It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So...can we blame mask pollution on the left yet?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 10:43 PM
link   
I mean the left have been pushing masks all the time. I see them all over the place. On the ground in every single parking lot. On the sidewalks. Everywhere I go. I can honestly say I have seen more discarded masks in the past year than I have ever seen plastic straws....

And it isn't even just the disposable ones....I see cloth masks, disposables, latex, etc....I actually can't remember the last time I was out and did not see one on the ground.

So...can we blame the mask nazis?

Source

With each mask weighing three to four grams, the situation could lead to 6,800-plus tons of plastic pollution that “will take as long as 450 years to break down,” according to the report.

In addition to the harmful effects of micro-plastic and nano-plastic particles, elastic ear loops pose a “possible entanglement risk for wildlife,” the report says.

The report cites several examples of marine animals killed by masks, including a “dead bloated pufferfish” found tangled in the loops of a disposable blue mask by volunteers cleaning a Miami beach in August.

In addition, a necropsy on a malnourished penguin found dead on a beach in Brazil in September reportedly found a mask wadded up in its stomach.

Don't worry....some will see this as a bit of a eye opening moment....others will just be upset.

I think the reason it has not become huge news is because there is no way to spin a protest on this....it's like a catch22 for the left.

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

We'll have the left calling for mask taxes next. Of course, since they already set the precedent of mandating citizens purchase something (Obamacare) years ago, there likely won't be much pushback to them mandating mask use alongside a fat-ass tax on those masks.

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Have you ever seen an area after they protest in it?

These people will destroy a local Park, once the garbage cans fill they just throw trash next to them, eventually just dropping trash at their feet, leave picket signs loosely piled on a sidewalk, all while protesting against climate change.

Even worse. . . Look what they do to entire city’s

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 11:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quantumgamer1776
Have you ever seen an area after they protest in it?

These people will destroy a local Park, once the garbage cans fill they just throw trash next to them, eventually just dropping trash at their feet, leave picket signs loosely piled on a sidewalk, all while protesting against climate change.

Even worse. . . Look what they do to entire city’s

Yep....seen that too. Main reason I bring this up is it is on a worldwide level that can't be hidden, yet nobody is bringing it up....

Everything is so fake in the news these days it is insane.....it is ALL cherrypicking. The hypocrisy is hard to reconcile logically.

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 11:34 PM
link   
I save my old paper masks for use when I am doing things where I need a mask. You use them in the store two or three times and they tend to get a little dirty looking, but they will still work for sandblasting or blowing things off when doing brake jobs. Or just for sanding and touching up rust on cars and equipment.

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 12:11 AM
link   
I cant stand seeing the disposable masks littered all over.

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 02:29 AM
link   

The media will say that "Far Right super-spreading terror squads are planting viral murder traps everywhere".

Then they'll warn the saintly left, who always dispose of their masks safely and responsibly, to call the cops to arrest and question everyone living within 300 metres of a discarded mask.

It will help to calm the situation down and bring about a sense of belonging and togetherness. .......or something.

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 02:59 AM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

In So. Cal we get Santa Ana winds. They were here the last couple
days. The cup form of the masks helps lift them high into the air.
Perfect way to spread the bio hazard. Good effing job morons.
Or were you smart enough to intend it this way? I'm going with
completely effing stupid on this one.

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Nobody is going to care until a whale washes up on shore with a belly full of masks, or a Sea Turtle has a mask stuck up it's nose, or some Swedish teenager that looks like a pre-teen tells us that we should care happens.

This mask mandate has created more medical waste then another time in human history. Not to mention all that alcohol sanitizer getting used, that can't be good for anyone in the long run.

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Further to your OP, "If" this is as virulent as we are being told , why are there no bio-hazzard bins for these masks to be safely disposed of?

2nd.

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Anywhere the left go, they leave in their wake nothing but chaos for both nature and mankind. I remember my old Urbex days. "Take only pictures, leave only footprints". That's how I like to live my life when I can.

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 03:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

I think the reason it has not become huge news is because there is no way to spin a protest on this....it's like a catch22 for the left.

Are you seriously saying that masks is a left-right issue?

And you wonder why people call you guys a cult?

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 04:03 AM
link   
You ever find it odd that those who speak to huge crowds on climate change fly around the world in private jets and travel in big motorcades with SUVs?

Seems a little bit hypocritical to me.

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 04:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cymru

Further to your OP, "If" this is as virulent as we are being told , why are there no bio-hazzard bins for these masks to be safely disposed of?

2nd.

This is the major issue with the disposable masks.
They ARE a bio-hazard once used, and should be treated as such. Masks all over the ground are not much different than leaving needles or condoms laying about.

Problem is companies don't want to pay for bio-hazard material pick-up and disposal.

I gave up an contain mine in a bag to be burnt at a later date. Mostly cause I don't have any other viable option.
An just Nope! I'm never gonna wear a cloth one cause this isn't the Middle Ages an I'm not going to tie a rag on my face thinking it'll work.

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 05:28 AM
link   
I think by "tHe LeFt", you mean "medical professionals" are pushing for masks. I see all walks of life wearing them, every day. Thousands of people. Are you trying to tell me that only one side of the political spectrum is throwing them on the ground?

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 05:37 AM
link   
I went to a shop the other day, and I was like, sorry I forgot my mask. The lady looked around and said yeah, I ain't wearing one either. Nobody is sick here. Who cares? Ok... Fair enough. Here's my 8 bucks... This is stupid.

It only took 0 days in "small town America" to completely scoff off this horse crap.
edit on 12-1-2021 by sine.nomine because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 08:26 AM
link   
This must be a wordwide problem,exactly the same here in Scotland.
Masks spread about most streets.Even saw a few masks on the floor of an elevator(lift).

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Why is it a LEFT mask pollution problem? Are the Right in its entirety NOT wearing masks? Or does the Right never litter with masks? We know they leave THEIR rally/protest sites spotless when they leave. So does that mean that the whole reason the US is SOOOO far behind ALL other countries fighting the virus is because of the RIGHT'S universal refusal to wear masks??

Asshats.

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 09:35 AM
link   
If Corona is so deadly and contagious why aren't they bio hazard bins everywhere for us to drop our masks in?

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Guyfriday

Nobody is going to care until a whale washes up on shore with a belly full of masks, or a Sea Turtle has a mask stuck up it's nose, or some Swedish teenager that looks like a pre-teen tells us that we should care happens.

This mask mandate has created more medical waste then another time in human history. Not to mention all that alcohol sanitizer getting used, that can't be good for anyone in the long run.

Reagan's 9 scariest words, ever. "We are the government, and we're here to help."
Help who? Not me. Not you.
The Communist takeover is nearly complete.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join