It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook owns Whatsapp - Time to change

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 06:29 AM
link   
On 8 Feb 2021 Facebook will be updating its new terms on Whatsapp. It will require you accept the new terms or you will be kicked off Whatsapp. They want your phone number, all aliases you use, all previous Whatsapp messages will also be owned by Facebook, personal data, your IP address etc...

Facebook owns Youtube and now Whatsapp and soon they will know everyone who uses their apps.

I suggest you change if you were a Trump supporter or conservative.....

Social media will be the downfall for many....

ATS is also social media.....

If you have not already check out doc film: Social Dilema on Netflix.

P.S. If I pissed off any here on ATS lately and I know I have..... sorry.

I am having issues with PTSD...changing medication....again.

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 06:40 AM
link   
I saw this yesterday. I am wondering. Is there a different option for this?

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Been posted 2 times already.
Many of us use here in Asia. Hong Kong people use it a lot. I am now careful what to say on it to my hong kong friends.
Also if you are a foreigner living overseas in certain countries , voice recognition along with your phone number will give the police a head start on who you are. The same possibilities may exist with facebook, but I don't use it so... I wonder about it.

I didn't know about the phone number because you cant get whats app without a phone number to begin with.

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 06:48 AM
link   
all useful new apps wind up getting bought by big tech and then dumbed down or bloated to make money and/or monetize.

some app developers do this on purpose. other times big tech does it to squash a service they don't / won't offer.

Norton is a great example of this.

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 06:53 AM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

The time to change has long passed.

Anyone who thought so simple mindedly as to not see these eventuations instead posting all manner of traits, relationships and personal behavioural patterns of themselves and others for history to record is just plain unenlightened......poor souls?

Social media is to me a necessary evil until such times (fast approaching) that it no longer is necessary.
Hence why the intelligent users of social media -
1 never signed up using any personal information.....infact outright lied.
2 never signed up to Facebook or more specifically uploaded pictures to inadvertantly verify real identities via facial recognition on platform regardless of account namee identity.

Social media will be the downfall of humanityin countless ways.......they already know everyone who uses their apps i can assure you.

People are so ignorant and stupid that only from now on will they start to see through the cracks but it is clearly way to late......the system?....they're barely even trying to hide it anymore.

Humanity for the very vast majority deserves alot more than being sifted through a conscience sifter....but i know that this last paragraph is still to high above mosts pay grade.

Utter shame indeed.

So nothing here to worry about Facebook and its associations are long identified and dealt with by the awake.

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 07:10 AM
link   
We need some very powerful coronal mass ejections to knock down the entire internet, this is getting ridiculous.

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Whatsapp messages are still end-to-end encoded, nothing for Facebook to see there. No, you can't just say "BUT THEY CAN SEE IT! YOU ARE WRONG" - bring proof, but there is none. Maybe in Asia there are sidelines, but not in Europe and by extension of better privacy-laws (I guess) this also goes for northern America.

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 07:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManFromEurope
Whatsapp messages are still end-to-end encoded, nothing for Facebook to see there. No, you can't just say "BUT THEY CAN SEE IT! YOU ARE WRONG" - bring proof, but there is none. Maybe in Asia there are sidelines, but not in Europe and by extension of better privacy-laws (I guess) this also goes for northern America.

I wonder if it will change though.

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Facebook does not own Youtube,Google owns Youtube.

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 07:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeathSlayer
On 8 Feb 2021 Facebook will be updating its new terms on Whatsapp. It will require you accept the new terms or you will be kicked off Whatsapp. They want your phone number, all aliases you use, all previous Whatsapp messages will also be owned by Facebook, personal data, your IP address etc...

Facebook owns Youtube and now Whatsapp and soon they will know everyone who uses their apps.

I suggest you change if you were a Trump supporter or conservative.....

Social media will be the downfall for many....

ATS is also social media.....

If you have not already check out doc film: Social Dilema on Netflix.

P.S. If I pissed off any here on ATS lately and I know I have..... sorry.

I am having issues with PTSD...changing medication....again.

Google has owned youtube since 2006. Facebook never had anything to do with it.

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 08:41 AM
link   

'mornin D.S. Got PSTD myself. No meds. Just leave the room for a min. And at times...I can sob over cooking or game shows even...but here I've digressed.

I deal, laugh it off and keep going. Its just how it is. My ERM commander will tell me to go in the rig and begin the report! Don't happen much, but does. It's ok.

P.m. me anytime?!✌️
edit on 12-1-2021 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

'mornin D.S. Got PSTD myself. No meds. Just leave the room for a min. And at times...I can sob over cooking or game shows even...but here I've digressed.

I deal, laugh it off and keep going. Its just how it is. My ERM commander will tell me to go in the rig and begin the report! Don't happen much, but does. It's ok.

P.m. me anytime?!✌️

Or pick up the guitar and play some music.

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

I do, and record keys and vocals in my recording studio office. It helps...but doesn't stop the worry/concern!

Stay well there MIM. Best, MS

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Burner phone paid in cash. Takes care of a lot of issues. Not all, but better than nothing. Never use a real name, never connect personal information to it, and never connect it to your personal wifi, and if you do make sure you use a VPN router and a VPN that doesn't keep logs and is based somewhere that doesn't give information to acronyms.
edit on 1212021 by AutomateThis1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I dont have much to add for the original content, other than business as usual but I have aspergers and have issues at time with social interactions, online and real life so no judgement from me.

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 01:44 PM
link   

I deleted my Whatsapp months ago, my whole family followed suit. We are all on Signal or Telegram apps. I even donated to Signal since they are a non profit. Those are great alternatives to Whatsapp.

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 02:41 PM
link   

I deleted my Whatsapp months ago, my whole family followed suit. We are all on Signal or Telegram apps. I even donated to Signal since they are a non profit. Those are great alternatives to Whatsapp.

posted on Feb, 13 2021 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Facebook owns Youtube and now Whatsapp.

WhatsApp was bought by Facebook in 2014 for $19 billion.

top topics

join