It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the father of mary(u know the 1..jesus`s mother)?????

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 10:40 AM
link   
hoping that some 1 can tell me mary`s fathers name??...a friend of mine who is a devoted christian and has read the bible several times and cant find a reference to mary`s father
any help would be appreciated
thx again

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Heli is the father of Mary

Apparently, this can be disputed/argued based on the Hebrew and Greek translations.

seekerof

[edit on 19-3-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Here, from an alternative source that says "The blessed and ever glorious Virgin Mary, descended from the royal race and family of David, was born in the city of Nazareth and educated at Jerusalem in the temple of the Lord. Her father's name was Joachim, and her mother's name was Anna. The family of her father was of Galilee and the city of Nazareth. The family of her mother was of Bethlehem." The Gospel of the Birth of Mary

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 11:24 AM
link   
thx m8..but wasn`t heli the step/foster father rather than the biological father
i know we cant go back to trace dna but is there any possibility of finding the biological father...i know this this a difficult but my friend would really appreciate it
thx again

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 11:29 AM
link   
And from the Jewish Talmud:

The Jewish Talmud, in the Gemara, also mentions that the father of Mary was Heli.
Chagigah 77:4

The Genealogy of Jesus Christ Through Mary

seekerof

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by mythatsabigprobe
Here, from an alternative source that says "The blessed and ever glorious Virgin Mary, descended from the royal race and family of David, was born in the city of Nazareth and educated at Jerusalem in the temple of the Lord. Her father's name was Joachim, and her mother's name was Anna. The family of her father was of Galilee and the city of Nazareth. The family of her mother was of Bethlehem." The Gospel of the Birth of Mary

This has been the only one that I knew about. I am interested in "Heli". It should be something more to add to the pot. I don't believe that the Bible mentions Mary's father I think that comes from tradition.

[edit on 3/19/2005 by Mahree]

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
And from the Jewish Talmud:

The Jewish Talmud, in the Gemara, also mentions that the father of Mary was Heli.
Chagigah 77:4

The Genealogy of Jesus Christ Through Mary

Seeker,
That link was wonderful. It cleared up so many mysteries, and explained how it all came to the same thing in the end. Thank you for that.

[edit on 3/19/2005 by Mahree]

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Thank you for the link, it really helps having the scripture to back up the facts.

top topics

join