It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bypassing Big-Tech

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 02:54 AM
link   
So, I am making some changes to my entire setup electronically speaking. First, I am moving back to a flip phone and prepaid plan since I stopped coaching because of the pandemic. I don’t need a smart phone tracking me when I don’t need email and such to talk to the girls and parents.

My second change is I am actually ADDING my first social media account on Parler. I want a place I can safely share my scary ideas with other banned thinkers and it seems like Parler is the place to follow my favorite people.

My third change is moving to ProtonMail. It is encrypted and as close as you can get to a neutral 3rd party to handle my email communications. I know it isn’t safe still, but at least it is free and not evil like Gmail.

One last thing I have done is switched my browser and search engine to Yandex. I am also using Yandex as my back up email account. It’s funny that I need to turn to Russia to bypass censorship of my search results, but here we are in 2021 and everything is twisted as the American Republic has fallen to crap.

Hopefully I can keep myself out of trouble and fly under the radar with these changes.

Any other ideas?

ETA: also looking to buy vintage encyclopedias from eBay so I have access to original US history and not the history that is being re-written today.
edit on 2021/1/8 by Metallicus because: Eta

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 03:20 AM
link   
Also get a VPN

Use the Russian VPN - no other. It is called ExpressVPN

ALL USA VPN's MUST have back door for US government surveillance. (Homeland Security)

a reply to: Metallicus

edit on 8-1-2021 by DeathSlayer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 03:29 AM
link   
I use hide.me VPN, it's as fast as my original internet connection and I can bypass location locks with it.

It's a zero log VPN not based in the USA. There is a free subscription but I think it's just 2000MB. It is installed on my phone, too.

Neither vodafone nor my small local ISP needs to know what and where I do what.

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 03:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeathSlayer
Also get a VPN

Use the Russian VPN - no other. It is called ExpressVPN

ALL USA VPN's MUST have back door for US government surveillance. (Homeland Security)

Great advice!

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 03:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: ThatDamnDuckAgain
I use hide.me VPN, it's as fast as my original internet connection and I can bypass location locks with it.

It's a zero log VPN not based in the USA. There is a free subscription but I think it's just 2000MB. It is installed on my phone, too.

I will look at hide.me as well. As long as it isn’t U.S. or China based it should be a possibility. I appreciate the information.

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Can you guess why it is free? It too has a back door, most have back doors and if there is a back door, then they can find you.

ExpressVPN uses anonymious servers which are Very few around this planet.

New Jersey has one anonymious server and I think maybe one more server in USA but at time can not recall.

I think there are only 2 servers in USA that are really anonymious.... just so you know.

originally posted by: ThatDamnDuckAgain

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 03:56 AM
link   

It's UK based but registered in Malaysia, here you can read their policy:

hide.me...

Hide.me websites, community forum and the hide.me VPN service is owned and operated by eVenture Limited. We are registered in Malaysia under registration number LL09685, and our registered office is at Level 2, Lot 19, Lazenda Commercial Centre Phase 3, 87007 Labuan, Federal Territory of Labuan, Malaysia.

edit on 8.1.2021 by ThatDamnDuckAgain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 04:01 AM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

Can you guess why it is free? It too has a back door, most have back doors and if there is a back door, then they can find you.

The other argument would be, can you guess why they have paid service? For personal data. This is not about "they", I clearly wrote it's to protect myself against my local ISP and my phone ISP spying on the CONTENT. My ISP, vodafone know very well where I live, since I am their customer. DUH!

ExpressVPN uses anonymious servers which are Very few around this planet.

New Jersey has one anonymious server and I think maybe one more server in USA but at time can not recall.

I think there are only 2 servers in USA that are really anonymious.... just so you know.

The VPN service I suggested is NOT based in the USA, like I wrote, just so you know. I don't use the free subscription.
edit on 8.1.2021 by ThatDamnDuckAgain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Sounds like a plan .
Did all that and more many years ago.
Goth
edit on 1/8/21 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Which flip phone are you going with?

I was under the impression modern flip phones also had the built in spyware for location tracking, and remote audio.
Older flip phones find themselves suddenly "not supported" on the towers... I've tried three of my old ones and none will register. If I call and ask I'm basically told to eat it and get a new one.

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 06:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: a325nt

Which flip phone are you going with?

I was under the impression modern flip phones also had the built in spyware for location tracking, and remote audio.
Older flip phones find themselves suddenly "not supported" on the towers... I've tried three of my old ones and none will register. If I call and ask I'm basically told to eat it and get a new one.

I didn’t realize this. I was going to use an Alcatel Flip.

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 07:16 AM
link   

I love Proton Email. If you really want go rogue then switch to a Linux system and you can get some really fun stuff and stay pretty hidden VPN is a must too.

I really want to dig into cell phones and find a way to hack my way into all the towers so I never have to roam. Or have to have a provider. There is a way just have to find it..

edit on 8-1-2021 by Stealu1two because: added info

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

Your suggesting using...RUSSIAN "security".?

Hmm

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Stealu1two

Understand: you need to send it, it travels, it's intercepted, decoded, received and moves down lines, towers, data....you.do.not.own.

TPTB do. No matter. "They" own the transference equipment.
edit on 8-1-2021 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 08:12 AM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

No, you have to -no other.
Trust this person from the internet as it claims the Russian one is the only one without a back door and thinks everyone lives in the USA.

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Well, good thing you publicly posted all the places you’ll now be apart of so it can be added to your online file.

Lmao

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 09:11 AM
link   

How does one “bypass” Big Tech, by:

A.) pluralizing the (ir) name (making them proper in the first place)

B.) Detailing one’s plans while using it.

Lol

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Its so comical to me...

You spent 4 years swearing to the most high that Trump had 0 Russian connections and that Russia had no hand in his election...

You spent 4 years proclaiming your opposition to all things Russian...

Yet here you are... Turning to Russian applications when MAGA NATION has fallen. Its hard for me to NOT make the connection here. Conservatives nare what we thought they were according to your post here .

Then the bit on the encyclopedias..... Which.. you know were written by rich white people. History is written by the victors.. you know that. How dare history be corrected and the truth ring free.

I'm all for becoming a technological ghost. It's a noble endeavor. But your motivations for doing so matter.

Btw... Flip phones don't save you. They have gps chips in them now, and even if you find one without one,.your position is still triangulated regularly between cell towers.

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Lucidparadox
Of course, little to no evidence provided.

Should we just be using Chinese vpns?

Why does half their population require vpns?

Can you say Taiwan is a country without being visited by the CCP?

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 10:26 AM
link   
You have many options available to you. You don't need to stick with just a flip phone and I would also suggest not just a VPN, but a VPN router.

Here are some you can research...

brax.me...

Also the owner of that shop has a great YouTube page on privacy.

www.youtube.com...
edit on 8-1-2021 by Grimbone because: Added extra link

top topics

<<   2 >>

join