It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this statement racist

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2021 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Hey ats I just wanted your opinion on whether or not the following statement is racist

I’m not endorsing this statement in any way, just am asking if it is a statement most people would consider racist

“ America needs to repent for its worship of blackness on full display this season”

Would it be acceptable for a person in a position of power to make a statement like this?

posted on Jan, 6 2021 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Well we all know that it’s certainly NOT racist when white is changed out for black in that statement. And it makes it even less racist that a black PASTOR said it...

SSDD. Buckle up. It’s about to get SO much worse.
edit on 1/6/2021 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2021 @ 11:28 AM
link   
No. Just as it wasn’t racist when Rev. Warnock said the same thing about worshipping whiteness. Neither statement implies setting one race up as superior to another.a reply to: Grambler

posted on Jan, 6 2021 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

You know damn well black people cannot be racist.

Well they can't be called racist.

posted on Jan, 6 2021 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe
Well we all know that it’s certainly NOT racist when white is changed out for black in that statement. And it makes it even less racist that a black PASTOR said it...

Shhhhhh....

Don’t spoil the punch line

posted on Jan, 6 2021 @ 11:32 AM
link   

It is racist and so is what Warnock said but he gets a pass, as a black person usually does.
But in my opinion, the hurt feelz over words needs to stop.

posted on Jan, 6 2021 @ 11:33 AM
link   
It’s not racist it’s just a stupid sentence. Not at all well thought out in terms of meaning or tone. It’s a garbage sentence like it was spouted randomly by an ignorant teenager with no depth of thought or imagination.

posted on Jan, 6 2021 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

It is racist and so is what Warnock said but he gets a pass, as a black person usually does.

I don’t care about “words”

I care that a man just elected to the senate believes his own words and will push for policies to force the country to repent for a certain skin color

posted on Jan, 6 2021 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: 1947boomer
No. Just as it wasn’t racist when Rev. Warnock said the same thing about worshipping whiteness. Neither statement implies setting one race up as superior to another.a reply to: Grambler

Great so I am sure if republicans get elected on a platform of repenting for blackness you will be totally on board that it’s not racist at all

posted on Jan, 6 2021 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: TheAlleghenyGentleman

Only it was spouted by a senator

Who believes it btw

link   

Would it be acceptable for a person in a position of power to make a statement like this?

If this person of power was being portrayed in a SNL skit?
It would be great. So there ya go!
edit on 6-1-2021 by carsforkids because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: TheAlleghenyGentleman
You talking about your post or the fact simple truths can't be spoken about in public context?

posted on Jan, 6 2021 @ 11:39 AM
link   

I don't think anyone has hurt feelz about it. I know I don't. Pointing out blatant hypocrisy doesn't have to involve feelings at all IMO. I live my life the same way every day regardless of how anyone feelz about my whiteness or anything else about me.
edit on 1/6/2021 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: Grambler

I care that a man just elected to the senate believes his own words and will push for policies to force the country to repent for a certain skin color

No no Rob, I didn’t specifically mean you, I meant everyone in general.
I have listened to you enough times on your podcasts to know the position you are trying to make about his statement.

link   

I think both sentences are sweeping piles of garbage. Her’s for the purpose of getting attention of her base and his for too easily playing to his base.

posted on Jan, 6 2021 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Nivhk

My first post was in response to the sentence only not who spouted it and the rhetoric therein

posted on Jan, 6 2021 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Definitely a stupid statement.

No person in power should make such an inflammatory statement.

Not necessarily racist though.

edit on 1/6/2021 by MykeNukem because: eh?

posted on Jan, 6 2021 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe

Shhhhhh....

Don’t spoil the punch line

I was trying to take care to not give it all away.

posted on Jan, 6 2021 @ 11:45 AM
link   

No no Rob, I didn’t specifically mean you, I meant everyone in general.
I have listened to you enough times on your podcasts to know the position you are trying to make about his statement.

Oh I know

Was just making it clear for those reading where I stamd

posted on Jan, 6 2021 @ 11:45 AM
link   
“ America needs to repent for its worship of blackness on full display this season”

That basically makes no sense. Neither do the people spewing systemic racism is everywhere. My own granddaughter said I am racist, does that mean I am racist to everyone, because I see so many stupid people promoting a division of people by color because they believe everyone is racist. A real lot of black people are racist, they believe Whites are not as good as them. But you do not see much of that in the racism promotion.

Hispanics often think whites are unwise and entitled, that is the way they see us all, just because half of whites are entitled and another quarter are unwise, doesn't mean all of us are that way. I have known hispanics with that attitude, actually the majority think that way, but they are all right, when you get to know them they find out that you are not one of the majority who are entitled or unwise.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join