It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How can we stay silent in front of the horrors of the Meat industry

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 04:59 AM
link   
I knew for a fact mankind was in a sickening delusion about the true state of their own reality but what I'm going to show you is something way beyond our worst nightmare. Yesterday, I asked a very close friend to watch a documentary about animal cruelty and the reality of slaughterhouses and warned him of the graphic content and the potential to be traumatized by it. He then boldly claimed he could see it without flinching since he had seen some videos of pigs being slaughtered. Quickly he realized the naïvety of his claim and understood that the amount of insanity being portrayed in this documentary was something more horrifying than all of horror movies combined.

The purpose of this thread is not to blame people for eating meat but simply to show the overwhelming suffering and pain animals are getting through in order for the meat industry to prosper. We are all contributing to this evil in some ways and I'm not sure most people understand the implications of the meat they buy. I believe there is a more humane way to treat animals than what truly happens in these slaughterhouses.

Consider these beings have emotions and feel pain the same way as we do. You will see that in all of the process they stay alive instead of being stunned or unconscious like they should be. This is one of the most hardest thing I had to watch in my life and can't help but think of all the pain we inflict on animals and the fact it will backfire on us one day. Like they say-
"What goes around comes around"

So be warned, the video clip I will provide is extremely disturbing. And Moderators please abstain from removing it, no matter how graphic it is. This must be seen by everyone in order to see the hidden face of our reality. Let it stand as a proof of how much wickedness resides in humans and that we must get our heads out of the sand.

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Other then fish that we can eat raw, sad to say, we have to kill the animal to eat it. I use to hunt. Saw no problem shooting for food on the table. But I'm glad I don't have to work in a slaughter house.

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 05:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
Other then fish that we can eat raw, sad to say, we have to kill the animal to eat it. I use to hunt. Saw no problem shooting for food on the table. But I'm glad I don't have to work in a slaughter house.

Hunting animals for food is part of life. But there was a time when it was done with respect. Now, they are tortured in a cold and merciless environment ruled by machines. If you can't see the madness behind the meat industry then I don't know what more to say...

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 05:19 AM
link   
So , no one here has ever worked on a farm , huh ?
Never hunted and butchered their own meat , huh ?

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Save an animal but let’s discuss abortion in a sincere genuine manner
Sorry but

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 05:31 AM
link   
I am not going to change my diet for you or anyone else. I am an obligate carnivore. Do what makes YOU happy and I will do the same.

edit on 2021/1/8 by Metallicus because: Sp

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 05:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Have you even watched the video?

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 06:09 AM
link   
I'm gonna take a different tact on this.

I've worked on a farm and I also agree the OP is overly misguided as to the status of humans vs animals.

I'll also point out how many Americans go hungry every day. Before we regulate and attack the meat processing industry make sure we know the ramifications of doing so. I can foresee regulations and changes forcing out the smaller farms as they have to adapt and even changes n the larger processors will lead to higher meat prices at the worst time possible.

If the industry needs to adapt and have a more humane way to process maybe come up with cheaper and effective ways to do so. Instead of doing something that threatens jobs here and would likely force processors to send meat to China to be processed because it's cheaper than going through the regulated process here. Like Tyson already does.

In addition, if we could magically have the world eat nothing but vegetables, what do you think would happen to those herd and flock animals? We would be overrun by animals. Hell Europe already has a wild boar problem, imagine throwing in cows, chickens, and domesticated pigs into the mix. The populations would be diseased and there would be needs for multiple animal crossings on roads much like we have deer crossing signs because there are fewer hunters and deer are everywhere and populations are getting hit with weird diseases. More animals led to more predatory animals too, we already have coyotes in the suburbs, if cows, chickens, and pigs are on the menu, more deadly animals will become prevalent in areas not adjusted to dangerous wildlife.

It's a slippery slope I just ordered Goodfish crispy salmon skins, I'm sure the fishes were likely traumatized as well on their way to being skinned and fried. The logical extension is don't you think mosquitoes have a painful agonizing death when they are sprayed by pesticides?

edit on 8-1-2021 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 06:21 AM
link   
a reply to: St0rD

I'm eagerly awaiting cloned meat, I tear up whenever we pass by a truck full of pigs on the highway.

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 06:27 AM
link   
It's up to everyone to decide if they want to buy locally or from a mass production plant, like these slaughterhouses.

Buy local, support your local butcher and farms, the quality will be much better than these processed meats.

I can't help but think that the OP is a bit far from reality, I learned all this as a kid, saw oxes, cows, pigs and lambs being slaughtered on farms. We kids used to brush the blood into the sewer with brooms and rubber boots. The boys, us girls we helped preparing the insides to cook them directly to not waste them.

That all might sound brutal but it was necessary. When you kill and slaughter an animal, there will always be a loss of life and pain. 20 years ago, some still did it with a hammer. Today they gas them with CO2, bolt or electrocute them.

For sure the methods are better now than then, to end the life of these animals. Again, buy local where you know where they roam and you know for yourself if they are cramped and abused or if they roam the fields. May favorite restaurant that specialized on beef, the Madame of the House will pick up kids to tour the farm regulary.

As you eat the meat, you can watch the animals roam around outside. Kids can watch the slaughtering and no one is traumatized. It's life. I guess the OP lives in a city??

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 06:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

I've worked on a farm and I also agree the OP is overly misguided as to the status of humans vs animals.

I'll also point out how many Americans go hungry every day. Before we regulate and attack the meat processing industry make sure we know the ramifications of doing so. I can foresee regulations and changes forcing out the smaller farms as they have to adapt and even changes n the larger processors will lead to higher meat prices at the worst time possible.

If the industry needs to adapt and have a more humane way to process maybe come up with cheaper and effective ways to do so. Instead of doing something that threatens jobs here and would likely force processors to send meat to China to be processed because it's cheaper than going through the regulated process here. Like Tyson already does.

It's a slippery slope I just ordered Goodfish crispy salmon skins, I'm sure the fishes were likely traumatized as well on their way to being skinned and fried. The logical extension is don't you think mosquitoes have a painful agonizing death when they are sprayed by pesticides?

Man, you guys clearly don't seem to realize that everything we do to others will come back to us one way or another. The way animals are being killed in our "humane" factories is f-cked up beyond words. Now I understand the need for meat is part of nature but at least the animals have true freedom and joy in their natural habitats.

I don't care what you guys think about all of this but if you watched the whole clip I provided and still find excuses to justify the torture of innocent creature just so you can go buy and eat meat the most easiest of ways... then let me tell you something-

All the pain that is being inflicted in these cold heartless factory will come back to us in a near future. The law of Karma is very real and everything that goes around must come around. The cold and heartless factories we built to feed the meat industry needs is anything but humane. Ppl never think about this but what would you think if it was you in their place? I'm not even vegan but still I can at least acknowledge the need to do something about this madness ... whatever it is.

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 06:33 AM
link   
a reply to: wheresthebody

Yep, I love bacon too. Maybe not that much.

On a more serious note. Many years ago people bred their own animals, or hunted. The process was something everyone was involved in.

Now with such a massive population and people not living on farms etc very few people are part of the process, which is obviously on an industrial scale. People don't want to know how their food is raised, killed and prepared.

We aren't going back any time soon naturally to raising our own or hunting our own on a mass scale. I enjoy eating meat and I do despair at the way animals that are to be used as food are treated but I also want to eat meat.

edit on 8-1-2021 by Tortuga because: jh

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 06:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: St0rD

My relatives have a veal farm and I know where our meat comes from and I source Amish chickens and other more humanely sourced meats when available.

However, our entire country is falling apart, millions of babies are aborted each month and the entire world is on the brink of WWIII.

As far as ‘horrors’ go this is way down the list.

edit on 2021/1/8 by Metallicus because: Edit for clarity

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Man, you guys clearly don't seem to realize that everything we do to others will come back to us one way or another. The way animals are being killed in our "humane" factories is f-cked up beyond words. Now I understand the need for meat is part of nature but at least the animals have true freedom and joy in their natural habitats.

I don't care what you guys think about all of this but if you watched the whole clip I provided and still find excuses to justify the torture of innocent creature just so you can go buy and eat meat the most easiest of ways... then let me tell you something-

All the pain that is being inflicted in these cold heartless factory will come back to us in a near future. The law of Karma is very real and everything that goes around must come around. The cold and heartless factories we built to feed the meat industry needs is anything but humane. Ppl never think about this but what would you think if it was you in their place? I'm not even vegan but still I can at least acknowledge the need to do something about this madness ... whatever it is.

What do you mean specifically about " Everything we do comes back to us" I just want clarification is all I'm asking. Sounds like we got to worry about the spaghetti karma monster in the sky now?

I used to date a very liberal woman for a long time, she was a wonderful person still is, she had many of your viewpoints. I know and try to eat free-range chickens because of her, but it isn't feasible to change instantly.

As I mentioned before then come up with a way to handle them more humanely.

but we have to find a balance, and yea I'm am concerned but I'm am way more concerned about human suffering on this planet

but as I've mentioned we can barely feed the humans on the planet as it is.

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 06:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

My relatives have a veal farm and I know where our meat comes from and I source Amish chickens and other more humanely sourced meats when available.

However, our entire country is falling apart, millions of babies are aborted each month and the entire world is on the brink of WWIII. As far as ‘horrors’ go this is way down the list.

First, you didn't answer my question-
Did you watch the video?

Sure there are farms treating animals with respect but the vast majority of people buy food that comes from these "humane" factories, me included.

You're right about the fact abortions of babies being portrayed as normal is an horror in itselfs. I remember watching an abortion video last year and crying for 1 hour realizing the pain we inflict on these little beings. Tears that I didn't have when looking at the slaughterhouse documentary. Yet, the animals suffering displayed troubled me more than anything else before.

So, feel free to blind yourself to the horror behind it all so you can eat meat without remorse but don't pretend like it is "way down the list" 'cause truth is it's the complete opposite.

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 07:00 AM
link   
meat & potatoes
mmmmmmmmmmmmmm

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 07:00 AM
link   

How can we stay silent in front of the horrors of the Meat industry

Quite easily, because my mouth is normally full of this

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Until everyone is able to raise their own cattle, pigs and chickens in their back yard you are going to have to get used to the current system. I am sorry it bothers you so much, but life is consumption. I just have other priorities right now.

You being upset about it isn’t going to fix anything.

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 07:09 AM
link   

What do you mean specifically about " Everything we do comes back to us" I just want clarification is all I'm asking. Sounds like we got to worry about the spaghetti karma monster in the sky now?

I used to date a very liberal woman for a long time, she was a wonderful person still is, she had many of your viewpoints. I know and try to eat free-range chickens because of her, but it isn't feasible to change instantly.

As I mentioned before then come up with a way to handle them more humanely.

but we have to find a balance, and yea I'm am concerned but I'm am way more concerned about human suffering on this planet

but as I've mentioned we can barely feed the humans on the planet as it is.

I know it is not a simple topic. Even I don't know what to ultimately do about it. But when I say it will come back to us...
Well, if you have watched the video you saw how tortured these poor animals are. They are completely defenseless and we have total dominiom over them. And what do we do with this responsability? We make them suffer terribly and nobody gives a # as long as they can access meat easily.

Don't take my word for it. Still, if there is one thing life taught me is that if you send good out there it will come back to you. Unfortunately for us, if you send bad it will also boomerang. These animals are suffering everyday so much it is truly saddening. But one day it is us humans who will suffer the same outcome if we don't do sh-t about it.
Can't say you've not been warned

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Cause it tastes so good?
Cause I get nutrients that I wouldn’t receive otherwise?

Because sometimes I just have to blow off steam by murdering a delicious animal so I don’t take it out on my fellow humans?

You choose..

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join