It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I don't vote.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I'm not going to be making any comments for or against Trump or Biden. Election fraud, or not (at least enough). I don't care to say anything about Dems or Repubs. I'm not making any comments on what happened at the Capitol Building, nor will I comment on the so called, "Summer of Love". Nothing to say on Russia, or China. No... What I will say is "they" have successfully divided us, and may be close to conquering us. Whatever "side" you're on. Then you got people like me... Who were always disenfranchised. I've never voted in my entire life (well with one exception but that was a State issue and being from Oregon, you can take a guess where my disenfranchised priorities were). Why don't I vote? Why am I disenfranchised? In part, at least, I think I over saturated my head with conspiracy theories growing up, leaving me unable to trust either side or any politician fully. Also in part, because I will be straight up and say that I'm low information. I simply don't have the time, or trust, and in some cases full on understanding of it all, to dig through it all. Way too much muddying of waters these days, and again, who the hell do I trust? Your guy? Their guy? I've said it before and will say it again, I'm a 21st Century Peasant. So where is all the hate and vitriol for the people like me? All I see right now is left attacking right, right attacking left. People in a panic. I hate the extremes of both the left and right, or anyone. Wait- no. Here is what I hate most of all. The very fact there are parties to begin with. Yeah, no. First and last red flag I needed to hate it and not give a #, and watch the world burn while I burn the only thing I ever voted for. Seriously though I don't want the world to burn.

A lot of smart minds here on ATS still. On whatever side or in between or not at all you identify as. But you know what unites many of you together?

Each and every post I read from the majority of posters, again on one side or another, is a jab at the other.

That right there is proof you've all lost.

I didn't lose because like I said, already disenfranchised giving zero snips.

It's a very funny thing. People on a conspiracy forum talking about the inner machinations of the Deep State, implications of things like MKUltra, etc. etc. (basically the lengths TPTB will go to manipulate), suddenly turning tune and playing right into mastermind hands.

So... should I start caring and - or - yeah nevermind. Putting this in rant, though you'll turn it into the mud pit most likely.

In conclusion!

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Most of the time, a posters opening post is a jab because beyond that, there isn't much interaction at a poster w. poster level.

I'm guilty of doing it. But if some try to actually discuss with me, politics or otherwise, I tend to open up and willingly engage in conversation.

But I think jabs is about what everything has devolved to. Not just here, but majority of any social interaction.

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Nivhk

Yeah, and it doesn't always have to do with politics either.

Also will add that I have been guilty of it as well.

So I'm not trying to preach like I'm better, lol.

I think it's easy to lose sight of things and what once may have just been friendly jabs between friends, can get taken too much to heart.

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Voting does seem to suck these days. Not too many honorable people running for office these days. Seems like the world has turned a blind eye on the good man/woman in politics.

Voting is a popularity contest I feel.

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer
No worries, I wasn't trying to drag ya down or anything.

And those jabs are what had put me off from actually posting for years.

Forum settings are a bit tricky in this age of instant social media. It's a bit of an anxiety rush waiting for a response to a post you made, then having someone come out from the rafters with a jab while you were trying to engage with someone.

But I feel your frustration, people may see posts of mine and roll their eyes, but I am pretty easy to talk to if you're willing to engage also.

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

I don't like feeling like "part of the problem" so to speak, by not casting a vote period. But yeah... It's something that as I've gotten older (In my early 30s) I've wanted to care more about. But then, the world just gets crazier and crazier.

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 02:52 PM
link   

You're good friend, didn't drag me down! Appreciate you sharing your thoughts, truly!

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Anytime, I may mostly be active or quips in political posts or mud pit, but I'd truly enjoy engaging in any type of conversation.

I mean, I found this website from trying to find others with vivid dreams and etc.

Hang in there and have a good one.

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 03:00 PM
link   

For sure! And just to clarify, I don't necessarily hate jabs. I've been a cheeky troll plenty of times. More specifically I was just lamenting that many of the discussions going on right now are so polarized, there is more often then not that "but you would know that if you'd done your research, but then again (insert political party here) doesn't care about facts" type comments. Lol..

ETA: I found ATS through C2C AM but didn't join until years later when I got interested in religious debates (they make the political ones look like childs play)
edit on 1-12-2021 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2021 @ 08:50 AM
link   

It's a very funny thing. People on a conspiracy forum talking about the inner machinations of the Deep State, implications of things like MKUltra, etc. etc. (basically the lengths TPTB will go to manipulate), suddenly turning tune and playing right into mastermind hands.

posted on Sep, 28 2021 @ 07:51 AM
link   

A bit of a 'wall of text'. Paragraphcs would be advisable.

In any case, I just came to say this funny line I once saw graffitied on a wall: "If you could affect (anything) by voting, voting would be illegal."

(It loses a bit of impact in english, but that's the way it goes..)

posted on Oct, 12 2021 @ 01:56 PM
link   

If anyone preaches for any politician whether from the left or right then the battle for their mind has already been won by said politician and lost by the person who is preaching

I wish I could triple star+flag your post, please accept the stars of the cosmos instead

top topics

join