It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sydney Powell needs to get a second job

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: MetalThunder
Narrative problem

Are these people being taken to task by Dominion ?

Democratic senators warned of potential 'vote switching' by Dominion voting machines prior to 2020 election

Four congressional Democrats sent a letter to the owners of Dominion Voting Systems and cited several problems that “threaten the integrity of our elections,” including “vote switching.”

In a December 2019 letter to Dominion Voting Systems, which has been mired in controversy after a human error involving its machines in Antrim County, Michigan, resulted in incorrect counts, Democratic Sens. Elizabeth Warren, Ron Wyden, and Amy Klobuchar and congressman Mark Pocan warned about reports of machines “switching votes,” “undisclosed vulnerabilities,” and “improbable” results that “threaten the integrity of our elections.”

Progressives have short memories.... the history of now.

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Why do you assume that everyone Trump appointed has his back?

Isn't that the argument you guys make anytime an Obama appointee makes a decision you don't like? That it's invalid because the appointee is clearly just trying to further Obama's agenda?

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: jtma508

I hear that China is hiring non experienced dumbarses to become executives and the pay is really good. Doesn't even matter if you are a meth head, so she should be able to pay that back in no time.

But 2021 is already making 2020 look normal , so will see. lol

edit on 51131America/ChicagoFri, 08 Jan 2021 10:51:05 -0600000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

Why do you assume that everyone Trump appointed has his back?

Isn't that the argument you guys make anytime an Obama appointee makes a decision you don't like? That it's invalid because the appointee is clearly just trying to further Obama's agenda?

I am sure some people do... although we know some courts have been liberalized and legislating from the bench or rule in activist manner instead of following the law.

Provide some examples.

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

originally posted by: jtma508

compromised courts??? Trump-appointed judges in many cases INCLUDING his personal SCOTUS. So EVERYONE is compromised and lying EXCEPT Trump. Yea, sounds entirely reasonable.

Why do you assume that everyone Trump appointed has his back? Heck, half the Republican party didn't even want him as President to begin with and are happy he is gone.

And no, I am not saying Trump is infallible. He very well may be wrong on many things.

I am just pointing out to you that just because a court won't hear a case or even rules against a case, it DOES NOT mean the case doesn't have merit. Courts do all kinds of dumb sh*t. Do we really need to start bringing up examples? of poor rulings, ignoring cases, and other judicial malfeasance?

All I am saying is that a powerful company like Dominion could just be trying to turn the screws on her to break her financially. They may know she has something but forcing her into court cost a ton of money and at the end of the day, particularly given what happened at the capital, she may be too radioactive to get enough financial support.

Surely Trump would help her out? He’s good for it?

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Dominion deleted millions of Trump votes nationwide and now they are deleting Trump's lawyers.

I'm not surprised at all...

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Dude... Trump's own lawyers told judges they have no evidence. That they aren't alleging fraud. It wasn't the Courts. It was the lack of anything actionable in the filings. The whole thing was a money-raising ploy.

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 01:58 PM
link   
www.courtlistener.com...

Court Listing

It would appear that Dominion is quite serious.
edit on 8-1-2021 by peck420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 02:00 PM
link   
So..if I understand correctly..no Kraken?

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 02:01 PM
link   

I thought she already had one. A Comedian.

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Good. Bring on the discovery!!!

Oh wait... that would be... like... too good to be true. Because then we would know the truth.

You are smart! so put on your thinking cap here..would Dominion do this if they were gonna get caught with their pants down? Maybe y'all are just mostly wrong!

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 02:13 PM
link   
This is going to get interesting i'd bet. Over the last several years, the execution of our criminal justice system has nearly rendered it null and void. Highlighting this is Hillary getting away with crimes because she didn't mean to commit a crime.

What material loss will Dominion face? I think that is kind of key in the defamation perspective.

Gonna be an interesting few more years.

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

You are smart! so put on your thinking cap here..would Dominion do this if they were gonna get caught with their pants down? Maybe y'all are just mostly wrong!

Hmmm... would a powerful international corporation guilty of international crimes use their vast resources (and the courts) to silence someone who could not only bring the entire corporation down, but send more than a few of the executives to prison?

I think that would be a resounding yes.

This is actually a common tactic used by corporations to silence anyone that threatens their profits -- and especially their very existence. The next (common) step would be to bury them in paperwork... file motion after motion requiring countless hours to respond, as well as racking up additional court fees with every response filed.

Filing the lawsuit also gives them some (potential) power. At the very least, it can grant them discovery, and they can find out exactly what evidence Powell has against them. But that's certainly not all. For example, one of those motions may very well be a request for a gag order, which may very well be granted by the court, which will effectively prevent Powell from speaking public about any and all evidence she may have.

So I would agree if Dominion (or I) actually thought they would get "caught with their pants down"; but I would also say that your premise is weak to the extent that there is no guarantee that Dominion will be "caught with their pants down." There are legal advantages to filing this lawsuit.

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Hmm, well, you are right about the legal process, but I think it's a roll of the dice..if they had much to hide..with 'discovery" and all that.

Cheers

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

You're right about that either way -- it's definitely a roll of the dice.

One thing I find interesting is Dominion's timing; specifically immediately after the Capitol Hill riots. Now that everything Trump and presumably everything Powell is toxic, Dominion might be counting on Powell having no financial or legal allies to take them on.

If that should change, and Powell is no longer an individual fighting the corporation but a team fighting a corporation, Dominion's response might be telling (one way or another).

I tend to think Dominions further motions and filings will tell us a little more about their motives and goals. We'll just have to be patient...

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 04:43 PM
link   

One thing I find interesting is Dominion's timing; specifically immediately after the Capitol Hill riots.

They put her (and others) on notice to retract or face the consequences. Others responded. She did not.

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: jtma508
Dominion filed a $1.3 Billion defamation suit against Powell today over her repeated accusations that the Dominion system changed votes during the election. No evidence of any such thing has yet been presented in her numerous failed court filings. She best hope she can conjure up this evidence or she'll be bankrupt. Not far behind this lawsuit is one coming for Rudy Giuliani. It's time to Kraken-up or shut-up.

source

And BTW, a Presidential pardon won't protect her or others since it's not a federal crime. The Trump family is similarly exposed for their repeated assertions of the same defamatory statements.

Ah so there is a Kraken after all and Dominion be thy name!

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I just checked the SCORECARD and it looks like she's gonna get HAMMERED.

I'm quite exSCYTLed about the whole thing.

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Drucifer
I’d assume that $1.3 billion is enough to turn anyone radioactive. I’m very curious who will still be standing by her side now.

That's an interesting Question and I would wager it's people who think her theories are Quality.

I bet Jake knows the answer...

I'll be honest, i want one of those hats!

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: djz3ro

Just kill a cow and a couple of foxes and you're set.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join