It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Government Troll Training Programme.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 06:49 AM
link   

"Intelligence officials should infiltrate online forums and chat rooms focusing on 'conspiracy theory' communities"

Cass Sunstein - Lawyer / Obama Admin 'Office of Information'

Realize the topic of CoIntelpro has been brought up a fair few times on these boards but when discussing potential nefarious government action I still get amazed when some folks say their government 'wouldn't do that sort of thing'.

Some good examples here, here and here and when it comes to distortion, deflection, suppression or just plain BS then thought the vid below made some very good refresher points about the 'psychological building blocks of deception' and the manipulative techniques employed:

Also, don't know how long ATS has left but this is the largest forum of its kind so suppose the files below dealing with intel operatives being in active, open play on 'conspiracy forums' are pretty relevant.

Government Troll Training Programme

Government plans to monitor and influence internet communications, and covertly infiltrate online communities in order to sow dissension and disseminate false information, have long been the source of speculation.

Harvard Law Professor Cass Sunstein, a close Obama adviser and the White House’s former head of the Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs, wrote a controversial paper in 2008 proposing that the US government employ teams of covert agents and pseudo-”independent” advocates to “cognitively infiltrate” online groups and websites, as well as other activist groups.

Sunstein also proposed sending covert agents into “chat rooms, online social networks, or even real-space groups” which spread what he views as false and damaging “conspiracy theories” about the government.

PDF Files:

HOW COVERT AGENTS INFILTRATE THE INTERNET TO MANIPULATE, DECEIVE, AND DESTROY REPUTATIONS

The ART of DECEPTION C. IGCHO. TRAINING FOR A NEW GENERATION OF ONLINE COVERT OPERATIONS.

Along with 'public relations' it now looks like the term 'cognitive infiltration' is the new catch all phrase for 'active propaganda' so there are some handy hints for spotting it in this vid:

Basic tips for spotting and side-stepping government web-goons.

edit on 9-1-2021 by karl 12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 06:56 AM
link   
a reply to: karl 12

Not sure what you're going on about. The government has our best interests at heart.

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 07:04 AM
link   
I’m glad tax dollars are put to such great use.

Not like the nation’a infrastructure is crumbling or anything.

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Thank you for a very informative thread.

I'm just glad everybody seems to be getting back to a healthy distrust of government.

Peace
edit on 9-1-2021 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 07:51 AM
link   

The government has been conditioning and programming their citizens from the very beginning.

It is only our egos that allow us to believe that we are more intelligent and more clever than those that established the game and provides us with the rules and the game pieces.

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 07:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: karl 12
Also, don't know how long ATS has left...

Bill just announced there is a pending sale of ATS to new owners so I suspect he and the rest of the Three Amigos sold their remaining interests to their other partner....the NSA.

ATS is not going anywhere, citizen, please continue to post.

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 07:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Bill just announced there is a pending sale of ATS to new owners so I suspect he and the rest of the Three Amigos sold their remaining interests to their other partner....the NSA.

Have I mentioned lately how much I admire everything the government does for us?

*heart emoji*

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 08:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Have I mentioned lately how much I admire everything the government does for us?

*heart emoji*

If you need a witness, PM me. 👍

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

*heart emoji*

I have it on good authority that you, us, whatever, aren't going anywhere. The words 'useful' and 'idiot' came up so there's that.

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy
I absolutely live for Biden and Kamala’s next inspirational and thought provoking speech. I just get warm and fuzzy all over.

It’s either the gibberish speak of Biden or Kamala’s fake life experiences or “hate the white man” talk. Just the most inspirational fire side chats of all.
edit on 9-1-2021 by wdkirk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Of course this is REAL. Anyone who doubts it is an idiot.

I can't tell you how or why I know it is real, I value my life, but it is real.

Yes they are on ATS, yes they know who you are, even if you use a pseudonym.

Yes, they monitor you if you write things they consider dangerous to the nation: right now that includes any conservative thinkers and anyone who says anything negative about the Democratic Party or liberals, even if it is true. That puts you on a watch list as a possible domestic terrorist, even if you are not, even if you are Walter Mitty or 90 years old in a nursing home wheelchair.

They were doing it long before 2008 and there are groups being trained right now to do this on a military base, it is and has been an ongoing program. Don't be naive and think that this isn't being done.

edit on 1/9/2021 by AspasiasTwin because: format

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
I’m glad tax dollars are put to such great use.

It would not be wrong to run an audit of who spent those tax dollars ... to be used against the people forced to pay them.

I'd like to bury them and their families in an underground prison. They know what they're doing is wrong. Just bury them and erase their family names from history.

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Yes indeed mate - here's Norm discussing how Watergate was a smokescreen for CoIntelpro exposure back in the sixties (just like the Lewinski affair was for Chinagate).

Cheers.

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Wouldn’t it be crazy if these same intelligence people created online conspiracy forums to be able to sway the conversations in the way they wanted.

It’s the logical next step.

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Biden supporters will love this which is half the country.

Once approved and implemented it will be time for popcorn and watch as the fun occurs.

You (America) voted for the new asshole because you hated the other asshole.....now reap your benefits.

USA HAS FALLEN.

edit on 9-1-2021 by DeathSlayer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Oh great, thanks, you’ve outed me.

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 10:14 AM
link   
With luck, I will be on this watch list. They can watch me from Europe...

Maybe one of ats members will rat on me...we can only hope....

Let your fears take control...

a reply to: AspasiasTwin

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: AspasiasTwin

I have long assumed this is all true... can't hide... can't run... I'm in it for life.

And although I'm an equal opportunity cynic, fortunately, no one listens to me anyway, so they have nothing to worry about.

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Part of the known government agency weaponizing program🎃

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 11:07 AM
link   
what is trolling?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join