It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump banned from Twitter and Facebook

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2021 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I didn't see anyone touch on this so I might as well throw it out there
Trump has been banned on Twitter and now indefinitely on Facebook following the events on Capitol Hill.
Free speech is a thing of the past. These people acted of their free will because they're angry as hell.
Trump is responsible for inciting a deadly riot? Then it would reason that Kamala Harris is, too- and Biden and the rest of the Democratic party and everyone on social media who cheered on the BLM and Antifa movements or chose to pretend they weren't even a thing when they resulted in violence and bloodshed.
Welcome to 1984 2021

Donald Trump has been suspended from his Facebook account for at least two weeks - and possibly indefinitely.

It means the president will be unable to post on Facebook and Instagram until after the transition of power to Joe Biden on 20 January.

The social network had originally imposed a 24-hour ban after his supporters attacked the US Capitol.

Facebook's chief Mark Zuckerberg wrote that the risks of allowing Mr Trump to post "are simply too great".

In a video posted to Facebook, Twitter and YouTube, Mr Trump told the rioters attacking the seat of government "I love you" before telling them to go home. He also repeated false claims about election fraud.

The largest social networks each took action against the president's accounts in the wake of the violence.

Mr Zuckerberg said Facebook had removed the president's posts "because we judged that their effect - and likely their intent - would be to provoke further violence".

www.washingtonpost.com...
www.bbc.com...
www.google.com...://www.cnn.com/2021/01/06/tech/twitter-lock-trump-account/index.html&ved=2ahUKEwjTsvWoiIvuAh XVJjQIHZBBDa4QFjAOegQIARAB&usg=AOvVaw31JaT6obwnN7v1y81jWvqd
edit on 7-1-2021 by ADAMandEVIL because: Eta fixes

posted on Jan, 7 2021 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: ADAMandEVIL

Good.

Let the boycott begin.

posted on Jan, 7 2021 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

Good.

Let the boycott begin.

Or not.

posted on Jan, 7 2021 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978

Good.

Let the boycott begin.

Or not.

You must be used to commie tactics living over there in England.

posted on Jan, 7 2021 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Good.

Let the boycott begin.

Or not.

You think?

Millions of accounts on Twitter are dedicated to hating on Trump.

Wtf are all the haters gonna do when they have no Trump feed to spam?

posted on Jan, 7 2021 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Good.

Let the boycott begin.

Sadly, the average Facebook and Twitter users don't have the will power to quit.

posted on Jan, 7 2021 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: a325nt

That’s where 2/3 of Americans get there “news”....😎

(post by carewemust removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jan, 7 2021 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Oh noes what will the muti millionaire do with his life? Hell, he will be happier and live longer for it.

posted on Jan, 7 2021 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Good.

Let the boycott begin.

Or not.

You think?

Millions of accounts on Twitter are dedicated to hating on Trump.

Wtf are all the haters gonna do when they have no Trump feed to spam?

Another fun part of media and economics...

CNN wouldn't be here in 2021 without Trump.

It is going to be funny to see where the reporting on the major media will go now without him.

If he was smart he would make his own cable news station...

Oh wait.

posted on Jan, 7 2021 @ 06:55 PM
link   
So glad to see freedom of speech alive and well!

Oh wait.....

posted on Jan, 7 2021 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I don't have FB, or Twitter, it's their platform I suppose. I don't like the idea of censorship though..even for someone I don't care much for.

link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

Good point.

Where will this leave the MsM?

link   

I dont think he's banned from Twitter quite yet. He just tweeted the speech he gave from his account. He was suspended for 12 hours. But i wouldn't be surprised if he's banned once his term is ended...

And knowing that Trump was also banned on Twitch.. Yes, Twitch.. Do we think Amazon will be canceling his Prime account soon? Will Netflix be showing him the door as well? I say that half jokingly, but today's times, who knows..

Article from the Verge on Trumps Twitch account being banned

posted on Jan, 7 2021 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Trump not using FaceBQQK using a Private Network case closed those posts there are from folks like me Trump is busy fighting a WAR There is only 2 Parties now, Patriots and Traitors. The Kicker here is VP Pence wife and Tim Kaine wife are sisters we knew All in he Family MSM all Lied about Votes yesterday. Watch Trump Speech CGI telling all to go home something is wrong with everthing

posted on Jan, 7 2021 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

Good point.

Where will this leave the MsM?

After one year of breathlessly reporting on the "lawsuits" on Trump that won't go anywhere?

They will probably have to consolidate and fight for ratings with the Food Network and the Weather Channel.

CBSMBSABCNN... the Ministry of Truth Channel.

All the hate, all the time.

We report, you comply.

ETA... I said that half-jokingly, but in reality the Food Network is beating CNN on most days for viewership.

edit on 7-1-2021 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2021 @ 07:05 PM
link   
There is and never was the right to free speech on Facebook. Zukerberg ''allows'' whoever he wants to say what they want and dosen't allow those that he wants on HIS platform. As far as Facebook goes, Zukerberg giveth and Zukerberg takeith away.

posted on Jan, 7 2021 @ 07:18 PM
link   
What happened to ToS that these platforms have to adhere to?

Suddenly protocol goes out the window because your echo chamber supports your delusion?

Maybe some "rights" should be pulled.

I mean, it's their platform after all, it's not like they have to follow any guide lines.

posted on Jan, 7 2021 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Right, like a publisher...

posted on Jan, 7 2021 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
There is and never was the right to free speech on Facebook. Zukerberg ''allows'' whoever he wants to say what they want and dosen't allow those that he wants on HIS platform. As far as Facebook goes, Zukerberg giveth and Zukerberg takeith away.

Remember that when you are banned there for not agreeing with a Democrat that is SO FAR left that you may slightly disagree with actual internment camps for one of your family members.

Even though there are things now that you cannot purchase and use without a Facebook account.

We warned y'all about the slippery slope.

So have fun with that.

edit on 7-1-2021 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join