well be the ones to call foul for their own protection. I wouldn't blame them.

In fact, I would be most grateful.

posted on Jan, 13 2021 @ 11:08 AM
link   

So you want the President to rely on an outdated method of communication?

Corporations should not have the power to silence a head of state. I wonder which head of state will be next?

Seems like soon it’ll be the whole world vs the corporate american left. Ironic really since they’re the globalists.

posted on Jan, 13 2021 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

Until it happens to you, you're all for it.

Some people are apparently beginning to wake to the fact that it can, in fact, happen to them...if they stray outside the "accepted new norm".

Ah, it's a Brave New World, and Big Brother is watching. Do enjoy it!!
edit on 1/13/2021 by seagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2021 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Who says there isn't a One World Government in place?

posted on Jan, 13 2021 @ 11:14 AM
link   

You ought to check your source, it lies. If you look at the actual words many are talking about 'free speech', rather than specific to Trump, and it's based on their opinion of who should be allowed to say what they want. You think the current Polish government is keen on giving its own people such a right?

They are also concerned that (or allegedly concerned given the source for the UK) that they are more concerned that they may be next.

Actually, those media platforms are just like ATS. Go and look in the ATS T's and C's and see what you can be banned for..... it's actually a wonder there are still people left on here given the current atmosphere. And the point is, they have absolutely the right to do that. It's their platform, governments shouldn't be the ones to tell them who they must allow to remain a user even if their T's and C's have been violated.

posted on Jan, 13 2021 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: uncommitted

Poland recently introduced a law that fines corporations for censoring the speech of it’s citizens.

They seem quite comitted to safeguarding free speech. Far more than most others.

posted on Jan, 13 2021 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I think it's funny that President Trump didn't just pay his more tech savvy voters to build a website on a private server
edit on 13-1-2021 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2021 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: LogicalGraphitti

originally posted by: RazorV66

originally posted by: seeker1963

Pretty sure a good portion of these leaders were all for what happened to Trump.

Yes, more than a couple have been more than a little critical of Trump.

And it should be noted that that's fair enough. Everyone is allowed their own opinions, including their opinions of Trump and/or his policies.

It was when they realized they could be easily targeted by a Multinational Corporation that they suddenly became suspicious.

It does seem to work out that way a little too often. But it is what it is.

I suspect foreign leaders became at least a little concerned when the Biden laptop stories were suppressed. If I were a foreign leader, and especially a would-be foreign leader, I would be pretty concerned to know that Big Tech could and would suppress incriminating information about my opponent. But really anyone and everyone needs to be concerned about suppressing information.

trump doesn't do politics....he wants you to do what he says, period, even if it's against the law.

Use your head for something besides a hat rack, Trump is far and away more law abiding than your commie Leftist leaders.
FFS

in dec, 2016 he paid a 25 million dollar fine because he lost a lawsuit where he cheated students out of their money. it was called fraud....maybe he could come by and cheat you out of your money?

I must have missed that somehow. Oh, I know, it was Trump that tweeted it and the Twitter keepers deleted it thinking it was propaganda.

It isn't propaganda, it's well known if you look. The Trump brand created a university, charged students to use it, it was deemed below a level where it could be deemed of university standard, Trump was sued and the students got their money back.

www.nbcnews.com...

there, took me two minutes to find one of the many links to something that's an actual fact.

posted on Jan, 13 2021 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Lies, huh? Okay. I linked the source. People can check it out for themselves.

As for the rest of your comment, okay. So we've been told ad nauseum infinitum. And people are rightfully and reasonably expressing their outrage and contempt. Which is actually the subject of the OP. I did not address the legalities, especially in terms of the laws in every nation.

The topic is what it is: Foreign leaders' reactions. Very critical reactions.

posted on Jan, 13 2021 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Poland recently introduced a law that fines corporations for censoring the speech of it’s citizens.

They seem quite comitted to safeguarding free speech. Far more than most others.

No they are not, hence their clashes with protesters against their extremely harsh abortion laws - they didn't want the public to be able to talk about that, how do you balance that out?
edit on 13-1-2021 by uncommitted because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2021 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Lies, huh? Okay. I linked the source. People can check it out for themselves.

As for the rest of your comment, okay. So we've been told ad nauseum infinitum. And people are rightfully and reasonably expressing their outrage and contempt. Which is actually the subject of the OP. I did not address the legalities, especially in terms of the laws in every nation.

The topic is what it is: Foreign leaders' reactions. Very critical reactions.

Yes, the source is Breitbart. Not sure much more needs to be said.

posted on Jan, 13 2021 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: uncommitted

No they are not, hence their clashes with protesters against their extremely harsh abortion laws - they didn't want the public to be able to talk about that, how do you balance that out?

What does violent activists attacking polish police have to do with poland’s stand against corporate censorship?

posted on Jan, 13 2021 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: uncommitted

What does violent activists attacking polish police have to do with poland’s stand against corporate censorship?

Because they weren't violent for a start, and more to the point - which is the real point - is the hypocrisy of saying that the countries defends the right to it's people of free speech (your words) when it actually oppresses it.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join