It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How can we stay silent in front of the horrors of the Meat industry

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: St0rD

Upton Sinclair-"The Jungle"- horrors of the meat industry in Chicago, turn of the century(1880's)...before laws

Horrifying...people falling into fat bins....and go out as "Lard".

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 08:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: St0rD
a reply to: Metallicus

Have you even watched the video?

I grew up with a farmer for a grandfather. I know what happens and how. I also go fishing and have to clean them in order to eat them. I still keep aquariums in my home because I love fish, but that doesn't mean I'm not aware that they're also tasty.

How many nature documentaries have you watched? Nature is plenty cruel and nowhere near noble. It can take lions well over and hour to kill their prey. Sometimes, they start eating it long before it actually dies. I've seen one clip of African hunting dogs. The pack disemboweled an antelope while it was standing. Four dogs, each with loops of intestine, ran in four separate directions while the poor thing was standing there. Have you ever watched killer whales drown a while calf? Sometimes, they don't do it; it's own mother does in her fight to defend it. Then they simply eat its liver and tongue and leave the rest.

I could go on.

Industrial scale slaughter is hardly my favorite method for a variety of reasons, but in the grand scheme of things and when compared to the things nature does to her own, it's also not the worst way to go.

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 08:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

originally posted by: Bluntone22

It's not that it doesn't matter it's just that I don't care.

Lack of empathy isn't a good thing.

What if it was you in these slaughterhouses?

Its not me.
Take a trip to China and watch them cook live animals.
Stop in the middle east and watch an idiot slice the throat of a sheep and watch it bleed to death while he prays to his moon god.
Watch an abortion video.
Google pics of starving children, concentration camps, slave punishment.

Lack of empathy is not the problem.
It's a larger perspective on the ways of the entire world.

Pass the bacon.

You guys sound so #ing crazy to me. I feel like I'm an alien not from this world who have a skill for caring of others suffering.

Did you even watch the video for more than one min ffs?

As you are to me and many others
You are trumpeting one issue and ignoring every other issue because only yours is important...to you
Listen to what others say and stop your single mindedness
Yes it’s horrible but they are only animals
Respect and responsibility is important, even to animals but
People see far worse, see so much injustice, yet you preach your own personal message to us

Clearly you don’t care about what we care about so why do you moan and complain when we don’t care about your issue?

"They are only animals"

My god the lack of decency you just showed.

And then you say I bring an issue but ignore all the other ones? What are you talking about? My OP is about the hidden reality and suffering behind slaughterhouses... what other issues are you referring to?

It's so funny to see you guys doing everything in your power to abstain from questionning your take on this.

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 08:07 AM
link   

a reply to: Metallicus

Have you even watched the video?

Don't know about Met, but no, I did not. I don't need to because you're not telling me anything new I don't already know anyway. Once-upon-a-time farmer kid here, do yourself a BIG GODDAMN FAVOR and encourage supporting small farms by way of direct purchasing or by way of shopping in small grocers who only deal with locally reared animals, instead of big farm support via purchasing. Odds of animal abuse are far smaller through them.
This is not hard, I do it. If you cannot figure out how, you either live too far into concrete jungle territory to know better, or are just suburban or rural enough to know about it, but not care. Neither excuse is really acceptable. You want big farm animal abuse to stop? You need to change how you buy, and wear you buy, the meat. Period. Your way won't do squat, OP.
edit on 1/8/2021 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

About one of the only positives to come out of the Vidsteria is the plummeting market share of the Big Four meat processors. I shop local from two places, Fossil Farms and D'Artagnan Foods. Both source a good deal of their products locally and what I can't find there I go to my Italian butcher one town over. It costs slightly more but the products are so much more noticeably better.

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 08:12 AM
link   

I'm under the impression that the op is vegan.
Not positive but there it is.

But as to your point.
I worked on a couple farms as a teen and it's a messy affair.
Snip day for the pigs was something you never forget.

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Its not me.
Stop in the middle east and watch an idiot slice the throat of a sheep and watch it bleed to death while he prays to his moon god.
Watch an abortion video.

Pass the bacon.

You guys sound so #ing crazy to me. I feel like I'm an alien not from this world who have a skill for caring of others suffering.

You are trumpeting one issue and ignoring every other issue because only yours is important...to you
People see far worse, see so much injustice, yet you preach your own personal message to us

Clearly you don’t care about what we care about so why do you moan and complain when we don’t care about your issue?

"They are only animals"

And then you say I bring an issue but ignore all the other ones? What are you talking about? My OP is about the hidden reality and suffering behind slaughterhouses... what other issues are you referring to?

It's so funny to see you guys doing everything in your power to abstain from questionning your take on this.

I don't have to answer to any damn thing you ask. It's funny that you think I or anyone else must.

I will leave this for you again just in case you missed it the first time.

edit on 1/8/2021 by Tundra because: Eat Steak

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Two local butchers here that we tend to use, both work with local farmers. One it pretty hoity toity about its sourcing although that says nothing about the quality in terms of better/worse, just means they are more exclusive and expensive for adding more tags. The other has less tags and much larger cuts, but they serve the competition BBQ folks in KC, so you know they aren't selling bad stuff.

Either way, you're getting local stuff.

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 08:18 AM
link   

But as to your point.

Yeah, but any farmer worth his stuff isn't out to abuse his animals. They're his livelihood, and most of them enjoy having them around even if they know where they will end up.

My grandpa liked his sheep and cared about them.
edit on 8-1-2021 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Aug, sometimes the local stuff really is substantially better overall. It's nice getting local meat that was fed really well, or allowed to do it's animal thing -- roam, scavenge, etc all day long. Those bulk corn feed origin meats, you can absolutely tell the difference -- they both have more fat to them, but far less flavor. We are what we eat, and some factory farms barely feed the animals well enough to just exist. And it shows in the end result meat cuts.

But as to your point.

Vegan, perhaps, if so, they're one of the least pushy ones we've had run through the site!

Yep, we had slaughterhouse trips, too. All of our personal meat was what we raised, so we had to learn not to get attached to our food (so, the cows, pigs, chickens, ducks, turkeys, food rabbits my dad raised one year, the occasional goat or sheep, etc) Most of what we sold was produce, but when we had an overabundance of meat from slaughterhouse trips, we'd either sell that or trade it around, our neighbors were good barterers, lol.

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Its not me.
Watch an abortion video.

Pass the bacon.

"They are only animals"

Funny, check my history, I posted a video on how poorly some Asian countries kill imported bovine, with a hammer
I am against it, I agree
Just think you not understanding the other issues is indicative of your selfishness in this matter

To some people, like it or not, it’s a non issue just like abortion is not an issue to some people
Shove your self righteous beliefs down others throats
No thanks

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

He still ate them...lol

No farmer I ever met abused their animals.
That is a perspective since animal rights activists would argue otherwise.
Truthfully the better shape animals are in when it's time to butcher the more money the farmer makes so it only makes sense they treat the animals as good as possible.

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

With sheep, it's doubly important.

Healthy ewes have healthy lambs, and healthy sheep have good fleece. Double crop there.

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Ok you know what.

My bad for thinking most people would see this topic in the same eyes as me. Forget it, I think I made my point pretty clear about this so I'm done. You can let the thread die because like you said, animals suffering through torture is way down in human's priority list anyway.

By the way, most responses seem to be accusing me of concentrating on this specific topic instead of talking about more important stuff like aborted babies...
I mean, I thought the purpose of a new thread backed up by a significative title is to have a conversation about a specific topic. So next time you see a new OP about the Covid pandemic or police brutality, just states there are much more serious stuff to talk about, right?

I respect your opinions but I can see through your bull#. You guys act like you don't want to face the problem I'm bringing to the table because it would mean having to challenge yourself on a very sensitive subject. So you would rather pretend it is meaningless.

Peace

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 08:35 AM
link   

No you don’t respect our opinions, you have gone full narcissist, your reply is all about you
It’s a horrible world, wake up

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Run forest run!

Seriously dude.
What the hell do you expect to accomplish on the message board of a conspiracy site?

What have you done to further your cause?
You have done nothing here but express outrage of a topic and chastised people for not being outraged.
You have given no solution to your problem.
You have given no direction for anyone to follow to end the issue.
Have you been writing you local representatives to find a solution?

Stop expecting others to justify your feeling.

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 08:40 AM
link   

What problem do I need to face? I already don't do factory farming, and know exactly where my meat comes from -- within driving distance. I bet you cant say that for your foods.

Now what about you? How are YOU trying to make any given food industry better? Or are you a vegan who happens to eat a substantial portion of their food imported from other countries because you can't be bothered to cut out the transit time & money wasted on it & support your local guys instead?

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 08:54 AM
link   

You force change through the market by behaving differently.

Most of us behave differently already. We buy through local butchers. It has the added benefit right now of supporting small business in a time when many of them are hurting. Local butchers source their meat through local small farmers -- again, local small business.

I'm not sure how much clearer that is.

But we're not swearing off meat because we also believe that protein is part of a healthy diet.

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 08:59 AM
link   
I mean, I just don't get why you guys make me feel like e dumbass for bringing this.

I want anything but to run yet I feel like I'm wasting my time right now. I may have chosen a wrong approach with all of this. Still, it sounds like you don't really want to challenge yourself on the possibility of animals suffering so much more than we are being told. That's why such documentary exist. People infiltrating these factories and exposing the truth nobody want to see.

Now, maybe I have some wrongs in all of this but I'm really confused as to what. Maybe you can enlight me? And if you didn't even watch the video (like at least one claimed) which this OP is based on, how can you even have an opinion about my take on this?

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

My replies are only about the possible extreme suffering of the animal kingdom in even our most "humane" factories and the possible implications for us if we continue to ignore it.

How am I narcissist? Lol man, cmon.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join