It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Parler has a new web host

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I figured they would find a host pretty quickly considering the money at stake.
Parler was the most downloaded app in the country on Friday.

"On Monday, Parler registered its domain and server to be hosted by Epik, an internet webhosting company known for working with right-leaning websites. Gab, another social media platform popular with conservatives, also uses Epik. A web domain search shows that Parler is now registered with Epik."

Not sure if or when the app will be back up and running.

Kinda curious how their lawsuit will turn out too.
www.washingtonexaminer.com...
edit on 12-1-2021 by Bluntone22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Fortunately the Left doesn't own all of communications yet. I knew they would be back but I didn't know for sure how long it would be.

When Mark and Jack and Jeff and Larry and Sergey buy up communications hosts like AT&T, Comcast, etc. then we really have something to worry about.

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 12:19 PM
link   
FYI for those thinking about using Parler, you might want to hide/protect your identity because they will quickly sell it.
edit on 12-1-2021 by Jay Electronica because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I'm glad to hear it. I am also curious as to what the lawsuit will bring. Parler had a contract with Amazon. So does Twitter. The timing of the shutdown by amazon just happened to occur when Twitter was losing money/users. Could be seen as trying to shut down one competitor over another depending on the highest bidder. I don't know. I am no lawyer, but I guess we will see.

Either way, I am happy that Parler gets their voice back.

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Jay Electronica
Because Twitter hasn't already.

I dont disagree, just chances are, you already sold your information for free.

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Our identities have already been sold to CHINA.
so what difference does it make ?

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Yeah I suppose.
Not like apple or Amazon don't...lol.
But then again they don't need to since they own everything.
I searched for a torch on Amazon and got torch adds on Facebook. Hmm

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe
What I would like to see, is that contract.

Did parler break the terms, or did Amazon?

If parler broke terms, how many other platforms Amazon is hosting have broke the same conditions?

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I could have sworn the US had an entire department for handling businesses, oh wait, what's the BBB for again?

Nowadays, companies can do whatever as long as they win or drag out court hearings. No oversight otherwise.

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I find it amusing that anything that doesnt strictly adhere to the corporate-political narrative is called "right wing."

Regardless, I think this is a good general trend. Maybe even not so much in terms of Epik or Parler specifically, but more in moving away from the hardcore centralization that has been happening for years.

All that said, outside of censorship, I think Parler has all of the same issues as a site like Twitter. Fostering addiction to extreme emotional states, data gathering/security, etc.

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Nivhk

The bbb is a joke.
Did you know that if you pay their fee you can put the bbb's logo on your business cards?

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Sad that net neutrality was torpedoed. That one came back to bite.

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Won't be long before Erik is purchased by a much larger company

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 01:46 PM
link   

I never registered with them. But after what I have seen, im not sure i would register with them. In particular, the software they use to ensure privacy was a free version. But there are other issues that have arisen as well.

My opinion on this: if you have a compelling message, you deliver it in places its not already heard. Parler is just a right wing echo chamber, and it'll result in partisan social media where people only hear "facts" suited to their demographic.

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jay Electronica
FYI for those thinking about using Parler, you might want to hide/protect your identity because they will quickly sell it.

Well thats a bold LIE care to post a source on that, preferably a reliable one.

One of the part owners ( Dan Bongino ) says this is a slanderous rumor put out by the left.

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 03:17 PM
link   
At least they have BitMitigate for DDoS protections, since I know CloudFlare won't touch them with a 10 foot pole at this point. I don't know a ton about them, hopefully they have some good security folks working for them.

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Nivhk

If we go by the narrative that Amazon shut down Parler because of incitement to violence. Then both Facebook & Twitter, which use AWS as their hosting service, have violated those same terms throughout 2020.

Facebook & Twitter both have multi-year long contracts with Amazon, that nets Amazon $11 million & $7 million each month respectively. So there's that.
edit on 12-1-2021 by Sakashima because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Great to know! It's still not up but I'm anxious to start Parlaying again.

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

Sounds like Conflict of Interest.

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Ridiculous and naïve statement. Do you have any proof of this?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join