It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mozilla Foundation CEO: We Need More Than Deplatforming

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2021 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Mozilla Foundation CEO: We need more than deplatforming

I've been using Mosaic/Mozilla browsers in some form or another since Netscape 0.9 in 1994, and despite some rocky roads, I've stuck with them due to a combination of inertia and general satisfaction with them. Up until now, I haven't had much cause to be concerned about the ethics of the various companies and foundations behind the software, but this changes all that.

It's not so much a matter of politics per se, but rather than I cannot trust anyone who openly calls for this sort of Orwellian reign of terror, and cannot in good conscience associate myself with any organization committed to promoting and perpetuating censorship and oppression on the Internet -- particularly when its own manifesto simultaneously declares "The internet is a global public resource that must remain open and accessible."

Hypocrisy on such a fundamental scale is a big flashing warning sign to run -- not walk -- away, so I'm looking for a browser that can serve as my new window on the Internet.

I'm being deliberately vague on technical specifications because I'm open to a wide range of options, and although I'm requesting suggestions for new browsers, I'm also interested in any opinions my fellow ATSers may wish to share regarding the accelerating shift from libertarianism to totalitarianism on the part of the Mozilla Foundation and other technology companies.

What say you?

posted on Jan, 10 2021 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Majic

Isn't there a way to cut off the internet, like they do in North Korea, Iran, CHINA? Did anyone ask former VP Al Gore? He claims to have invented the Internet.

We're going to need that ability, according to the incoming Biden Administration.

+10 more 
posted on Jan, 10 2021 @ 10:43 AM
link   

I am enjoying watching the hidden big tech companies out themselves!

Free Speech is to be defended, not hated. We are truly getting a look behind the veil of indoctrination that has resulted in so many to fight against their own rights.

Looking forward to Mozilla getting myspaced.
edit on America/ChicagoSundayAmerica/Chicago01America/Chicago131amSunday11 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2021 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Well, time to use an alternate browser.

See you in hell.

posted on Jan, 10 2021 @ 10:44 AM
link   

The impulse existed at Mozilla since they hounded out a former CEO for having donated to a political cause that was not PC years before he ever worked there.

+12 more 
posted on Jan, 10 2021 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Fascism is far more popular than I ever gave it credit for. That's the explanation.

When Antifa engages in fascistic tactics on the streets of America and online they are cheered on. When their corporations couple themselves to our government and usurp our rights, they cheer.

Americans love fascism. It's far more popular than I ever thought possible and all they had to do was make us fat and comfortable and tie that comfort to their profit margin.
edit on 1 10 2021 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Jan, 10 2021 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

I don't think it's that Americans love fascism so much as that the left has convinced Americans that they could not ever possibly be fascist. Then they quietly hook up with the big corporations who agree to work for them in exchange for political immunity (textbook fascism). Then they convince their legions that it's within the rights of private companies to censor as they like.

Fascism, in other words, serves their immediate needs and goals, but so long as no one sees the fascism hidden behind the curtain ... It can't happen here.

edit on 10-1-2021 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2021 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Same.

Since Netscape Navigator.

Uninstalling Firefox on my WinTel machines now.

No biggie, plenty to choose from.

Running Chromium on Linux currently, i'll stick with this.

Makes it easy on the Government, having all the Corps. do the dirty work.

Basically, they are advocating a complete Doxxing of all Conservatives.

What comes after the Doxxing? The next step, of course, harassment by 3 letter agencies..

edit on 1/10/2021 by MykeNukem because: eh?

posted on Jan, 10 2021 @ 10:49 AM
link   
America really needs a corporate treason and sedition act, as well as an agency whose sole purpose is to monitor major corporate entities and their leadership for even the smallest of violations.

Making lobbying by monied interests an act of subversion for both the lobbyist and official would also go a long way.
edit on 1012021 by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

+12 more 
posted on Jan, 10 2021 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

You hear it all the time from the fascists on ATS. "It's a private corporation, they can do what ever they want. " "Welcome to capitalism," they chide, while ignoring the biggest holes in those arguments.

Chief among them is the nightmarish dystopian partnership between the state and corporate power that even Mussolini clearly states was the best descriptor of a fascist state.

They seem to ignore that in order to make their second argument that this is just "capitalism" at work. How utterly ignorant to conflate capitalism with fascism just to escape the reality they've created.

edit on 1 10 2021 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2021 @ 10:52 AM
link   

If this was a larp, what are they all afraid of?

+5 more 
link   
Deplatform anyone I don't like because they are literally Hitler.

What a great Timeline.

link   

I noticed that something was up with Mozilla several months ago as in they are going over the deep end to access my personal records, etc. Of course they ask me for permission.

At that time I also noticed they seem entangled with Google to grab our stuff. Even TOR is somewhat compromised.

I am at the point of just using the actual DuckDuckGo Browser and delete Firefox in its entirety.

That's assuming if I am allowed to!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jan, 10 2021 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Promotes Censorship and Bigotry.
Just UNINSTALLED it.

posted on Jan, 10 2021 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
Deplatform anyone I don't like because they are literally Hitler.

What a great Timeline.

The establishment making themselves the victim and attacking mostly the working class.

posted on Jan, 10 2021 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Have been using Brave for 90 percent of browsing.

Looks like it'll be 100% now

posted on Jan, 10 2021 @ 10:55 AM
link   

From your link this goal sounded reasonable but "transparency" usually doesn't fly for truthers.

Commit to meaningful transparency of platform algorithms so we know how and what content is being amplified, to whom, and the associated impact.

Are they talking about implementing more parental style controls for future Mozilla?

posted on Jan, 10 2021 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Likewise.

At least that way I am compensated for exposure to ads.

posted on Jan, 10 2021 @ 10:56 AM
link   
They came for Alex Jones and everyone said he deserved it, here we go, warp speed.

posted on Jan, 10 2021 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
a reply to: ketsuko

You hear it all the time from the fascists on ATS. "It's a private corporation, they can do what ever they want. " "Welcome to capitalism," they chide, while ignoring the biggest holes in those arguments.

Chief among them is the nightmarish dystopian partnership between the state and corporate power that even Mussolini clearly states was the best descriptor of a fascist state.

They seem to ignore that in order to make their second argument that this is just "capitalism" at work. How utterly ignorant to conflate capitalism with fascism just to escape the reality they've created.

It’s even worse than Mussolini’s Fascism.

Under Italian Fascism corporations were meant to be totally subservient to the state. You did what the government said or you were in trouble. The state was to represent all interests, and protect those interests from other ones.

During my student days i would say this is exactly the outcome that Marx warned about in late stage capitalism. Almost totally identical state of affairs.

I doubt Marx envisioned his own ideology being co-opted by those very capitalist interests, however.

People were warned that America would become a full blown authoritarian corporate oligarchy for decades, and here we are.
edit on 1012021 by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

<<   2  3  4 >>

join