It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How McConnell Could Salvage the Nation and the GOP

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2021 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
Let the GOP burn.

Ditto....in 4 years people will be begging for a change....again, and nothing will happen

posted on Jan, 6 2021 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

The duality of the US political system is coming to a crossroads, interesting times.

posted on Jan, 6 2021 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

This is part of it but I think people are really pissed about things since 9-11 with it ever growing since if not before. People wanted individuals to finally be held accountable.

The politicians and deep state get more emboldend with each day that their actions go unchecked. Who has the real power anymore? It’s not the people unless major changes are made and for many Trump at least offered that. The status quo and establishment means more of the same and steps towards a global government.

posted on Jan, 6 2021 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I want you all to think about it just for a few seconds. Mr. Trump has changed his "political party" five times. He has never been totally Republican or Democrat. Has he ever changed his message? No. He's a take charge no nonsense guy and he doesn't get stuck in his head by overthinking everything like so many do.

Trump, when he's not maneuvering the pieces around the board, is a centrist. He cares about making the economy work.

He has been opposed in his efforts to make things better by the establishment Republicans. They fear him and didn't work against him publicly, but behind the scenes you can be sure he has a list of loyal supporters and turncoat enemies.

He handed the Senate to the Dems, after trying for weeks to get McConnell on board. McConnell stole his election in KY so he has pleny of reasons to try to make "peace" with the Democrats.

Did you hear his speech today? Did he sound like he's loyal to MAGA?

Trump's got them right where he wants them. It only seems like chaos.

Trust the Plan.
edit on 6-1-2021 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2021 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Charliebrowndog

This is part of it but I think people are really pissed about things since 9-11 with it ever growing since if not before. People wanted individuals to finally be held accountable.

The politicians and deep state get more emboldend with each day that their actions go unchecked. Who has the real power anymore? It’s not the people unless major changes are made and for many Trump at least offered that. The status quo and establishment means more of the same and steps towards a global government.

You have a valid point.

I just am unhappy that what the Chinese have tried to do, the Russians worked on, the USSR prior to that attempted has all come to pass.

We are finally at the point where enough citizens do not trust the voting process that the fabric that held our "Grand Experiment" together for centuries has now ended.

Not from without, for the most part.

But from within.

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Ah well... it was fun while it lasted.

~shrug~

posted on Jan, 6 2021 @ 08:18 PM
link   

The alternative is hanging our hopes, once again, on the principles of a bought group of people.

They don't give a # about us and never will. They too benefit from corruption. The status quo prior to Trump is what they want. The moment they were able they abandoned Trump and any notion of populism.

This is who they really are:

Never forget that.

posted on Jan, 6 2021 @ 08:27 PM
link   
You have to try to see what Trump has done. Look beyond what the media tells you, even the supposedly faithful media like Fox News. They pretended to support Mr. Trump and then they turned on him. Just like everybody else.

He didn't "lose" the Election. He chose his opponent. What else do you think the Ukrainian stuff was all about? It's why he let himself be impeached over it. You know he could have stopped that in its tracks if he wanted, he loves the Constitution but he wouldn't let that keep him from doing what is RIGHT. All this "fraud" stuff was nothing but a sham to lure out the parasites that have dug themselves in.

Look at the photo of Graham and Harris ... does it look like they're on different sides???? Hell no, they're all in it TOGETHER.

Ask yourself. Has Trump ever lost anything? Do you really think he "lost" 60 cases in court? He's got whole law firms that work only for him and his company. Come on.

He drew them out. They're exposed now.

He doesn't have to be President to lead the country. Think about that and you'll start to really understand what's going on.

posted on Jan, 6 2021 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Mitch McConnell is on the side of the rest of the traitors and criminals in Congress. He won’t do sh!t.

posted on Jan, 6 2021 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

hmm, isn't that our b*&^%, Debbie Stabinaw? (sp) MI?

At this point, we are screwed. We really need to wait, 3 more weeks, and then really ramp up the protests.

Then they can't blame Trump so much.
Cause I don't care Trump is out.
I care they stole the election, and don't give a rats butt about us.

posted on Jan, 6 2021 @ 08:31 PM
link   

I mean it's only Trump and his hardcore supporters who DON'T think the election was fair.

And it's not that many of you. Echo chambers make you feel different.

Trumps million march ended with 200 people going into the capitol, 1 being killed and everyone running for the hills.
Hardly a large group to be worried about.

To quote a friend of mine

No Deals.

Dems win and hold all the cards, they will rebuild the country. Like it or leave it.

posted on Jan, 6 2021 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hamlin

I mean it's only Trump and his hardcore supporters who DON'T think the election was fair.

And it's not that many of you. Echo chambers make you feel different.

Trumps million march ended with 200 people going into the capitol, 1 being killed and everyone running for the hills.
Hardly a large group to be worried about.

To quote a friend of mine

No Deals.

Dems win and hold all the cards, they will rebuild the country. Like it or leave it.

"Dems win and hold all the cards, they will rebuild the country. Like it or leave it. "

"Dems win and hold all the cards, they will debuild the country. Like it or leave it. "

Fixed it for ya

posted on Jan, 6 2021 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

You have a valid point.

I just am unhappy that what the Chinese have tried to do, the Russians worked on, the USSR prior to that attempted has all come to pass.

We are finally at the point where enough citizens do not trust the voting process that the fabric that held our "Grand Experiment" together for centuries has now ended.

But from within.

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

~shrug~

I guess you don’t have kids? “It was fun while it lasted, and shrug.”

Really? You must have some nieces or nephews or some children you care about- surely you aren’t so flippant about their futures? Because today’s kids will be the adults in a prison nation if we just shrug all of this off.

posted on Jan, 6 2021 @ 08:35 PM
link   
How many times do folks have to be shown ... there are not two sides.

They rubbed this in your faces a few years ago ... remember???

After that, what else needs to be said???

This is what President Donald J. Trump is fighting against. Join him and free America from the lying, corporatists anti-Constitutional two party system.

Before it really is too late.

posted on Jan, 6 2021 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I think that is a workable solution.

Since I have doubts that McConnell has little desire to see what is best for America, I doubt it will happen.

posted on Jan, 6 2021 @ 08:38 PM
link   

How McConnell Could Salvage the Nation and the GOP

only thing ol mitch could do to help the party, is resign. he's been a money grubbin SOB for many many moons. at least reid saw the writing on the wall and knew it was time to leave. maybe mitch needs to lose a fight with a rubber band.

Manchin would make for a fairly moderate Republican, a RINO actually, BUT if he switched parties tonight the US Senate would hold a narrow GOP majority tomorrow morning and the worst case scenario fears of many Americans would be abated for the time being. He's also pretty popular with the Trump supporters, meaning he'd be in a position to calm a lot of people down.

rino stands for republican in name only for a reason, if he votes like a dem wouldn't do much good to switch now would it.

edit on 6-1-2021 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2021 @ 08:43 PM
link   
You have questions about Mitch McConnell?

Here's what he said today.

Every election we know features some illegality and irregularity, and of course that's unacceptable. I support strong state-led voting reforms. Last year's bizarre pandemic procedures must not become the new norm, but my colleagues nothing before us proves illegality anywhere near the massive scale, the massive scale that would have tipped the entire election nor can public doubt alone justify a radical break when the doubt itself was incited without any evidence.

You remember recently when I purely speculated that they're leading us into a period of supposed reconciliation???

We cannot keep drifting apart into two separate tribes with a separate set of facts and separate realities. with nothing in common except our hostility towards each other and mistrust for the few national institutions that we all still share.

Newsweek

You want a BOOM! There it is.

I'm sorry, I can't make it any clearer.

posted on Jan, 6 2021 @ 08:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl

You have a valid point.

But from within.

Ronald Reagan

~shrug~

Really? You must have some nieces or nephews or some children you care about- surely you aren’t so flippant about their futures? Because today’s kids will be the adults in a prison nation if we just shrug all of this off.

I have 5 kids and 14 grandchildren, thank you for asking.

3 that have served their country, as have I, my brothers, my sister, my father, my uncles, their father, their father and their father all the way back to the Civil War.

What is your righteous indignation online going to do about where we are going now?

I'm a student of history... I know what comes next and it isn't going to spare anyone.

Things end and I am unhappy about it.

As for me and mine we have plans already.

That isn't going to help the vast majority of y'all, however.

~shrug~

posted on Jan, 6 2021 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: 111DPKING111

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: Annee
McConnell’s done.

He needs to go home. And stay there.

Considering he was just reelected for 6 more years, that's not going to happen...

Mitch and Pence are both done as far as influence.

I have nothing against Pence but what influence has he ever had? He is the VP, not much power or influence there.

posted on Jan, 6 2021 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl

You have a valid point.

But from within.

Ronald Reagan

~shrug~

Too true, commies are already calling for twitter and facebook to do more censoring.

Violence a day of reckoning for Social Media

Amazing how many people want others to think and spend their money for them...the kool-aid must be strong.

posted on Jan, 6 2021 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: HalWesten

I think he is a decent guy as well, but that was political suicide, wrong time to shrivel up. Any aspirations of a Presidential nomination are gone.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join