It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So Help Me God’: Pence Vows to Certify Election Results Despite Trump Pressure

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Jan, 6 2021 @ 03:28 PM
link   

In a letter sent to Congress, Vice President Mike Pence said once and for all that he does not believe he has the authority to decide “which electoral votes should be counted and which should not.” Pence wrote in the three-page letter that he will certify the election results on Wednesday, officially making President-elect Joe Biden the winner of the November presidential election. “When the Joint Session of Congress convenes today, I will do my duty to see to it that we open the certificates of the Electors of several states, we hear objections raised by Senators and Representatives, and we count the votes of the Electoral College for President and Vice President in a manner consistent with our Constitution, laws, and history. So Help Me God,” Pence wrote. President Trump has pleaded with Pence in increasingly desperate tones to reject the vote during the joint session of Congress Wednesday, and more than 100 Republican lawmakers have said they will refuse to certify the results.

Fascism doesn't work in America.

www.thedailybeast.com...

Pence defies the lunatic fascist Trump and his puppets on the street

It's too late though the damage has been done

Trump should be taken out of the office for the next two weeks as at least a symbolic message of what the country feels about this barbarian Trump.

edit on 6-1-2021 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

+14 more 
posted on Jan, 6 2021 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

So happy that you are happy about Pence looking the other way on Dems stealing elections.
That’s one of the problems with you delusional cult members, you always look the other way on crimes that help your cause.

posted on Jan, 6 2021 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I don’t think Pence will be going back to the Whitehouse anytime soon.

Unbelievably thrown under the bus by a man he had been so loyal to. It’s like night of the long knives being replayed.
edit on 6/1/21 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2021 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Pence had two choices..

Option 1 - Go along with Trump and deal with the the fallout from the radical left targeting you and your family.

Option 2 - Go against Trump and essentially end political career

Between a rock and a hard place.

posted on Jan, 6 2021 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Pence doesn't have the authority to turn down the electoral college. It would have been challenged at the Supreme Court while we have "Acting President Polosi"

I think Pence wants to run in 2024 or wants some type of career.

posted on Jan, 6 2021 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Michigan72

No one will vote for him after all of this, as jhn7537 said, rock and a hard place. This is political suicide for him.

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 6 2021 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Fascism doesn't work?

Ummmmm..in the US....?

I guess I'm the one living in delusional land where Amazon, Walmart, Facebook, Twitter Microsoft and Google have economic vertical monopolies.

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 6 2021 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

So happy that you are happy about Pence looking the other way on Dems stealing elections.
That’s one of the problems with you delusional cult members, you always look the other way on crimes that help your cause.

So Trumps right hand man, the Vice President is looking the other way?

That suggests he believes there’s nothing illegal, so it would seem that it’s you who is the delusional cult member.

posted on Jan, 6 2021 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus

So Trumps right hand man, the Vice President is looking the other way?

That suggests he believes there’s nothing illegal, so it would seem that it’s you who is the delusional cult member.

Not at all.
Biden and Commie-La won......not fair and square but they won and very few people in any kind of power have the balls to stand up and say anything about it.

posted on Jan, 6 2021 @ 04:10 PM
link   
When all is said and done, the only people Trump's base are going to trust is Trump and Giuliani. And that's if Trump doesn't get a hair up his ass about ole Rudy. He's got a bit of a history of dismissing anyone who doesn't do what he wants as being a traitor, deep state actor, etc....if I were friends with that dude I'd just be waiting until it was my turn to get put through the ringer.

posted on Jan, 6 2021 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Pence in a nutshell.

mobile.twitter.com...

President Trump knew.

We'll see what happens.

posted on Jan, 6 2021 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Pence defies

Pence bailed to save his own ass.

posted on Jan, 6 2021 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

You're the one deluded and a cult follower. Pence has common sense and is not a nut job like the President who has the mentality of Charles Manson or Hitler. Only the blind don't see what a 10-year-old child could recognize in Trump and his deluded and moronic followers.

posted on Jan, 6 2021 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Pence, though, is a little coward. He should have told Trump to kiss his butt… jackass. It was a legal election, and you lost dummy, and I’m doing what the constitution says, not a bunch of ignorant, smelly fools littering the capital with their stench.

posted on Jan, 6 2021 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Pence is through, he just wrecked his career.

posted on Jan, 6 2021 @ 04:51 PM
link   

In light of everything going on right this very second, that has to be the most epically hypocritical comment I've ever read, so bravo!

(I guess that's the thing about delusional cults though: I'm not crazy, you're crazy!!)

posted on Jan, 6 2021 @ 04:52 PM
link   
So help me God.

Maybe he knows that he's about to meet Him.

posted on Jan, 6 2021 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

In a letter sent to Congress, Vice President Mike Pence said once and for all that he does not believe he has the authority to decide “which electoral votes should be counted and which should not.” Pence wrote in the three-page letter that he will certify the election results on Wednesday, officially making President-elect Joe Biden the winner of the November presidential election. “When the Joint Session of Congress convenes today, I will do my duty to see to it that we open the certificates of the Electors of several states, we hear objections raised by Senators and Representatives, and we count the votes of the Electoral College for President and Vice President in a manner consistent with our Constitution, laws, and history. So Help Me God,” Pence wrote. President Trump has pleaded with Pence in increasingly desperate tones to reject the vote during the joint session of Congress Wednesday, and more than 100 Republican lawmakers have said they will refuse to certify the results.

Fascism doesn't work in America.

www.thedailybeast.com...

Pence defies the lunatic fascist Trump and his puppets on the street

It's too late though the damage has been done

Trump should be taken out of the office for the next two weeks as at least a symbolic message of what the country feels about this barbarian Trump.

The further divide continues among the republicans. Trump now slams Pence and throws him under the bus with more incendiary accusations..Lord, when will the madness stop? LOL

Trump slams his VP, says Pence "didn't have the.."

...and Pence promptly unfollowed him on Twitter.

posted on Jan, 6 2021 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Trump should be charged with sedition

Sedition is overt conduct, such as speech and organisation, that tends toward rebellion against the established order. Sedition often includes subversion of a constitution and incitement of discontent toward, or rebellion against, established authority. Sedition may include any commotion, though not aimed at direct and open violence against the laws. Seditious words in writing are seditious libel. A seditionist is one who engages in or promotes the interest of sedition.

Sedition is a serious felony punishable by fines and up to 20 years in prison and it refers to the act of inciting revolt or violence against a lawful authority with the goal of destroying or overthrowing it. The following provides an overview of this particular crime against the government, with historical references.

Sedition is overt conduct, such as speech and organisation, that tends toward rebellion against the established order.When he leaves office, they should indict him

One person is now dead. I don't know who or what happened but this is a crime that SHOULD NOT go unpunished.

posted on Jan, 6 2021 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: mc_squared

In light of everything going on right this very second, that has to be the most epically hypocritical comment I've ever read, so bravo!

(I guess that's the thing about delusional cults though: I'm not crazy, you're crazy!!)

The other part of that is believing that EVERYONE else is wrong or crazy. Once you start passing that 60% mark, it's time to take a look at yourself.

I actually said the same thing to my mother when I finally had the balls to confront her about being a pathological liar. For years she claimed everyone was wrong, everyone else did something wrong, everyone else started a fight....and it was her every single time. This is no different.

I'm curious now, how many people voted for Trump but do not believe the election was rigged. I know there's a couple here on ATS, but I'm curious about the rest of the country. I'm very curious to see where the majority/minority is on that.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join