It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How McConnell Could Salvage the Nation and the GOP

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+23 more 
posted on Jan, 6 2021 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Mitch McConnell needs to swing a deal and he needs to swing it tonight. I don't see the situation in DC soothing over with the Democrats holding total control of DC. It simply isn't in the cards... the events of today will escalate and, in all likelihood, we will see a repeat of sorts of what lead to the formation of the Confederate States of America immediately preceding the American Civil War. Granted, it may not be as dire as that event became, but we absolutely are on a track to see states looking to bail on the union tonight. The potential saving grace is that it appears the majority of both parties' voters aren't liking the sight of DC besieged by angry, disenfranchised, and cheated voters.

Enter Joe Manchin, the only man in DC who could switch parties, sooth *most* protestors, and see zero damage to his chances of being reelected next cycle in his home state of West Virginia. Manchin would make for a fairly moderate Republican, a RINO actually, BUT if he switched parties tonight the US Senate would hold a narrow GOP majority tomorrow morning and the worst case scenario fears of many Americans would be abated for the time being. He's also pretty popular with the Trump supporters, meaning he'd be in a position to calm a lot of people down.

McConnell needs to open the GOP war chest, negotiate Manchin's price, and make it happen right the hell now.

+25 more 
posted on Jan, 6 2021 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Let the GOP burn.

posted on Jan, 6 2021 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

He needs permission from China first🙄

posted on Jan, 6 2021 @ 07:41 PM
link   

I like that unfortunately I'm also of the mind

originally posted by: projectvxn
Let the GOP burn.

+9 more 
posted on Jan, 6 2021 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
Let the GOP burn.

Quoted for Truth.

posted on Jan, 6 2021 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

I can't disagree with that, but I'd rather not see them self-immolate in the middle of the nation's capitol. The problem with the GOP burning is that the rest of us get the joy of breathing in the carcinogenic ash from it and then paying the price of cleaning up the mess.

*sigh*

A cordial divorce would have been so much cleaner and left less animosity.

posted on Jan, 6 2021 @ 07:43 PM
link   
McConnell’s done.

He needs to go home. And stay there.

posted on Jan, 6 2021 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
McConnell’s done.

Considering he was just reelected for 6 more years, that's not going to happen...

posted on Jan, 6 2021 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Apparently Mitch just called today an insurrection.

+8 more 
posted on Jan, 6 2021 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

It almost seems like DC *wants* this to blow up and become a full blown nationwide riot, isn't it?

posted on Jan, 6 2021 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Yes, their control is slipping, the plague is no longer letting them keep such a tight hold. They need another lame excuse to use for a while.

posted on Jan, 6 2021 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: DBCowboy

It almost seems like DC *wants* this to blow up and become a full blown nationwide riot, isn't it?

You can't remove freedoms if it isn't a proper insurrection.

posted on Jan, 6 2021 @ 07:54 PM
link   

The tiny minority of upset protestors and rioters aren't really interested in the GOP anymore. They want Trump. Thats it.

So I don't think making these deals are really going to help. It seems more like desperately trying to find an outcome where you haven't lost the House/Senate and Presidency because you followed a moron for 4 years.

posted on Jan, 6 2021 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I have to disagree. Most of the last four years has been Mr. Trump moving all the pieces around into a perfect configuration.

His goal is to destroy the GOP. The Democrats will destroy themselves under Sleepy Joe. It's the end of the two-party system. Remember, Trump loves America and the Constitution. Even when it seems like he's going against it.

No, the real dangers are the sellouts like Ted Cruz, Lindsey Graham, and Mitch McConnell.

Mitch was in on the "Steal" ... haven't you seen the fraud in Kentucky?

Same thing that happened in Georgia, Michigan, etc. Trump handed the Senate to the Dems knowing that they will fail.

Seriously, it's all in the Plan.

posted on Jan, 6 2021 @ 07:56 PM
link   

It could work. It is a logical yet powerful solution.

Exactly why it won’t happen...

posted on Jan, 6 2021 @ 07:57 PM
link   
It’s time for McConnell to step down the GOP needs younger blood.

+6 more 
posted on Jan, 6 2021 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hamlin

The tiny minority of upset protestors and rioters aren't really interested in the GOP anymore. They want Trump. Thats it.

So I don't think making these deals are really going to help. It seems more like desperately trying to find an outcome where you haven't lost the House/Senate and Presidency because you followed a moron for 4 years.

Not at all, actually.

The majority want an actual fair election and think they didn't get it.

It isn't about Trump at all.

It is the realization that America just reached that final tipping point and isn't coming back.

But I understand why you are not going to understand that...

posted on Jan, 6 2021 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

You going to keep spamming the same thing all night?

posted on Jan, 6 2021 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: Annee
McConnell’s done.

Considering he was just reelected for 6 more years, that's not going to happen...

Mitch and Pence are both done as far as influence.

posted on Jan, 6 2021 @ 08:01 PM
link   
McConnell is part of the problem, not the solution. He has been a horrible representative of the People but wonderful for the GOP. May they both burn. Figuratively of course.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join