It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's ok when you rely on science to love your neighbor..

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Out6of9Balance
a reply to: peter vlar

I like to think there's only one spiritual father.

That still doesn't address the fact that there are far more interpretations of what god is/gods are than there are of the Modern Evolutionary Synthesis. There are more versions or interpretations of Christianity alone without bringing other faiths into the mix. How do you square that? Why is YOUR god the "One" and the version worshipped by LDS or JW's a pale imitator?

While I'm on the topic of your thread, I'm curious, why was that the only point you chose to address? And with a simple one line reply to boot. The entire premise of your thread is built upon an argument from ignorance fallacy. There are so many scientists who have faith and work in the Earth Sciences where evolutionary theory plays a large role. Yet you have consistently insisted over the course of your time on ATS that if one "believes in evolution" then they are throwing god out with the bath water.

There's a difference between blind belief and understanding the science behind it because you've studied it for decades and have actually done everything from field work to categorizing remains for inventory, to measuring attachment points for muscle and tendon to determine muscle mass for the individual specimen being examined.

I'll paraphrase what I wrote earlier. You think it has to be an either or scenario where understanding the MES immediately disqualifies one from believing in any god or gods. It's a ludicrous notion, entirely false and blindly misleading. Why is it so hard to understand that some scientists feel that they are looking at the world the way their god did as the unravel the secrets of our past. You honestly believe that this scenario is made up by me? It's how Dr. Collins explained to me how his faith is no impediment to the scientific method or doing good work within his field.

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 11:30 PM
link   

This only spiritual father doesn't rely on interpretations of man to exist. Its existence is not dependent on human understanding.
edit on 12-1-2021 by Out6of9Balance because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2021 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Out6of9Balance

Evolution is a science, but science by itself in general is just the system of knowledge.

posted on Jan, 16 2021 @ 01:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Out6of9Balance

This only spiritual father doesn't rely on interpretations of man to exist. Its existence is not dependent on human understanding.

If that were true then there would only be one singular world wide faith. That just isnt the case

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join