It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First they killed my father

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2021 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Not sure if I ever posted this ? I am so glad this film was made even if few actually saw the finished product. It is a story of how a whole culture can almost totally be destroyed by strong armed mad men..

This is a subject close to my heart and history. I was flying in and out of Cambodia until the capital fell to Pol Pot's thugs. The real story is one of ultimate survival and how children killed their own parents because they were teachers or wore glasses.. NO SH*T !

Depending on who you listen to any where from one to four million were either out right killed or starved to death.. As America and the world stood by and did nothing.. It took the Vietnamese to finally stop Pol Pot's regime..

All it takes for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing....a truer saying has never been uttered IMO ... youtu.be...

posted on Jan, 7 2021 @ 12:19 AM
link   
It comes down to the youth rebelling against the educated. Seems like the steps are in placed for America to have its turn or a crack at it.
Sadly it will start in the neighborhoods then grow from there. In the new America under the Biden Administration though it won't be tolerated due to the fact that the " mind way of thinking " goes along with the Chinese CCP and that is... the American people WILL NOW be OBEDIENT to the new regime called: The Biden Harris regime of 2021. Oh, and we will remember it.

What is behind this is this: the crowds will be armed ( military takes away all weapons ) this is how the new regime will confiscate the weapons of the American people.

Of course the Biden Harris regime will fire all brass that are not into this coup of take the weapons away, sadly the CIA is.
End of story people.

posted on Jan, 7 2021 @ 12:25 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Thank you for your service amigo!

posted on Jan, 7 2021 @ 01:20 AM
link   
The country you are in now ( I won't mention, but I do think you mentioned on the forum in the past ) , do you see any hate in the people who was responsible for all this in the younger generation ?

Being a Vietnam Vet, I could understand why Americans were not going to get involved there at the time. Vietnam War in my opinion was... never mind I best leave it blank, but I was station in Thailand at the time and we mostly did Burma, Cambodia and Laos flights. I don't recall any planes for the Vietnam area at lest in my department.

posted on Jan, 7 2021 @ 01:43 AM
link   
It’s a good film on the Khmer Rouge’s rule. An often overlooked and incredibly dark period of history.

The Khmer Rouge were, by far, the most evil regime of the 20th century.

The Maoist Khmer Rouge over the course of only three years murdered about 2 million people. Not as high as other tyrannical regimes of the 20th century, but when put into context it amounts to 25% of the entire population. 1 out of every 4 people in Cambodia was killed. All in the pursuit of their “year zero” agrarian communist Utopia.

To put that into perspective, going on the total population of territories controlled by Germany at it’s height during the 2nd world war, had the holocaust been as bad as the Khmer Rouge’s rule of Cambodia they would have murdered 150 million people.

The saving grace is this horrible regime was ousted from power by the Communist Vietnamese. Especially considering the Khmer Rouge would brag on the radio that they only needed 1 million people to create their Utopia. Saying to the others “to have you is no gain, to lose you is no loss”

The details of the killings themselves are far too horrific for me to type out at such an early hour.

Perhaps the worst part is the West’s involvement in all this. Without a frankly bizarre policy from the US to Cambodia the Khmer Rouge would perhaps never have risen to power. They relied on the ousted King Sihanouk (deposed in a pro-us coup and hugely popular amongst the peasantry) to rally support for them in the countryside.

Worse still is after Cambodia was liberated by the Vietnamese, the United States and United Kingdom recognised the Khmer Rouge government in exile, even going so far as to arranging for them to hold Cambodia’s UN seat until 1991! They also shipped arms to the Khmer Rouge and allowed them to base in Thailand so they could continue terror raids into Cambodia proper. A shameful affair.

The Khmer Rouge’s leadership would go unpunished for their crimes for decades until quite recently. Thankfully most of the surviving leadership have been imprisoned for their crimes. But far too late.

Pol Pot himself, Chairman of the Khmer Rouge and leader of Democratic Kampuchea, escaped justice completely. He was formally ousted by the party following the end of the civil war . . . In 1997! He was then placed in “house arrest” by the party. Shortly after he died peacefully in his jungle home. A fate far greater than he deserved.

A tragic tale. One more people should know more of. Cambodia is still yet to recover from the 3 years of Khmer Rouge rule.
edit on 712021 by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2021 @ 01:51 AM
link   
An interview with Pol Pot conducted by an American journalist not long before his death. Filmed in 1997 i believe. In case you were wondering what he had to say about himself.

Naturally he had no regrets.

edit on 712021 by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2021 @ 03:47 AM
link   
For those who replied thank you for your input. The Chinese were backing Pol Pot's regime and the Vietnamese had already kicked some Chinese butt along their border so they were not interested in having another Chines puppet right next door to them IMO. Right or wrong the Vietnamese did not stay as conquerors but did what they set out to do and left.

The present government of Cambodia lived through or were part of Pol Pot's rampage so I am not surprised by just about anything that goes on there.

The Chinese are right back into Cambodia with money for politicians and grand building schemes that they are financing . Not just Cambodia as politicians the world over seem to be enthusiastic about sucking up to the Chinese communist money and doing their deeds for them.

posted on Jan, 7 2021 @ 04:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky
Depending on who you listen to any where from one to four million were either out right killed or starved to death. As America and the world stood by and did nothing.. It took the Vietnamese to finally stop Pol Pot's regime.

A colonel (and lifelong friend) I worked for was a survivor. He referred me to this movie when it came out. I, personally, found it difficult to watch.

What the colonel told me ... about losing his entire family ... being smuggled to America ... becoming a real American ... that was truly inspiring.

posted on Jan, 7 2021 @ 05:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

originally posted by: 727Sky
Depending on who you listen to any where from one to four million were either out right killed or starved to death. As America and the world stood by and did nothing.. It took the Vietnamese to finally stop Pol Pot's regime.

A colonel (and lifelong friend) I worked for was a survivor. He referred me to this movie when it came out. I, personally, found it difficult to watch.

What the colonel told me ... about losing his entire family ... being smuggled to America ... becoming a real American ... that was truly inspiring.

Yes we got a few out before everything went to crap. I remember all the Vietnamese uncle sugar promised they too would be air lifted to safety but it never happened. Mucho trust in uncle sugar's promises was lost during those times and rightly so IMO.

posted on Jan, 7 2021 @ 08:57 AM
link   

It was all good ill I saw that witch Angelina.

I cant see any of the Monsters without a negative gut reaction now.

Our world was ruined by the Boomers....they were brought up by a Generation that did not have the moral fortitudes of their Fathers....because they were attacked by a Secret Society of monsters whose Global Goal is unrest and imbalance and inequity.......the weaponzation of divorce and gender bias and civil rights and Abortion and the weaponization of Police and other Forces and so on and so on and so on.

America has been at war with this group since Americas Birth and Conception.

America has not been alone, the entire World has been attacked by this group.....and will ALWAYS be attacked by this group ,they must be identified recognized stopped and then 86ed with predjudice.

America cannot help....America could not help then nor today.....the same inhuman monsters who instigated and ctioned this global atrocity are the same ones responsible for ALL OF OUR PROBLMS....evil is a Group it is not a condition of humanity....wipe out the group and you wipe out the disease.

posted on Jan, 7 2021 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: one4all

It was all good ill I saw that witch Angelina.

I cant see any of the Monsters without a negative gut reaction now.

Our world was ruined by the Boomers....they were brought up by a Generation that did not have the moral fortitudes of their Fathers....because they were attacked by a Secret Society of monsters whose Global Goal is unrest and imbalance and inequity.......the weaponzation of divorce and gender bias and civil rights and Abortion and the weaponization of Police and other Forces and so on and so on and so on.

America has been at war with this group since Americas Birth and Conception.

America has not been alone, the entire World has been attacked by this group.....and will ALWAYS be attacked by this group ,they must be identified recognized stopped and then 86ed with predjudice.

America cannot help....America could not help then nor today.....the same inhuman monsters who instigated and ctioned this global atrocity are the same ones responsible for ALL OF OUR PROBLMS....evil is a Group it is not a condition of humanity....wipe out the group and you wipe out the disease.

I don’t think an entire generation can be blamed for Pol Pot, the Khmer Rouge and Democratic Kampuchea.

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 08:05 AM
link   

We forget how good we have it sometimes in our own first world nations these days.

Even if it is somewhat of a false sense of security.

new topics

top topics

join