It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The right silenced our voices

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2021 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Long before the election, many of my friends who self-identify as conservatives told me time and time again that whenever I brought an article from CNN, NYT or WaPo that it was nonsense without reading it.

So then I began bringing articles from DrudeReport, FoxNews and WSJ. Again these were derided as tools of the MSM.

Unless it came from Alex Jones, Brietbart, OAN, NewsMax or the like, it wasn’t even allowed in the discussion.

It seems ironic now to hear all of them decrying having their voices silenced when they wouldn’t even allow any voice outside their echo chamber to be admitted as evidence in any discussion....

Why all this projection?

+59 more 
posted on Jan, 10 2021 @ 11:04 PM
link   
a reply to: HunkaHunka

So basically, people said things that hurt your feelings and that you equate to censorship?

posted on Jan, 10 2021 @ 11:07 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Not at all... feelings weren’t hurt... but they stopped listening to anything that wasn’t supporting their outlandish narrative by following a genetic fallacy and excluding all forms of common conservative media.

+44 more 
posted on Jan, 10 2021 @ 11:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: HunkaHunka

Not at all... feelings weren’t hurt... but they stopped listening to anything that wasn’t supporting their outlandish narrative by following a genetic fallacy and excluding all forms of common conservative media.

Free speech does not obligate anyone to listen.

Grow a pair.

posted on Jan, 10 2021 @ 11:10 PM
link   

+34 more 
posted on Jan, 10 2021 @ 11:11 PM
link   

I'm sorry but when did ignoring something become censorship, or silencing if you prefer...???

Silencing would be forbidding you to say anything contrary to whatever narrative is out there...kicking Trump off of social media as a sterling example of such...wouldn't you agree??

posted on Jan, 10 2021 @ 11:13 PM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

Nope.

Decent against an opinion is welcome. Whether I agree, or disagree.

posted on Jan, 10 2021 @ 11:15 PM
link   
When Trump wanted to revoke NBC and CNN broadcasting license the Trumpsters were cheering and celebrating.
Hell, many of them wanted to send out firing squads to execute journalists.

Now their whining over Trump being banned from social media and crying censorship.

True deplorables.

edit on 10-1-2021 by XCrycek because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2021 @ 11:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: RazorV66

Nope.

Decent against an opinion is welcome. Whether I agree, or disagree.

I know...I was being sarcastic about his rapid fire thread posting about Leftist dysfunction.

posted on Jan, 10 2021 @ 11:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Grow a pair.

So, because they wouldn't pay attention to the left-wing news sources that you think they should have listened to, they were "silencing your voices"?

Yeah, uh ... Have your folks been banned from social media platforms yet?

Poor baby ...

posted on Jan, 10 2021 @ 11:18 PM
link   

So basically, people said things that hurt your feelings and that you equate to censorship?

Hey, DBC, your signature line says "Obey the Biden Administration."

Don't mean to be pedantic, but shouldn't that be, "Obey the Harris Administration?"

posted on Jan, 10 2021 @ 11:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv

Grow a pair.

So, because they wouldn't pay attention to the left-wing news sources that you think they should have listened to, they were "silencing your voices"?

No

Not me, but I'm very neutral on Facebook

Poor baby ...

Thank you, will you stroke my forehead and tell me it's going to be okay?

+6 more 
posted on Jan, 10 2021 @ 11:21 PM
link   
A troll post if I ever saw one.

Oh wait...am I silencing you?

posted on Jan, 10 2021 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Hey, DBC, your signature line says "Obey the Biden Administration."

Don't mean to be pedantic, but shouldn't that be, "Obey the Harris Administration?"

Not yet.

posted on Jan, 10 2021 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Genetic fallacy?

Huh?

posted on Jan, 10 2021 @ 11:35 PM
link   
It left wing... they wouldn’t even listen to Fox, or WSJ

Grow a pair.

Poor baby ...

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 10 2021 @ 11:37 PM
link   

...that it was nonsense without reading it.

Sums up your threads, nicely.

posted on Jan, 10 2021 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Long before the election, many of my friends who self-identify as conservatives told me time and time again that whenever I brought an article from CNN, NYT or WaPo that it was nonsense without reading it.

So then I began bringing articles from DrudeReport, FoxNews and WSJ. Again these were derided as tools of the MSM.

Unless it came from Alex Jones, Brietbart, OAN, NewsMax or the like, it wasn’t even allowed in the discussion.

It seems ironic now to hear all of them decrying having their voices silenced when they wouldn’t even allow any voice outside their echo chamber to be admitted as evidence in any discussion....

Why all this projection?
is your friend Zuckerberg?

No? Oh. Well then. Quit crying

posted on Jan, 10 2021 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Boo hoo

Poor hard-done-by leftists. Imagine being banned, doxxed, silenced and marginalised.

How ever did you bare it?

posted on Jan, 10 2021 @ 11:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Breakthestreak

Well those are proper recourses for sedition and crushing a cop

<<   2  3 >>

join