It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Preventing our president from speaking to his people

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: loam
I remember when Trump was meeting with Kim in NK.

CNN was busy airing Pelosi's impeachment insanity instead of airing what was a historical moment.

But yeah, trust the TV to still get information from the presidents office, it's okay for big tech to censor.

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: oloufo
What happens when they can't even follow their own rules?

Oh right, just rewrite the ToS and push an update.

You can play the whole "but it's their house", but they've been turning a blind eye to their ToS during the summer of love.

Edit: Hell, they even allowed videos of antifa on camera, saying they're looking for Trump supporters to kill, the same night a man was killed in Oregon in cold blood.

How wasnt that against ToS?

Or hosting a video of someone driving into someone in a parking ramp?

Charlottesville, no. Summer of love? Okay.

edit on 1/12/2021 by Nivhk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Nivhk
Precedent has now been set.

After the vote on January 6th the term is now over.
Everyone can from this point on ignore and demonize and silence the still sitting president.

For the remainder of the 14 day term it will be a toss up of who is in charge is it the speaker of the house or the now cancelled vice president?

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Themaskedbeast
Well, the speaker won't even speak to the public, so... so much for that title?

But just like "president-elect", we've seen how much they love false titles.

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: HODOSKE

Imagine if he used the emergency broadcast system....lol
Heads would explode.

Like Whitmer did telling us we have to wear masks in public? Yeah, that was a real appropriate use of it.

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Nivhk

I saw clips from an interview she did not long ago.

The reporter was actually grilling pelosi I saw it at lunch on oan. I cant link but it was a fun watch to see her squirming to blame house republicans for her failures.

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nivhk
I remember when Trump was meeting with Kim in NK.

CNN was busy airing Pelosi's impeachment insanity instead of airing what was a historical moment.

Yeah, I didn't want to watch Nancy, I wanted to watch the sumo match at the DMZ.

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 12:58 PM
link   

there are rules. if you don't follow the rules, you have to live with the consequences. he could give a live speech. he can talk on the radio. he can stand in the street and spread his stories with a megaphone. people have been banned before trump, that's nothing new. if you don't follow the terms, your account will be deactivated. only if you are on a site for radicals where it's about promoting lies, hate and violence (also terrorism) you can write what you want

I totally agree with you, all these right wingers throwing tantrums because Trump can't tweet commands to his cult followers is pathetic.
All social media companies have terms and conditions which you agree to follow when you sign up to an account, if you don't you get banned, it's that simple, even our great ATS has them!!

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus
Good thing you still had a choice then.

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 01:03 PM
link   

What happens when they can't even follow their own rules?

Oh right, just rewrite the ToS and push an update.

You can play the whole "but it's their house", but they've been turning a blind eye to their ToS during the summer of love.

Edit: Hell, they even allowed videos of antifa on camera, saying they're looking for Trump supporters to kill, the same night a man was killed in Oregon in cold blood.

How wasnt that against ToS?

Or hosting a video of someone driving into someone in a parking ramp?

Charlottesville, no. Summer of love? Okay.

why do you have to compare this with the riots in summer? look around the world. such randals happen. it's always stupid and it's idiots and radicals who take advantage of such peaceful demonstrations to loot or burn buildings at random. this thing in/at the capitol goes much deeper. it's about an institution, the center of power, something untouchable. that was the attempt to start a revolution. embarrassing and shocking at the same time. watch the videos, some are horrifying. it was a rebellion against the very foundations of the united states. you can't compare that to a burning supermarket. and it was a right-wing action. not from the left, not from the center, not even from the side of normal conservatives, these were radicals incited by a radical. and that should worry every american.

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: HODOSKE
Is any one else as disturbed as me by this? Not a big fan of President Trump, but preventing him from speaking to his people by social media is very disturbing. People that own social media are deciding what is true or false. So may people are having there accounts removed or banned from social media. All because they have a different point of view. Very scary

It's called a presidential address where he looks his public in the eye like a man instead of hiding behind his social media like a conspiracy nut. 50 other presidents served our nation well enough without depending on smart phones and digital platforms to converse with voters.

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Precincts were burned and looted.

City halls defaced.

Post offices ruined.

That's state level, federal level.

But hey, least you got to demean human lives being ruined or even ended.

I do agree it was wrong for an "army" to raid Capitol hill, but I disagree that these issues are unrelated.

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kurokage

there are rules. if you don't follow the rules, you have to live with the consequences. he could give a live speech. he can talk on the radio. he can stand in the street and spread his stories with a megaphone. people have been banned before trump, that's nothing new. if you don't follow the terms, your account will be deactivated. only if you are on a site for radicals where it's about promoting lies, hate and violence (also terrorism) you can write what you want

...even our great ATS has them!!

i also lost a thread once): it hurt! so i can understand trumps frustration a little bit.

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Good thing you still had a choice then.

I saw it though, it was on the FOX News. I was disappointed that they weren't tossing each other around by their adult diapers.

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus
Oh good, I was worried that my cultist mind blinded me, but I thought there were still alternative news stories being reported then.

Thankfully it didn't come to that though, one may of had a mini nuke in their diaper.

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Precincts were burned and looted.

City halls defaced.

Post offices ruined.

That's state level, federal level.

But hey, least you got to demean human lives being ruined or even ended.

I do agree it was wrong for an "army" to raid Capitol hill, but I disagree that these issues are unrelated.

of course they are connected, you're right. all these protests, the riots, the looting, the violence show that something is wrong in american society. but you also have to separate. blm, metoo etc... are peaceful movements that sometimes represent radical ideas. these are about primal human concerns. against racism, for equality, for environmental protection. and of course, such movements are also used, for countless reasons by radicals, idiots, provocateurs and so on. nevertheless, they are important. the attack on the capitol was an attack on the foundation of the state. and against all those who respect this institution and thus also respect the rules and laws that prevail in the usa. that was a call for anarchy. madness. that is a different quality. its about what is really dangerous in a wider perspective?

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

originally posted by: HODOSKE
Is any one else as disturbed as me by this? Not a big fan of President Trump, but preventing him from speaking to his people by social media is very disturbing. People that own social media are deciding what is true or false. So may people are having there accounts removed or banned from social media. All because they have a different point of view. Very scary

It's called a presidential address where he looks his public in the eye like a man instead of hiding behind his social media like a conspiracy nut. 50 other presidents served our nation well enough without depending on smart phones and digital platforms to converse with voters.

50??? Oh man, is it 2036 now???

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Let's be honest. Trump should have been banned from twitter a long time ago. If it was anyone else they would have been tossed in the first year, but they let him get away with things none of us would. Rules for thee not for me.

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 01:35 PM
link   

the riots, the looting, the violence show that something is wrong in american society. but you also have to separate. blm, metoo etc... are peaceful movements that sometimes represent radical ideas. these are about primal human concerns. against racism, for equality, for environmental protection.

the attack on the capitol was an attack on the foundation of the state. and against all those who respect this institution and thus also respect the rules and laws that prevail in the usa. that was a call for anarchy.

So, attacking local communities, taking over autonomous zones, destroying businesses, destroying government buildings and private property is fighting concerns against racism and the environment. Attacking people and things who have nothing to do with those problems is good.

Protesting a government you have a problem with by converging on the government buildings, breaking in and milling around for a bit, taking some selfies acting like clowns is an attack on the entirety of the USA...

The level of doublethink going on here with all this astounds me.

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I know so many people that don't have TV anymore. They have cancelled their cable or satellite and use social media only for immediate news.

@realDonaldTrump was where they went to "hear" their president talk to the people. Sure. There's the official WH acct. and POTUS acct., but they are reserved for official business only. His personal voice to the people was cancelled.

What they are trying to do to our POTUS reminds me of that king of Egypt they tried to erase.

Damnatio memoriae
. Big Tech Overlords think they can do that now with the help of corrupt politicians and corrupt media.
edit on 12-1-2021 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join