It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House Democrats introduce an article of impeachment charging Trump with incitement of insurrection

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: eManym

Why? There is no point to it, and it sets a horrible precedent. What you don't get is that this isn't about Trump despite the fact he lives rent free in your head. This is about the future for every single president going forward ... you know, as soon as we actually elect one again.

To give you one example, look at the judiciary. You've all been whining about all the judges appointed during the past 4 years. Well who opened the door to that? Harry Reid. He changed the rules out of short-term convenience, and at the time, he was warned it was setting a bad precedent, but he didn't listen. And when conditions changed, his political opponents took full advantage.

This is the same type thing.

edit on 11-1-2021 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: ras321
It needs to go to trial so we can know if trump actually tried to have Pence and others murdered

Trump is president, not Hillary.

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Are you all wanting this? I honestly see it as idiotic to a degree not witnessed yet. But maybe I'm missing something.
9 days, Trump will be an ex president. He will leave disgraced and broken. he was already impeached for asking about the investigation the FBI was doing on Hunter, what more do ya'll want? A Firing squad? a Hanging? I'd almost like to see you get it so you could realize how doing something like this opens up things much like it for the future.

I hope smarter folks can step up.

Good luck with that. Of course that's what they'd like, anything it takes to destroy the man is on their list.

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 12:43 PM
link   
It’s not the impeachment that is important here in my opinion, it’s the charge - insurrection.

To my mind that suggests that they are worried that Trump may have or might be considering signing the insurrection act. It’s an obvious Dem play. Muddy those waters.

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: HalWesten

And they honestly don't consider that the anger on display last Wednesday isn't gone.

Just making it shut up so they don't have to see it doesn't make it go away. The harder the clamp down on it, the stronger it will grow.

If they thought they understood BLM and its anger came from being marginalized ... well what on earth do they think they are doing to 75 million people at the moment? They may think they're justified in marginalizing them, but it doesn't change what happens when you marginalize a group, and that's one big group.

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: ARM1968

If Pelosi did try to call in the military, that's insurrection.

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Identified
We are on the same page here Ident. That pendulum swing is just as you describe. And the farther it swings to one side takes those who cling to it swing with it. And the farther they swing makes those on the other side of the swing look even farther away. Even those in the middle are seen from whichever extreme side of the swing they are on.

And yes, we need a moderate party. A party that sees that ''swing'' just as you have described. I would love to see a coalition of people from both parties make that happen.

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

She already did, 6,000 NG troops with 50 cal humvees and snipers on all the rooftops for the next planned riot during the inauguration ceremony.

Will that be live or televised, not sure.

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: PurpleFox
The final nail in the NWO-Globalist coffin

mmmm no.
Trump was against the NWO / Globalist stuff.

Biden will re-activate

climate accords, relations with China, Iran nukes, etc.

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 12:55 PM
link   
The impeachment articles have no teeth.

mobile.twitter.com...

Come on Democrats, you can do better than this!

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: ElGoobero

I am all for climate accords, climate change is a known fact, arguments aside.

China? Not sure what Biden will do. The are expanding at a fast rate. They even bought Bird Cay in the Caribbean. I expect WWIII with China soon if diplomatic action don't work.

As for Iran, all the US can do is sanction.

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: eManym
a reply to: ketsuko

She already did, 6,000 NG troops with 50 cal humvees and snipers on all the rooftops for the next planned riot during the inauguration ceremony.

Will that be live or televised, not sure.

Source?

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
It's my opinion that the Republican Party needs to act now and separate themselves from him completely. Save the party now cuz if they don't they will be dragged down into the hell hole that he is leading them to. His deterioration is demonstrating increased speed and likely, once he is out of office and the sharks from all those lawsuits fall on him and the banks and folks he owes money to come to his door along with any other charges he will be facing, he will slide off into more of a babbling idiot than he already is.

As for his followers, well, the Republican Party does not need them. They can stand on their own as the failures of the Democrat majority are likely to fail and a fickle populace will turn to them again in 24 if they can put up a viable choice for POTUS.

that's about right, backing Trump to the hilt over the elections, and continuing to do so, is the whole crux of the matter, and Trump's last play to the crowd was the final straw for many, he has to go ASAP, and now that much of the Rep Party funding is being withdrawn, I doubt that many in the RNC will continue the Trump election crusade, or any future backing for Trump, and they will need to box clever to get refunded at all.
edit on 11-1-2021 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
Those people voted for trump, not his party.

Well ... In truth I simply voted against Biden.

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 01:05 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 01:14 PM
link   
To file charges like that, they should prove it is not a frivolous action, the supreme court should judge it's content to judge it adequate to file for an impeachment. Trump did no more than Pelosi and Harris did to cause a simple protest, it getting out of hand in DC is no different than riots that erupted because of Pelosi and Harris telling people protests are good.

Pelosi and Harris should be impeached by the same reason they want to impeach Trump. Pelosi taking a knee for BLM gave them incentive to cause civil unrest and opened the door for mob mindset.

To me, it is no different if riots happen in the capitol or in the cities and towns across America. The fact that politicians are promoting protests this last year is sickening...both sides are guilty of inciting civil unrest. These congressmen and women are American citizens with equal rights to all American Citizens. Riots everywhere are bad, yet these congressmen and women said it was justified in cities when they burned down businesses and destroyed people's lives, that sometimes bad leads to good....except when they mess with their personal place of employment, their business. Riots are not legal anywhere, peaceful protests are. If they would have had the necessary people to protect the capitol buildings, those protestors would never have got into the building. Did our government set this up so we felt bad for those spoiled politicians? I would say there is a good chance they did, they may have purposely not prepared so we would side with the politicians. I think someone attacking our local police station is much worse for me than someone attacking a bunch of prestigious jerks in DC. I do not approve of either, but I am way more concerned about my hometowns than DC.

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

originally posted by: Bluntone22
Those people voted for trump, not his party.

Well ... In truth I simply voted against Biden.

Most people in this country voted against a presidential candidate, I think exit polls came in at sixty some percent.

I voted for Pence, not for Trump. I think that Biden's VP selection is way too chaotic. I feel she is bad for America.

It is a shame that both presidential candidates did not die of covid, Pence would have had a landslide

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: eManym
a reply to: HalWesten

Here are a couple of links out of numerous links using a simple web search.

Pentagon to Deploy Over 6,000 National Guard Troops to D.C. For Joe Biden's Inauguration

Army secretary: 6,200 National Guard troops to be in DC area ‘by the weekend’

Common courtesy requires sources when we make statements like you did. It's an etiquette thing.

NG troops with 50 cals and snipers on rooftops? Yeah, tell us another story. Neither article mentions that and the Newsweek article author has been thoroughly debunked in several other threads right here on ATS.

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
It's my opinion that the Republican Party needs to act now and separate themselves from him completely. Save the party now cuz if they don't they will be dragged down into the hell hole that he is leading them to. His deterioration is demonstrating increased speed and likely, once he is out of office and the sharks from all those lawsuits fall on him and the banks and folks he owes money to come to his door along with any other charges he will be facing, he will slide off into more of a babbling idiot than he already is.

As for his followers, well, the Republican Party does not need them. They can stand on their own as the failures of the Democrat majority are likely to fail and a fickle populace will turn to them again in 24 if they can put up a viable choice for POTUS.

I agree. I’ve continued to state there are legitimate Conservatives.

They need to take back their party. Actually, they needed to take it back years ago.

And I’ve really had it with the threats from Trumpster’s — that we’re supposed to be quaking in fear. Get real.

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 01:29 PM
link   
There is some wrong information in this thread....

I have stated this before....

Can you be impeached after leaving office?

The answer would appear to be yes.

guides.loc.gov...

Belknap was President Grant’s fourth Secretary of War. He was accused of committing improprieties in administering government contracts. During the pendency of the House investigation, Belknap resigned his office on March 2, 1876. However, the Committee on the Judiciary proceeded to draft articles of impeachment, which were approved by the full House in April 1876. Belknap was acquitted by the Senate in August 1876.

It has been done before, so the precedent is there.
edit on 11-1-2021 by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join