It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Trump to speak in Alamo, TX 1/12/20 1/12/21, 3:00 PM

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Yea this isn't a good idea, the atmosphere is too toxic. It's not going to change anybody's mind. The battle lines have been drawn, likely his ego will not let him walk away without expanding his comments beyond the border wall, adding cannon fodder to the already volatile situation, Wish it were different but it isn't, it serves no useful purpose.

www.chron.com...

In the face of a second impeachment and widespread censuring from both parties, President Trump is heading to Alamo, Texas on Tuesday in an attempt to celebrate the incomplete construction of his long-promised border wall, according to the Associated Press' Kevin Freking.

Some are confused over the seemingly random visit, as Alamo, Texas, is not "the Alamo" in San Antonio, but rather a quiet border town tucked away in Hidalgo County, more than 20 miles north of the Mexican border.
edit on 11-1-2021 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6
Not sure if this is a great idea or not.

Not a good idea? What could possibly go wrong?

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I doubt 30,000 Mexicans will show up this time.

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I wouldn’t worry too much. There isn’t that much new wall anyway, around 15 miles of brand new primary wall.

Trump will be Trump. I’m really hoping he is more statement like, a little humble and as ever, patriotic.

I hope he doesn’t go on about election fraud.

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978
I wouldn’t worry too much. There isn’t that much new wall anyway, around 15 miles of brand new primary wall.

Trump will be Trump. I’m really hoping he is more statement like, a little humble and as ever, patriotic.

I’m sure he’s just there to see the basement

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Why have you deleted your OP?

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: djz3ro

Why have you deleted your OP?

I'm sorry I was making additions and my internet froze up. Wiped out my most profound post ever...

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Is it random though? I thought it had been planned for days. Did anyone really expect Trump to scurry to the basement for the rest of his term?? Have they learned nothing?
edit on 1/11/2021 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

President Trump to speak in Alamo

How symbolic.

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Why worry about it?
Media won't cover it.
Social Media will delete any videos of it.

So, Magically, it will never happen.

No worries!

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 03:24 PM
link   

That's my point no election fraud stuff, not even a tiny bit. Him talking about it now will put tearing down the wall wasting money at the top of the left's list. LOL they want to remove him from the crappy sequel Home Alone 2, the gleeful left literally has become the cat playing with a dead mouse

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Some are confused over the seemingly random visit, as Alamo, Texas, is not "the Alamo" in San Antonio, but rather a quiet border town tucked away in Hidalgo County, more than 20 miles north of the Mexican border.

I hope this won't be another Four Seasons Landscaping fiasco.

They know what city they booked him in, right?

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Did you get that number from the BBC? How about some updated numbers?

DHS Wall Construction Update: September 29, 2020
Release Date:
September 29, 2020
BLUF: The Trump administration is building new wall and doing so faster than ever before. Currently wall construction continues at the southwest border (SWB) with the administration’s goal of 450 new miles of wall system on track for the end of the calendar year.

As summed up below by Border Patrol Chief Rodney Scott, the current status of the wall system’s construction is summed up as follows:

341 new miles completed
240 new miles under construction
157 new miles under the pre-construction process
Furthermore, as Acting Secretary Chad Wolf illustrated in his recent State of the Homeland Address, the timeline has been accelerating since construction began:

“In January, we reached 100 miles of new border wall system. In June, we achieved 200 miles. In August, we marked the 300th mile—and by the end of this calendar year we will reach over 450 miles of new border wall system.”

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: MykeNukem

I hope this won't be another Four Seasons Landscaping fiasco.

Alamo Taco Bar ?

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

President Trump to speak in Alamo

How symbolic.

Thought the same initially but it is Alamo TX, not San Antonio, even though I suppose the symbolism still remains even though it somewhat cheapens the death of William Travis against overwhelming odds.

Trump brought some of this upon himself

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Right, we wouldn’t want him to expose the fraudulent elections now that your team is fully entrenched. I hope he comes out hot and lets the morons in DC, the media and Big-Tech have it...it’s what they deserve.
edit on 2021/1/11 by Metallicus because: Sp

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Agreed , not sure it matters the location the name is symbolic given the President's current position.

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

Right, we wouldn’t want him to expose the fraudulent elections now that your team is fully entrenched. I hope he comes out hot and lets the morons in DC, the media and Big-Tech have it...it’s what they deserve.

I understand the sentiment, I really do. But it serves no good purpose now, in fact, it is turning people off. Much better to wait for the inevitable Democratic screwup that is sure to come. Likely within 8-12 months, lol if not earlier

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 03:49 PM
link   
“If a tree falls in the woods”

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

A part of me wants that too if I’m honest. I think a lot of folks do. I admire that you can speak it because so many are scared to voice feelings at this point and that’s going to be a big problem the longer it goes on. People are mad as hell and they are tired of taking it silently. I get it completely.

<<   2  3 >>

join