It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sooooo, why get the vaccine?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: pryed -eyed-one
Do not get this vaccine my friends. You don’t want your body producing proteins it never has before, for any reason what so ever you don’t want that. Vaccines before werent that. They introduce your body to a harmless amount of whatever or a less harmful variant of it so your body would recognize it later and fight it off immediately. This vaccine changes your cells and fundamentally makes you a genetically modified organism. There is no reason this would work. Save yourself and do not take this vaccine

This is utter horse#.

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: jtma508
In fairness, this vaccine is an mRNA vaccine (like rabies and zika), whereas the flu vaccines are live virus, and operates similar to those descriptions or defenses given in earlier comments. According to this site...

www.genome.gov...

The mRNA is altered in order to "teach" the body to fight something it wouldn't otherwise know to fight. mRNA traverses the in/out of the nucleus. So actually, YES, it does change your genetics.

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: jtma508
Where TF did you come up with this? Are you suggesting the vaccine will CAUSE mutations?

I’m guessing reading comprehension is not your forte? No where did I say or imply the vaccine will cause mutations. How on Earth did you get that assumption??

You're talking out of your ass.

Had I said or implied what you have misinterpreted, then yes, I would have been.

Viruses mutate. Period. It's all probability. The more replications there are the higher the probability for mutations. The ONLY way to slow the rate of mutations is to slow the rate of replications which can only happen when there are fewer infections.

Hum.. Yes. That’s exactly what I said.

Had you actually read what I said, being vaccinated helps to REDUCE the spread of infection, thereby the chances of a human host allowing the virus to replicate over and over where the probability of it mutating into something worse is lower.

Translation: more vaccination means less transmission, means less chance of the virus mutating.

I’m confused as to how you COMPLETELY misread my post. O_o
edit on 11-1-2021 by noonebutme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978
I agree totally. It is a race against time, and the way this Government has handled this pandemic doesn’t fill me with any confidence in them being able to meet the challenge, unfortunately.

Sigh. Yeh. They had so many chances and so many examples of HOW to better handle the situation and they still f**k it up each time.

Having said that, the ‘online vaccine calculate’ (more a joke calculator to be honest) originally estimated me getting the vaccination around July 2022. Now its August 2021. So... Somewhat of an improvement..?

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: TomServo

I have 2 people very close to me who are very high risk. I myself have an amazing immune system and rarely get ill last time was a nasty strain of Coronavirus in 2008. I'd likely be asymptomatic and I would rather be safe than sorry.

We can only go by our own experience and I've had a few vaccines over the years and not one has effected me adversely.

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

We allegedly have the worst Covid rates in the world.

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 03:14 PM
link   
You are going to take it if they have to lock you up and force it on you so be it but you are going to take it the easy way or the hard way and nobody is going to help you fight.

link   
You are going to take it if they have to lock you up and force it on you so be it but you are going to take it the easy way or the hard way and nobody is going to help you fight.

link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
What about having a vaccine when you already have immunity? Another thing with this lockdown:- my friend and his wife have showed positive for Covid, his last day of isolation is today. But what he wants to know is how have he and his wife got Covid when they have both been in isolation for 6 weeks? How have they got infected when they have never interacted with anybody?

They must have interacted with someone. How did they get fresh food into the house. Did they burn their mail without even touching it.

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: jtma508

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978
That makes sense to me. The vaccine doesn’t stop you from contracting Covid, but it should reduce the effects of the disease and reduce the numbers having to be admitted to hospital.

That's not true. Once you have received both shots your body will produce sufficient antibodies to prevent you from getting infected. The antibodies bind to the incoming virus preventing its ability to bind to potential host cells. That's how vaccines work: Stimulate the production of specific antibodies which target the virus and block it.

Except the flu vaccine is short-lived and people still get sick.

We've seen statements from the medical community saying it's not effective for everyone, that some who get this vaccine will still get Covid though they may have only minor symptoms, that when it does work it may only be for a few months, there are a lot of unknowns with it right now. He's not wrong.

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: jtma508

Well done sir, you are making these anti-vaxxers look like the completely thick mongrels they are!

Couldn’t care less if you do or don’t take the vaccine, but please leave your Twitter education at the door!

Some of the responses are an embarrassment to the education system you visited.

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: HalWesten

Absolutely correct, how can a body produce antibodies with adaptive immunity without exposure? Especially long term immunity going on months or years. That’s not how the immune system works at all. The vaccine will not prevent you from becoming infected with, sharing or developing symptoms.

Respiratory diseases are extremely challenging, an antibody response means you are sick, well usually. You will just keep it in the upper respiratory tract instead of developing severe disease. Virus infects cell, cell gets nuked by innate immune response, antigen presenting cells clean up and present viral components to lymph nodes, T cells get activated and undergo clonal expansion, plasma cells turn into B cells and secrete antibodies. Then you clear the infection.

Vaccines just speed it up and give your immune system the blueprints of the invader. So these memory B and T cells help you skip a few steps, but only if they come into contact with each other which will still probably happen in lymphatic tissue and not the site of exposure. There is still risk of autoimmune, immune enhancement and severe reactions. Make an educated decision with your healthcare provider based on the risk of the vaccine and the risk of the virus.

I got my vaccine last week, wasn’t the best and wasn’t the worst vaccine I have gotten.
edit on 11-1-2021 by TheAMEDDDoc because: Spelling on iPhone....

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: pryed -eyed-one

Just to clarify, this is exactly how every vaccine works. Every exposure, every environmental change, every signal stimulates a cell to produce a protein in response whether it’s in the target cell or another cell down the line. The genetic material in this vaccine cannot transport to the nucleus to change your genome. It is not a DNA binding protein, it is not a transcription regulator and it lacks a nuclear localization signal. You need a key to get into the nucleus and traffic is highly regulated.

The potential epigenetic changes from SARS-CoV-2 can be far worse and actually change your gene expression. Everything from abnormal proteins, unfolded protein response, immune suppression, inflammation and increased secretion. mRNA is broken down quickly after being translated to protein to prevent issues through a genetic defense mechanism known as RNA interference in our cells. You’ll clear it in a day once cells take it in or it breaks down in tissue.
edit on 11-1-2021 by TheAMEDDDoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 10:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Forensick
You literally said nothing of any substance. Only ridiculed most of the commenters, apparently without reading any of those comments. REJECTED!!

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 02:04 AM
link   
I honestly think this vaccine is going to kill a lot of people. I think it's a terrible idea, they are irreversibly genetically modifying your dna. It will cause a cytokine storm the next time you are infected with the virus and kill you.

its already happening. This is the article Ron Paul was banned from twitter for posting.

article

This is going to be the biggest # up in medical history and will make people question everything they think they know about the medical system.

Also three of my friends and the girl i've been hooking up with just got covid. I am completely fine. I was hanging out with them while they were sick. I've been tested and I am negative. I attribute it to vitamin d vitamin c and chaga.

No way in hell im getting the vaccine. It's hard for me to deny that this entire thing is a depopulation agenda/ Fed buying up the world agenda.

Good times ahead!
edit on 12-1-2021 by booyakasha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 02:57 AM
link   
originally posted by: booyakasha

I honestly think this vaccine is going to kill a lot of people. I think it's a terrible idea, they are irreversibly genetically modifying your dna. It will cause a cytokine storm the next time you are infected with the virus and kill you.

What is this based on? I’ve been searching medical journals and cannot find any documents about it. Can you link some please?

its already happening. This is the article Ron Paul was banned from twitter for posting.

An ‘article’ from the RonPaul Institute. Wow. Sounds very...unbiased and scientific.

This is going to be the biggest # up in medical history and will make people question everything they think they know about the medical system.

No, that would have been the American POTUS medical staff allowing Captain Orange to stay in office suggesting his fellow Americans inject disinfectant to combat Covid.

Also three of my friends and the girl i've been hooking up with just got covid. I am completely fine. I was hanging out with them while they were sick. I've been tested and I am negative. I attribute it to vitamin d vitamin c and chaga.

Could be. Or, more likely, you’re asymptomatic.

No way in hell im getting the vaccine. It's hard for me to deny that this entire thing is a depopulation agenda/ Fed buying up the world agenda.

How can it be a depop agenda? COVID doesn’t care about your wealth or status; it doesn’t choose who to infect. So if you’re incorrect assumption were true, then even the made up and fictitious ‘elites’ of the world or the NWO or the Illuminaughty, would also contract it.

And let’s be honest - if these made up groups did exist, they’d no doubt have a very high percentage of older people, meaning they are far more likely to die.

Sounds like a pretty sh*t depop weapon.

edit on 12-1-2021 by noonebutme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Iam not an anti vaccine person

But they way they have rushed this out is wrong imo

If the Government Revokes the Indemnity Clause for Cov 19 Sars2 vaccines

I might consider it.... MIGHT..

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: noonebutme
"An ‘article’ from the RonPaul Institute. Wow. Sounds very...unbiased and scientific."

Well, he's an obstetrician and gynecologist, and a libertarian. Probably the most intelligent presidential candidate ever in the history of US. But our country doesn't value that, so he never got a fair shake.
Anyway, what's your "unbiased" AND "scientific" reference? Can't just pick one, gotta be both scientific and unbiased! This should be interesting...

PS, if you had read ANY of my comments in this post, you would know you can't get away with the rhetoric you baseslessly spewed.

link

edit on 12-1-2021 by TomServo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: TomServo

Which baselessly spewed rhetoric are you referring to? The opinion i stated against the baseless ‘depopulation’ agenda claim, for which there is nothing but fringe conspiracy theories and nothing else?

Or against the belief that the vaccine will kill lots of people and that it’s a terrible idea?

Or against the belief that the vaccine will be the greatest screw up in medical history?

Or my statement about the benefits of vaccinations, or how viruses mutate and why it’s important to BE vaccinated and follow it through?

Pick one, there’s many to choose from. The claims I’m arguing against are far more baseless and merely conspiracy drivel without a shred of evidence.

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: noonebutme
Before I address any of those ( for the sake of staying on topic) did you read any of the content in any of the links I've provided AND understand the info? Do you understand the difference between mRNA vaccines and live virus vaccines? Y'all, please please please stop referencing flu, MMR, and all the other infant/child live virus vaccines I know you're talking about.

mRNA 101

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join