It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Survived - Home now

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Survived surgery. Yay! Never something to take for granted. Home now.

Lefty only now for a while. Now if I can only keep from moving it for about two weeks!

All bets are off on spelling, quality, quantity of posts!! Yay (for some I'm sure)!

Wow...they "fixed" me up but good!! Not sure yet but bus runovers might be preferred option.

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

I understand you have cattle? If your like me, do NOT wake up one morning and think, “I think I’m good!”. Rest and relax if you can!

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Happy to hear your surgery went well brother.

Hope you hired some help for the ranch. Don’t overdue it. Let that sucker heal. 🍻

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Wish you a speedy recovery. On top of your doctor’s recommendations pay close attention how your body reacts and heals. They might tell you 2 weeks because that the standard but you might heal slower than that, it happened to me with my back surgery.

Take care and comeback stronger!!

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Bunch

Oh, it's a helluva lot longer than that!! It's like 6-12 MONTHS recovery, but I just can't move it at all the first 2 weeks.

Thanks!

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I'm glad to hear you were able to get surgery done.

I recall when you first told us about the injury you weren't sure when you'd be able to get in.

Thanks for the good news, hope you recover well.

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 07:27 PM
link   

I thought you said you need total reconstructive surgery on that shoulder but now you want us to believe that after posting on and off today that sometime in the middle of that you had reconstructive surgery and back home all under 4 hours??

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I'm glad to hear it went well for you.

Right now, ice is your bestest bud. That and rest.

Just have patience with it. Sure, they say that it will take 6 to 12 months to recover, but the improvement will be incremental, so it won't feel quite that bad once it starts to get rolling.

Just don't do like others have said and think you're ready for more than you are because you get to feeling good one day.

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Muninn

I had fairly extensive shoulder surgery and it only took a few hours myself.

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 07:41 PM
link   

I've been through this and if you're anything like me, before long, you're gonna be tempted to think, " I'm ok, I can do this "

The heart and mind say that. The body just laughs and says "Go set your ass down"

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 07:44 PM
link   

My partner had this same surgery November 2019. I dropped him at the hospital at 9am. Did christmas shopping, got a weird stress induced hair cut, and picked him up at 11:45am.

He just went back to work (electrician) full time November 2020. It's intense, but not that crazy.

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Godspeed and warm wishes to you and your family during your recovery!

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Yes, that's what imtelling you. U can believe or not, don't care.

3 tendons repaired, one was torn completely and repaired, numerous anchors placed, bone spurs removed and cartilage cleaned up.

Went in OR at 7am, and woke up in Recovery at 10:30am. In the car by 11am.

BTW...this post almost took longer to type...lol

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Glad you got it behind you, take it easy and get better.

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Sounds like they didn't have to open you up then? I hope not. Arthro is easier to recover from.

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I'm happy to know all went well. Healing is probably going to be rough. After a bad head injury and an hourish of surgery I thought I'd be back to normal in record time... two years later I still feel "delicate" and overly protect of my head, even combing my hair (what little is left) is an ordeal.

Btw, I hear kale is a great way of turbocharging recovery.

Stay safe, take care.

edit on 11-1-2021 by Encia22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 12:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Muninn

I thought you said you need total reconstructive surgery on that shoulder but now you want us to believe that after posting on and off today that sometime in the middle of that you had reconstructive surgery and back home all under 4 hours??

Honk honk.

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 12:36 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Combo of both actually. Started out as all arthro, but they wound up having to open one incision a little more to fix something. Don't have the exact dewtails yet, but should have pics and video of the whole thing soon, maybe today (covid BS).

Up just now for meds. 1st attempt at laptop jyust now.

Worst part so far was took 7 tries and 4 diff people to get IV started. Anesthesiologist woun up having to come in and do it with ultrasound as a guide, and it took him twice to get it. L-arm is a bloody bruised up mess now from elbow down to hand. BP was soaring after that. pretty sure yomorrow will be worse though. Then arm bloc was supposed to last 3 days, but was wore off before i left recovery. ice machine running full bore tonight! Said i was really hard to put out too. Got a fat lip too somehow...tape from getting tubed i think, that or the tool.

overall everyone seemed pretty positve about the fix though. Doc is one of the CO Rockies team orthos for shoulders. Glad about that.

First time upright since leavin OR just now. probably should cut this short now and head back to 'the chair'. Look like a spaceman with all the water lines hooked up, can't hardly move then. had to get up and move around for a bit.

thanks!

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Am glad to hear you 'got the job done'. Do the therapy (until the tears run). You're in my prayers, Brother!!

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 12:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
a reply to: ketsuko

Combo of both actually. Started out as all arthro, but they wound up having to open one incision a little more to fix something. Don't have the exact dewtails yet, but should have pics and video of the whole thing soon, maybe today (covid BS).

Up just now for meds. 1st attempt at laptop jyust now.

Worst part so far was took 7 tries and 4 diff people to get IV started. Anesthesiologist woun up having to come in and do it with ultrasound as a guide, and it took him twice to get it. L-arm is a bloody bruised up mess now from elbow down to hand. BP was soaring after that. pretty sure yomorrow will be worse though. Then arm bloc was supposed to last 3 days, but was wore off before i left recovery. ice machine running full bore tonight! Said i was really hard to put out too. Got a fat lip too somehow...tape from getting tubed i think, that or the tool.

overall everyone seemed pretty positve about the fix though. Doc is one of the CO Rockies team orthos for shoulders. Glad about that.

First time upright since leavin OR just now. probably should cut this short now and head back to 'the chair'. Look like a spaceman with all the water lines hooked up, can't hardly move then. had to get up and move around for a bit.

thanks!

First time upright since surgery, did you come home on a stretcher?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join