It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CBS News reporting cabinet members discussing 25th

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2021 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Guyfriday

originally posted by: LanceCorvette

originally posted by: cavesofchaos
He commits sedition against the legislative branch of the government. Trump is the executive branch. Are you sure you went to those classes?

originally posted by: LanceCorvette

originally posted by: jrod
a reply to: carewemust

No...it needs to be done for a variety of reasons like having the nuclear football in trusted hands, continuity of government, having a Commander-in-Chief that can be trusted to make decisions in the event of a threat.

Trump essentially committed among other crimes like sedition, domestic terrorism by encouraging his followers to do something yesterday. This is not forgiveable.

I can it pray Mr. Pence does what is necessary.

"Sedition" is advocating the overthrow of the government.

Trump is literally the head of the government.

How could he commit "sedition" against himself?

Jeebus, do they teach civics in school anymore?

Almost 30 years as a lawyer, including practicing constitutional law, and teaching at a major law school.

Pretty sure I got the concept.

So from a purely legal standpoint what good would going after a 25A removal this close to a political turn over do?

Does it prevent Trump from running in 2024, or is there some kind of little talked about stipulation with the 25A that is being overlooked?

If I could read the minds of men ...

Anyhoo, the only "purely legal" reason to remove the President using the 25th Amendment is if "he is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office". That's legally what the 25th requires for removal. There's no trick bags in there.

Of course, the powers and duties of President are detailed in the Constitution, Article I sections 2 and 3.

Here, read em' for yourself:

constitution.congress.gov...

posted on Jan, 7 2021 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

The only reason they would do this is to stop President Trump from releasing "some things over the next 2 weeks that will shock you", said the President in Georgia on Monday night.

Always tomorrow, never today.

posted on Jan, 7 2021 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: SleeperHasAwakened
I think this is more journalist wet dreams and posturing.

"What if Trump won't leave"?
"What if Trump barricades himself in his office?"

That reminds me.

Where did he go last night after he stirred up the crowd, promising to lead them to the Capitol?

posted on Jan, 7 2021 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Whodathunkdatcheese

SS probably nixed that. They've done it before. Trump probably thought about it and decided not to put the SS in that position and headed back to the WH.

edit on 7-1-2021 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2021 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Whodathunkdatcheese

originally posted by: SleeperHasAwakened
I think this is more journalist wet dreams and posturing.

"What if Trump won't leave"?
"What if Trump barricades himself in his office?"

That reminds me.

Where did he go last night after he stirred up the crowd, promising to lead them to the Capitol?

Even better: where's he been all day?

Not even a "thoughts and prayers" for the dead people?

Something's up.

posted on Jan, 7 2021 @ 05:53 PM
link   

This is NOT the Mud Pit!!!

All rules for POLITE political debate will be enforced.
Members must also Stay on Topic!!!
Trolling, And What To Do About It

Terms And Conditions Of Use

You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility will face mod actions.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Jan, 7 2021 @ 06:09 PM
link   
President Trump is supposed to release a video message soon.

mobile.twitter.com...

Fox News just confirmed that the president will be speaking this evening.... and it will be a very strong message of some kind.

posted on Jan, 7 2021 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: LanceCorvette

Yeah, I know what the 25A is all about, but why use that to remove him this close to leaving office? It's almost like their grab bag of tricky buzz words have a limited amount of items to chose from. I thought maybe that there was some kind of loop-hole that could be used to prevent Trump from fighting back or running for re-election in 2024.

Strange thought: At this point, if Trump is able to retain his position in office, then does he meet all the requirements to run for a third term? I mean at this point we can all agree that he didn't win a second term, so if he was able to legally prevent Biden from taking office and was allowed to stay in office, then would a third term be possible?

Could all these theatrics be about being in office for three terms? Something to think about.

posted on Jan, 8 2021 @ 02:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
Trump probably thought about it and decided not to put the SS in that position and headed back to the WH.

LMAO. Yeah, the shining beacon of other peoples welfare that he is, just couldn't bring himself to put them in that position.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join