It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America is burning and you are at fault.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2021 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa
Providers like AWS are the big trucks on that road that carry the cargo.

Big trucks on a highway are not infrastructure.

Just because a big truck company doesn't want to haul your cargo doesn't mean you can't get someone else to do it or even buy a big truck of your own and do it yourself. Those other big trucks being on the road are not hindering you from using the highway.

posted on Jan, 20 2021 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

Providers like AWS are the big trucks on that road that carry the cargo.

Big trucks on a highway are not infrastructure.

Just because a big truck company doesn't want to haul your cargo doesn't mean you can't get someone else to do it or even buy a big truck of your own and do it yourself. Those other big trucks being on the road are not hindering you from using the highway.

Unless of course "Big Trucking Inc" owns all the trucks and can blackball any driver that signs with your new trucking company. Effectively shutting you down before you start.

ETA: Oh, and they can also convince the company making the trucks that they wont buy anymore trucks from them if they sell to you.

See it now????

edit on 1/20/2021 by Krakatoa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2021 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa
But, they don't.

posted on Jan, 20 2021 @ 06:16 PM
link   

But, they don't.

Read my post again.

Then again....until you see the power of massive companies with no effective competition,. that also actively prevent any competition.

posted on Jan, 20 2021 @ 06:24 PM
link   
It was already pointed out earlier in the thread that parler will be hosted on another web hosting service so, while you are right that massive companies with no effective competition are bad, that isn't the case here.

When it becomes the case then your analogy will kinda fit, but not exactly because big trucks on the road don't hinder access to other vehicles.

posted on Jan, 20 2021 @ 06:33 PM
link   

It was already pointed out earlier in the thread that parler will be hosted on another web hosting service so, while you are right that massive companies with no effective competition are bad, that isn't the case here.

When it becomes the case then your analogy will kinda fit, but not exactly because big trucks on the road don't hinder access to other vehicles.

Not directly. But, indirectly by threatening support businesses and other drivers not to support the new company. See, that is the difference here....and well known predatory business practices that were honed to perfection by the railroad and oil barons of the 19th and early 20th centuries.

History is a great revealer of these things if it is not destroyed or taught.

But, you keep moving those goalposts, however, lift with your legs, please.

posted on Jan, 20 2021 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: alphabetaone

Please, I helped BUILD THE INTERNET 40+ years ago. I know intimately how it works.

I think not. Feel free though to continue on with your fantasy.

I see, nice retort. Got anything of substances that makes what I said about the backbone false? Or is your only shot to discredit the poster and not the post?

PS: Don't strain yourself trying.

I already did, why continue on? You're living in a delusional fantasy that YOU helped build the internet while not showing a modicum of proficiency in how the various layers work. You dont need MY help in making you look uninformed.

posted on Jan, 20 2021 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I don't need to move any goalposts. I merely pointed out that big trucks don't control access to infrastructure as you claimed, incorrectly.

Also, the fact is that while the businesses in this case are flexing, there are still alternatives, so your analogy is flawed even at that level.

edit on 20-1-2021 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2021 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Please, I helped BUILD THE INTERNET 40+ years ago. I know intimately how it works.

I think not. Feel free though to continue on with your fantasy.

I see, nice retort. Got anything of substances that makes what I said about the backbone false? Or is your only shot to discredit the poster and not the post?

PS: Don't strain yourself trying.

I already did, why continue on? You're living in a delusional fantasy that YOU helped build the internet while not showing a modicum of proficiency in how the various layers work. You dont need MY help in making you look uninformed.

Like the 7-layer ISO/OSI model?

Or how DDCMP was probably the best messaging packet protocol but suffered from performance overhead that made it a also-ran?

Yeah, keep attacking the poster dude. You are awesome.

ETA: Oh, and all people should take no drugs, please.

posted on Jan, 20 2021 @ 06:53 PM
link   

You know what i love the most while simultaneously proving my point? The fact that i can now and from this point until forever, forget that we ever had this conversation. I can close my browser (which i will do), I can go to another web site (which i will likely do), I can even play a game (which is highly unlikely), and the infrastructure that will bring me to those areas will not only remain intact but will also DISCLUDE you from them, meaning ATS, or AWS, or Parler, or Twitter, or 4chan, or reddit cannot possibly be infrastructure nor is it public space.

My advice to YOU is, to take stock in your profile and leap from that ledge the leaves you on the precipice of understanding and right into understanding.

P.S. you have a seriously warped view of "attack"

posted on Jan, 20 2021 @ 07:05 PM
link   

You know what i love the most while simultaneously proving my point? The fact that i can now and from this point until forever, forget that we ever had this conversation. I can close my browser (which i will do), I can go to another web site (which i will likely do), I can even play a game (which is highly unlikely), and the infrastructure that will bring me to those areas will not only remain intact but will also DISCLUDE you from them, meaning ATS, or AWS, or Parler, or Twitter, or 4chan, or reddit cannot possibly be infrastructure nor is it public space.

My advice to YOU is, to take stock in your profile and leap from that ledge the leaves you on the precipice of understanding and right into understanding.

P.S. you have a seriously warped view of "attack"

Ahhh...there's the unity I've come to expect from the clueless.

Take your ball and go home, the street lights will be coming on soon.

PS: You just proved the point of the OP, well done. Here is your participation trophy.

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join