It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook bans 'stop the steal' content, 69 days after the election

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: nOraKat
You need a team of programmers to make an equally functional or better Social Media platform then everyone can just leave Facebook.

Actually there is already a better one out there. Far better than Facebook. It actually gives you your own little space to decorate and post pics and songs and do html coding to even make it rain dic*s if you want. It was also once the largest social media platform on the planet. MySpace.

I never could understand why everyone left MySpace for crappy ass Facebook where you can't customize and make it your own, where its just a very plain and run of the mill type of place and censured to hell and back. Oh well, I left Facebook years ago.

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: HunkaHunka

Facebook will begin removing all content that mentions the phrase "stop the steal," a full 69 days after Election Day.
The social media giant said in a blog post that it will ramp up enforcement against the phrase because it was used by those who participated in last week's riots at the US Capitol.

Source

Facebook has decided that for it to be most responsible to society, it should ban the use of “stop the steal” now that it has lead to violence. That seems about on par with how they have acted in the past.

So do you feel that conservative voices are being silenced or that creepy violent ideas are being weeded out?

I for one don’t see any legal issue with this. But is there a moral issue? And if so, why?

How many people died as a result of BLM movement? I think over 30 and counting.

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: HunkaHunka

Some synonyms?

Halt the theft
Block the robbery
Cease the larceny
End the pilfering

And so on...

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

A) Because it tickles a narcissist itch. And we are very wired to have that ego massaged. It is how we make babies after all, well not the mechanical aspect. But that is how we get there.

B) They do other things on social media too but politics pervades as a tribal connection. You trust the people in your cave but not the people in the other cave.

C) People are either inclusive or exclusive. See A and B.

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

1) You could play FarmVille.
2) It used to be exclusive to college kids and required an invite before it opened up to the general population...so they could play FarmVille.
3) MySpace didn’t have FarmVille...and then it didn’t have people dropping essentially a text message to followers as frequently as Facebook did when the herd left. But you page is still there on MySpace...if you remember what it was. Mine is.

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct
Emo kids and camwhores prettymuch ruined myspace back in the day lol.

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 10:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa
Will they ban the use of the phrase, "Black Lives Matter" after all the violent riots over the past few years too????

will I get banned from FB if I post a picture of all the people breaking glass, and stealing from the target store this summer? you know...stop the st ea l?
edit on 11-1-2021 by TruthJava because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Facebook will begin removing all content that mentions the phrase "stop the steal," a full 69 days after Election Day.
The social media giant said in a blog post that it will ramp up enforcement against the phrase because it was used by those who participated in last week's riots at the US Capitol.

Source

Facebook has decided that for it to be most responsible to society, it should ban the use of “stop the steal” now that it has lead to violence. That seems about on par with how they have acted in the past.

So do you feel that conservative voices are being silenced or that creepy violent ideas are being weeded out?

I for one don’t see any legal issue with this. But is there a moral issue? And if so, why?

Conservative voices aren't being silenced. Certain elements that some conservatives support are being kicked off ONE PLATFORM on all of Internet.

It's kind of like if ATS came through and kicked off all the people here who post cat pictures (I know; not many, but I'm going for a non-controversial example).

You can still do "stop the steal" on blogs, RSS feeds, a zillion other boards, on the radio, specialty bookshops, march around with signboards, print and wave banners, etc, etc.

Some companies welcome it. Some don't want it.

That's capitalism at work.

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Who's banning Stop The Steal?

The guy who literally stole facebook?

Oh the irony.

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 11:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman

Oh the irony.

Who stole Facebook?

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 11:43 PM
link   
See these folks on the right don’t like
Capitalism any more than folks on the left.... not many have the strength to be a capitalist these days

originally posted by: Byrd

Source

Conservative voices aren't being silenced. Certain elements that some conservatives support are being kicked off ONE PLATFORM on all of Internet.

It's kind of like if ATS came through and kicked off all the people here who post cat pictures (I know; not many, but I'm going for a non-controversial example).

You can still do "stop the steal" on blogs, RSS feeds, a zillion other boards, on the radio, specialty bookshops, march around with signboards, print and wave banners, etc, etc.

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Oh the irony.

Who stole Facebook?

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Oh the irony.

Who stole Facebook?

The dingo stole facebook.🤣

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Incredible! MySpace is still online!

I just checked it out. Now to see if I can log in to my old account.

I found a blank account in my name, so I searched my LAN for any back-ups containing "MySpace". I found some emails when I canceled the account. I guess I could make up a new one.
edit on 12-1-2021 by MichiganSwampBuck because: Added extra comments

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 08:31 AM
link   
these tech giants are the modern equivalents of utilities.

imagine if Limbaugh bought the power company and started cutting service to leftist lawyers and organizations.
unthinkable.

I think the dam broke (so to speak) when the democrats won the Georgia Senate races. now there will be no accountability for the left.
some might remember a year or two ago the Senate, then Republican, brought some tech guys up to DC and hammered them. they clearly hated being held accountable.
after the inauguration there will be no limits for them.

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

Source

What about big tech collaborating to destroy a competitor (parler in this instance).

If nothing else that violates anti-trust legislation. For all the good that is. Certainly wasn’t much use the past 4 years.

This isn’t capitalism. It is corporate oligarchy with collaborating vertical monopolies. A small, elite group have stolen control of the public square of the 21st century (the internet). A point of view i have held well before Trump even announced his candidacy.

Competition is stifled. If i want to make a new facebook for example, the existing monopolies will pressure their oligarch friends in the payment processing sector to stop any and all streams of revenue. Search engines will lower the results to my new competitor. They will then use their fellow oligarchs in the press sector to launch a propaganda effort against me and my platform to the end of influencing public opinion negatively against me thus ensuring the courts and government act against me even if i am legally in the right.

At the end of the day challenging the existing monopoly in accordance with the spirit of capitalism and the free market is a totally fruitless endeavour and may in fact be detrimental to my life.

That above example has played out more than once in the past 4 years alone.

Is that capitalism?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join