It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China offered bounties to attack US troops in Afghanistan says intel

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Two senior administration officials close to President Donald Trump told Axios on Wednesday that the president recently received an intelligence briefing with not-yet corroborated claims China offered bounties to attack U.S. troops in Afghanistan

“The U.S. has evidence that the PRC [People’s Republic of China] attempted to finance attacks on American servicemen by Afghan non-state actors by offering financial incentives or ‘bounties,'” one official said, adding that the National Security Council “is coordinating a whole-of-government investigation” to investigate the allegations.

The intelligence was included in the president's briefing on Dec. 17, and Trump was verbally briefed on the matter by national security adviser Robert O'Brien, officials said.

China offered bounties to attack US troops in Afghanistan says intel

ABC News - US Investigates Unconfirmed Intel That China Offered Bounties On American Troops

Axi os - Scoop: Trump administration declassifies unconfirmed intel on Chinese bounties

Now I can interpret this in 3 ways and they're all not good:

1) Its true - and the CCP set bounties to attack US troops.

2) US is hawkish on CCP

3) Globalists (Which include both China and the US) want to start WW3

This seems to be either a real intelligence report or at the least, a real leak from the White House.
edit on 8-1-2021 by nOraKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Can Afghanistan just be left alone for once?

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 09:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp
Can Afghanistan just be left alone for once?

If Trump got a second term there would have been a chance if Congress didn't manage to sabotage withdrawal.

That's not happening now. I very much doubt it will happen ever.

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe

I know Trump wanted out. But I am talking about it's whole history. No place on earth has seen so much outside negative influence.
I've worked with Afghani's and they are some of the hardest and determined people who aren't broken, but just determined to prove something.
edit on 8-1-2021 by strongfp because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

No place on earth has seen so much outside negative influence.

Huh? - Vietnam, Korea, North America, South America, Africa..

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: nOraKat

Arguable ...

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Be careful, you can't criticize China! Are you crazy or something?
Be cool to our rulers.

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Just a few more thoughts - I would imagine that it would be easy to offer bounties through third parties to conceal that it is the Chinese Government offering bounties so this has a smell to it.

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 02:18 AM
link   

I know Trump wanted out. But I am talking about it's whole history. No place on earth has seen so much outside negative influence.
I've worked with Afghani's and they are some of the hardest and determined people who aren't broken, but just determined to prove something.

This is largely a hangover from the cold war, and the idea that large countries needed to influence smaller ones, and that if they didn't rival nations would get in there and do the same.

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 02:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: texas thinker
Be careful, you can't criticize China! Are you crazy or something?
Be cool to our rulers.

China's power is largely based on the fact that capitalists will sell anything, including themselves.

China has no influence over American affairs that wasn't sold to it by an American.

posted on Jan, 9 2021 @ 06:20 AM
link   
So in the space of 6 months it has changed from Iran to Russia and now China. Sounds like these Neo-Con war hawks are itching for more death and destruction.
Just as the Democrats made sure after Trump was elected, He would not be able to make any peace with Russia. This time Biden will not be able to make any peace with China,

posted on Jan, 10 2021 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: 11SK1180
people seem to forget that when they were fighting Russia the us was teaching them how to make roadside bombs

posted on Jan, 10 2021 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: tom farnhill

You're right, The US armed, trained and paid the Taliban, Mujahideen to kill the Russian, Soviet soldiers during their war in Afghanistan

posted on Jan, 10 2021 @ 11:17 AM
link   

"Unconfirmed" when it's China, says the Mainstream Media.

"Confirmed" when it's Russia, says the MSM.

Very telling.

Thank-you for the info.

new topics

top topics

join