It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2022 PGA Championship pulled from Trump course - PGA of America

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2021 @ 11:25 PM
link   

"It has become clear that conducting the PGA Championship at Trump Bedminster would be detrimental to the PGA of America brand and would put at risk the PGA's ability to deliver our many programs and sustain the longevity of our mission," Richerson added in a video posted on the organization's website.

Source

This is one of the many examples of how being a social pariah can backfire, not just politically but socially as well as financially. It’s important to note that there is no freedom from social accountability.

We will see these situations continue, and many people calling it censorship or whatever, when in reality it’s just that society and business has had enough.

This is going to really hurt the pockets of the Trump family.

posted on Jan, 10 2021 @ 11:30 PM
link   
a reply to: HunkaHunka

4D Golf - all part of the plan

Sliced it right into the bunker...

posted on Jan, 10 2021 @ 11:33 PM
link   
a reply to: HunkaHunka

You would have been a good hitler recruit with that mentality. Imagine how those pesky jews were talking bad about hitler or those that opposed hitler, good thing hitler was able to censor them, right. I mean censorship or whatever.

How about some good old fashion book burnings too, you down for that ?trump gotz books you know?

How about a list of trump supporters, am i right.? Hitler had one

Isn't awesome to see how corporations are more powerful than the president and can even destroy a president, it gives all the warm and fuzzy doesn't it.

Yeah im sure you will always agree with those corporations who after all have what is best for you in their hearts. Certainly they won't use or abuse their powers against you , even if they need to make more money for infinity to survive and appease their board of directors.
Im sure they will stop with orange man and republicans.

edit on 13131America/ChicagoMon, 11 Jan 2021 00:13:32 -0600000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

edit on 19131America/ChicagoMon, 11 Jan 2021 00:19:45 -0600000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2021 @ 11:37 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

So you don’t believe in accountability either?

posted on Jan, 10 2021 @ 11:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: HunkaHunka

So you don’t believe in accountability either?

Yes via courts not corporate vigilante

posted on Jan, 10 2021 @ 11:40 PM
link   

It’s important to note that there is no freedom from social accountability.

Is there only one source of social accountability?

The left should be very careful what they wish for.

posted on Jan, 10 2021 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Trump will probably save a lot of money by them pulling out. I bet he will save a million bucks if they don't stay there, all the free rooms for all the people running the event and probably even free meals for the top people sure isn't cheap. Also think of all the extra help he would have to get there. I would never do that if I had money, he has not had enough income from the golf courses this year to justify blowing a million bucks kissing up to those people

posted on Jan, 10 2021 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Another entity that has exposed themselves as hysterical snowflakes, I’ll never watch golf again.

posted on Jan, 10 2021 @ 11:47 PM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

You just made me spit out my Woodford Reserve!!!

posted on Jan, 10 2021 @ 11:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam

It’s important to note that there is no freedom from social accountability.

Is there only one source of social accountability?

The left should be very careful what they wish for.

They are to emotional short term thinkers to see how giving corporate america the power to censor and destroy people is a bad idea that will come back to destroy them aswell.

Being a foreign born hispanic in a quasi communist dictatorship country i saw the power of censorship firsthand. I also experienced first hand as a kid the fear to speak freely in an environment where there wasnt freedom of speech and i can assure you that is no way to live.

You never want to be a parent that has to put the fear into your child to always go along with what the system says and dont question things. This is where censorship and removing of freedom of speech will take you

My parents had to do that to me and that is something i would never would want to do to my child as i know first hand how living in fear feels. That is also why i as a hispanic would fight to the death to make sure that the kkk idiots have the right to speak freely.

edit on 47131America/ChicagoMon, 11 Jan 2021 01:47:26 -0600000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2021 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Trump still has 75 million+ friends so don’t count him out just yet. I would love to have dinner with the man and his family.

posted on Jan, 10 2021 @ 11:57 PM
link   
It's nothing to do with free speech but a lot to do with the free market. a reply to: interupt42

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 12:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: ras321
It's nothing to do with free speech but a lot to do with the free market. a reply to: interupt42

Its not a free market when you have an oligarch (twiiter,fb,google,amzon,etc) forcing another business (parler) to think like them or elses.

Also you have more than 80+ million telling the market they dont want censorship. Why cant the market cater to them?

It became full on censorship and suppressing freedom of speech the minute they forced other business to think like them or else. That wasnt the market that was a system silencing differing opinions.
edit on 16131America/ChicagoMon, 11 Jan 2021 00:16:17 -0600000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 12:02 AM
link   

100%.

I guess some people will have to have a similar experience before they realize the hell they're visiting upon us all.

So disappointed.

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 12:16 AM
link   
No the free market is demanding it. They would lose way more customers and business if they hadn't pulled the plug. This is strictly business. a reply to: interupt42

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 12:18 AM
link   
‘Social accountability’

A gutless, non-existent notion of the pathetic left?

Or fascism?

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 12:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: ras321
No the free market is demanding it. They would lose way more customers and business if they hadn't pulled the plug. This is strictly business. a reply to: interupt42

If you think the US is a free market vs an oligarch controlled market then its no wonder you are so misinformed in what is happening.

The only customers they would lose and were losing, were the millions that were leaving twitter for a free uncensored parler platform. That is what the market was dictating and they stopped it.

Also They would have not lost any lefty customers because twitter,fb,ig,etc are already censoring all the scary stuff for them. So why would soy boy with hurt feelz have to leave ? Even if they wanted where are they going? As for amazon it would have little impact because of lack of competition aswell . Look at all the hate already for Amazon for pay and work conditions and not a drop in customer, but orangeman bad is what dictate the market for them.? Yeah right lol

This whole pga thing is more intimidation tactics to forced group think. I wouldnt be surprised this blows up in their face as many trump fans are golfers , i would say far more than tight wearing jean types,
edit on 57131America/ChicagoMon, 11 Jan 2021 00:57:08 -0600000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 12:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
Trump still has 75 million+ friends so don’t count him out just yet. I would love to have dinner with the man and his family.

I'm sure you'd like more than just dinner

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Oh yeah the American people are not gonna stand for this anymore. The oligarchs hands have been forced.
Trump has been violating twitter for years but now finally they do the right thing. Not cause they care but because they have no choice. They are succumbing to we the people not the deep state. a reply to: interupt42

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 12:56 AM
link   
“We” the leftist people

“We don’t like that he has a different opinion than the people who own the mainstream media, we think nobody at all should be allowed to voice a difference of opinion, we’re glad the owners of large social media platforms are there to ensure only one single viewpoint or opinion can be voiced”

top topics

<<   2 >>

join