It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House Democrats introduce an article of impeachment charging Trump with incitement of insurrection

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 11:36 AM
link   

House Democrats introduced an article of impeachment against President Donald Trump on Monday charging him with incitement of insurrection.

The House will formally vote on impeaching the president later this week unless Vice President Mike Pence and the Cabinet invoke the 25th Amendment to remove Trump from power.

House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer brought a resolution to the floor during a pro forma session on Monday calling on Pence to invoke the amendment and tried to get it passed by unanimous consent, but Republicans blocked the measure.

Source

I'm kind of surprised this hasn't been posted yet.

It looks like Trump will be the first President to ever be impeached twice. Assuming he doesn't become the first President removed through the 25th Amendment.

It'll be interesting to see how this plays out when it reaches the Senate. There's been more than a few Republican lawmakers that have stated they would go along with ousting Trump. Is it enough though to reach the 60 votes needed in Senate?

It will also be interesting to see how McConnell approaches this impeachment compared to the last one. He's none too happy with Trump's antics.

Personally I think it's kind of pointless to do this with 9 days left in Trump's term. What happens if Trump's term ends while proceedings are still going?
edit on 1/11/2021 by Xcalibur254 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 11:42 AM
link   
The final nail in the NWO-Globalist coffin

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254
It's my opinion that the Republican Party needs to act now and separate themselves from him completely. Save the party now cuz if they don't they will be dragged down into the hell hole that he is leading them to. His deterioration is demonstrating increased speed and likely, once he is out of office and the sharks from all those lawsuits fall on him and the banks and folks he owes money to come to his door along with any other charges he will be facing, he will slide off into more of a babbling idiot than he already is.

As for his followers, well, the Republican Party does not need them. They can stand on their own as the failures of the Democrat majority are likely to fail and a fickle populace will turn to them again in 24 if they can put up a viable choice for POTUS.

+17 more 
posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Yay!
The wheels on the bus go round round round.

The Republican party better very carefully think over their next few choices.
Trump got ten million votes more than he did last time and it wasn't because he was a Republican.
Those people voted for trump, not his party.

+36 more 
posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 11:51 AM
link   
9 days left.

And Pelosi couldn't get any help for the out of work Americans for months, but they can impeach a President who will be gone in 9 days. If the masses ever pull their heads from their asses long enough to realize this, we might see big trouble in little China.

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 11:54 AM
link   

I think what they are really doing with this is check how much support they can get from Republicans now. How many will become RINO.

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

As for his followers, well, the Republican Party does not need them.

You got anymore of that stuff you’re smoking?

+6 more 
link   

I didn't think their excuses for impeachment could get more ridiculous than the last, then dems went full troll. Insurrection.... SMDH

link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Yay!

Trump got ten million votes more than he did last time and it wasn't because he was a Republican.

Looks like it's time for a 4th party. I'm a Libertarian and we can't get enough votes to get a volleyball team together.

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Personally I think it's kind of pointless to do this with 9 days left in Trump's term.

Nancy stated that she wanted Trump to be impeached so that he could not run for president again. I'm assuming she's assuming that if they can successfully impeach him again, that this time the Senate can also remove him from office and prevent him from running again in 2024.

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 11:57 AM
link   
They are not truly scared of what Trump will do in the whole 8 1/2 days he has left in office. This is not even about "justice". This is nothing more than sharks smelling blood in the water and them trying for a Hail Mary to keep Trump from attempting to return in 2024. That's it. They have no qualms about spending millions of dollars of taxpayer money in a last ditch effort to keep that from happening. Oh... and some public virtue signaling. Gotta make sure the folks see you outraged.
edit on 1/11/2021 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

Personally I think it's kind of pointless to do this with 9 days left in Trump's term. What happens if Trump's term ends while proceedings are still going?

I thought the idea was to stop him from getting pension and security detail for the rest of his life.

+6 more 
posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

The republican party sank right along with the Democrat party between 16 and 20. It's Patriots vs NWO now. Choose a side, the two parties are all but finished.

link   

It will also be interesting to see how McConnell approaches this impeachment compared to the last one. He's none too happy with Trump's antics.

It won't get to the Senate before Biden's inauguration. By that time Schumer will be in charge. Minority Whip Clayborn has suggested that Speaker Pelosi wait 100s day into Biden's administration before sending the Articles of Impeachment over to the Senate for trial, to let Biden get critical stuff, like cabinet confirmations the COVID response in place before the Senate trial.
edit on 11-1-2021 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: Boadicea
Wouldn't that be political agenda then an actual crime?

Coming from the same lady that refused help all year suddenly changed her tune when "theres a new president" or "arrows still left in our quiver"?

link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Yay!

Looks like it's time for a 4th party. I'm a Libertarian and we can't get enough votes to get a volleyball team together.

I agree.

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

I think what they are really doing with this is check how much support they can get from Republicans now. How many will become RINO.

That and stopping Trump from a 2024 run. He'll expose democrats and republicans for 4 solid years.

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Good. Good. Good. Impeachment is best way to depowering Trump

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Funny thing is when they tried to take over the military and take the nuclear codes they where the ones committing insurrection

Bit like blaming Russia and selling them wepons grade full

Pure asshole moves

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nivhk
a reply to: Boadicea
Wouldn't that be political agenda then an actual crime?

Well, technically, it could be both. There is no legally binding definition for "high crimes and misdemeanors," which is the only standard for impeachment. So while critters could easily find pretty much anything a "high crime" or a "misdemeanor" to impeach a president, they do not necessarily need to impeach for an actual codified crime.

Coming from the same lady that refused help all year suddenly changed her tune when "theres a new president" or "arrows still left in our quiver"?

That's our Nan!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join