It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sooooo, why get the vaccine?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Many around are asking "you getting the vaccine??", to which I reply "nah, I don't think it's ready and vetted well enough yet". Now don't get me wrong, I fully support vaccinations. But it takes years to work out the kinks, and this one isn't ready. The only attractive thing about it at the moment would be No More Facemasks, and hopefully life back to some level of normal, at least for me, right? But that got me thinking, with all the left's hammering into our heads, "get your vaccines, otherwise you're an idiot". But I can't help but notice, all these libtards who continue to wear their masks after receiving the vaccine, which prompted me to search for and find THIS article...

www.forbes.com...

So, reading through those five points, my question to you ATS is... what's the purpose of getting THIS vaccine. Do the possible benefits outweigh the probable risks?
edit on 11-1-2021 by TomServo because: Undo autocorrect

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 11:04 AM
link   
That makes sense to me. The vaccine doesn’t stop you from contracting Covid, but it should reduce the effects of the disease and reduce the numbers having to be admitted to hospital. Well, that’s what they are claiming anyway.

So, until herd immunity has been established, the wearing of masks and social distancing rules will still apply.

The situation is pretty grim here in the U.K and everybody seems to be putting their hopes on the vaccine, but only time will tell.

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978
That makes sense to me. The vaccine doesn’t stop you from contracting Covid, but it should reduce the effects of the disease and reduce the numbers having to be admitted to hospital.

That's not true. Once you have received both shots your body will produce sufficient antibodies to prevent you from getting infected. The antibodies bind to the incoming virus preventing its ability to bind to potential host cells. That's how vaccines work: Stimulate the production of specific antibodies which target the virus and block it.

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: TomServo

Viruses are going to mutate. The longer and wider an epidemic runs the greater the number of viral replications and the higher the probability of mutations. Most mutations stop the virus but some make it worse. That's what they're working to prevent. Not only will the vaccine protect you but it will also reduce your ability to transmit the virus. One less vector.

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 11:21 AM
link   
What about having a vaccine when you already have immunity? Another thing with this lockdown:- my friend and his wife have showed positive for Covid, his last day of isolation is today. But what he wants to know is how have he and his wife got Covid when they have both been in isolation for 6 weeks? How have they got infected when they have never interacted with anybody?

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: jtma508
So is a healthy life style.

Look at what it binds to, change your lifestyle, don't open the front door and give it a couch to lay on. Not talking about masks.

In two posts you say it mutates and then the vaccine makes you more "immune".

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 11:25 AM
link   

I got the vaccine because I have an underlying condition that if I were to get COVID it could turn really bad for me.

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 11:25 AM
link   

I know how vaccines work, but the articles I have read suggest that you could still contract the virus, because the antibodies attacks the protein surrounding the virus, it may be totally effective in some people, not so with others.

This paragraph has been taken from the U.K website relating to the vaccine.

Will the vaccine protect you? The COVID-19 vaccine that you have had has been shown to reduce the chance of you suffering from COVID-19 disease. Each vaccine has been tested in more than 20,000 people in several different countries and shown to be safe. It may take a week or two for your body to build up some protection from the first dose of vaccine. Like all medicines, no vaccine is completely effective, so you should continue to take recommended precautions to avoid infection. Some people may still get COVID-19 despite having a vaccination, but this should be less severe.

www.gov.uk...

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Agreed. I’m down the list for mine in the UK but will get it asap. It’s quite sad that given the amount of literature and knowledge on how successful vaccination programs are (ie, smallpox, polio, etc) and what happens when people stop using them (ie: resurgence of of measles in some places in the US), people are willing to take chances.

The worry is the more people who are fearing the vaccines for no reason gives the virus more opportunities to mutate into a form that the vaccine no longer works against.

Or i suppose, if govt vaccination programs are too slow and people don’t’ get the second bump, an escape variant could be devastating

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 11:28 AM
link   

1. I need one more layer of protection in order to restart my food delivery part time job.

2. Wife and kids will see if it's ok once I take the vaccine.

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

Because everyone's immune system works differently. Some people have robust immune systems, others not so much. And there are people with suppressed immune systems (either from medication or disease).

ALL vaccines target some part of the protein capsule. The part chosen depends upon its stability and role in the virus' ability to enter a cell.

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Fauci even said that until 90% of Americans take the vaccine, we will still need to wear masks and social distance.

Sorry y'all, I am not taking it.

Face mask it is. Who knows if I will ever get to work on deck again or be working crew for any shows.

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 11:38 AM
link   

So the advice being given is to continue to take recommended precautions to avoid infection, which is what the O.P is questioning.

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 11:42 AM
link   

True. I have a friend with psoriasis. Poor guy went to self quarantine last year just after first Rona death in my job. It took a while to get tested and back to work for him.

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Yeh, even with the vaccines, I can’t see precautions being lifted anytime soon.

I think we’d need to see something dramatic, like the COVID rates plumitting across the globe, which we haven’t.

And worryingly, the longer until we have people around the world being vaccinated in order to help prevent infection, the more chances we have of it mutating into a strain far worse. Look at the new more transmissible one here in the UK and now the one in South Africa. It’s inevitable; given the millions of copies of the virus replicating in a single human host, multiplied by the number of infected people worldwide, it’s only a matter of time before a virus replication mutation results in a strain that is truly worse.

hence why the vaccination is so important - if it can reduce the number of people being infected, it reduces the chances of the virus mutating into something far more dangerous.

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 12:08 PM
link   
The companies that make the vaccines have stated even before it's approval that it does not keep people from getting the disease and spreading it for a few days while the immune system ramps up and kills it. It does lessen the severity of the disease for many people which is actually good, especially when so many people in this country are taking some sorts of meds that mess up our immune response to this disease.

Also our diet is not that great which increases our susceptability and chemicals have increased ten fold in our food supply and they have only been tested as to their effect as a stand alone additive or to already known and accepted side effects. Nobody is testing these things as to unknown or foreseen tests on people.

This jump in chemistry that was approved by the FDA without them actually doing testing over the last four and a half years makes me more skeptical of their integrity. No evidence that something is bad does not mean it is safe, some of this chemistry can effect immunity in various ways.

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: noonebutme

Yeh, even with the vaccines, I can’t see precautions being lifted anytime soon.

I think we’d need to see something dramatic, like the COVID rates plumitting across the globe, which we haven’t.

And worryingly, the longer until we have people around the world being vaccinated in order to help prevent infection, the more chances we have of it mutating into a strain far worse. Look at the new more transmissible one here in the UK and now the one in South Africa. It’s inevitable; given the millions of copies of the virus replicating in a single human host, multiplied by the number of infected people worldwide, it’s only a matter of time before a virus replication mutation results in a strain that is truly worse.

hence why the vaccination is so important - if it can reduce the number of people being infected, it reduces the chances of the virus mutating into something far more dangerous.

I agree totally. It is a race against time, and the way this Government has handled this pandemic doesn’t fill me with any confidence in them being able to meet the challenge, unfortunately.

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 12:21 PM
link   
The people who claim that you’re an idiot if you refuse the China-virus vaccine....

are wearing masks while they drive alone in a car

I won’t be getting the vaccine.

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Do not get this vaccine my friends. You don’t want your body producing proteins it never has before, for any reason what so ever you don’t want that. Vaccines before werent that. They introduce your body to a harmless amount of whatever or a less harmful variant of it so your body would recognize it later and fight it off immediately. This vaccine changes your cells and fundamentally makes you a genetically modified organism. There is no reason this would work. Save yourself and do not take this vaccine

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: noonebutme
And worryingly, the longer until we have people around the world being vaccinated in order to help prevent infection, the more chances we have of it mutating into a strain far worse.

Where TF did you come up with this? Are you suggesting the vaccine will CAUSE mutations? You're talking out of your ass. Viruses mutate. Period. It's all probability. The more replications there are the higher the probability for mutations. The ONLY way to slow the rate of mutations is to slow the rate of replications which can only happen when there are fewer infections.

edit on 11-1-2021 by jtma508 because: (no reason given)

<<   2  3  4 >>

join