It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black hole merger creates amazing gravitational waves

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2021 @ 08:15 AM
link   
oriona reply to: Never Despise

They should have used the artist that made the metallica video for Orion back in the 80's.

Not sure how exactly to embed a video or I would.

Z6j63ImEKyo

That's the info for the embed.
edit on 6-1-2021 by cognizant420 because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-1-2021 by cognizant420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2021 @ 08:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

originally posted by: Gothmog
The black hole would have to spin up to the speed of light.

What do you think 'made' the black hole black to begin with?

A star about 8 times the size of our sun or bigger essentially runs out of fuel and the previous constant outward force caused by fusion becomes much weaker than the force of gravity. This causes the star to collapse then explode in a super nova. The collapsed material crunches down to an area so small that the escape velocity becomes greater than the speed of light. Therefore light cannot even escape which makes it "black".

That's "one" theory.

Anyone ever seen it happen?

Yeah ... I didn't think so.

Uh yeah actually we have seen plenty of super novas. They aren't just "theory" lmao do a little reading before you post.

posted on Jan, 6 2021 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: cognizant420

all you have to do is click youtube button above the post box and follow the instructions and paste the number in.

posted on Jan, 6 2021 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Uh yeah actually we have seen plenty of super novas. They aren't just "theory" lmao do a little reading before you post.

Funny ... I've heard absolutely zero about the isolation of a black hole post-supernova.

You might do a little reading yourself and discover the recent date associated with the first ever imaging of 'evidence' of a black hole. Think that was APR 2019. Not stuff we've been carrying around with us in our back pockets for the past 50 years now, is it? Just because you've heard a couple of conversations relative to any 'theory' ... that doesn't necessarily lead to anything definitive at all. ... Maybe a condescending tone.

posted on Jan, 6 2021 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

I was just posting the song i thought he mentioned.

What you posted is as boring as it gets

posted on Jan, 6 2021 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Funny ... I've heard absolutely zero about the isolation of a black hole post-supernova.

You might do a little reading yourself and discover the recent date associated with the first ever imaging of 'evidence' of a black hole. Think that was APR 2019. Not stuff we've been carrying around with us in our back pockets for the past 50 years now, is it? Just because you've heard a couple of conversations relative to any 'theory' ... that doesn't necessarily lead to anything definitive at all. ... Maybe a condescending tone.

I said we have seen plenty of supernovae, am I wrong?

Regarding evidence of a black hole, Cyg X-1 was discovered back in like 1964. Later observations through the 1970s only produced more evidence. And as the decades passed we've found dozens of candidates.

Speaking of a condescending tone, when I explained how black holes form you said that my explanation was "one" theory, as if there were other perhaps more credible theories out there. So, do you even have another theory to offer then?

posted on Jan, 6 2021 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: SecretKnowledge

ok cool.

Black Hole Sun was only number one the bill board charts and was never lower than 92 on the charts world wide.
the song charted 9 for the decade 2010 to 2019, not bad for a 26 yr old boring song.

your song, which is nothing but freakish noise that takes really no talent to do only made it to, and the only chart i could find it on was some obscure one that rates it at 1031 lol, what a joke which is in the description of the song as humorous.

Very Noise . . . .
Artist Igorrr
Type Single
Released 14 January 2020
RYM Rating 3.17 / 5.0 from 183 ratings
Ranked #1,031 for 2020
Genres Breakcore, Avant-Garde Metal Drill and Bass, Avant-Prog
Descriptors uncommon time signatures, instrumental, chaotic, avant-garde, aggressive, manic, quirky, technical, humorous
Rate Your Music

tell ya what, in 26 years if your tune is remembered, and has received the fame Black Hole Sun has,

a wiki cause it's fast,
Black Hole Sun

and if ATS is still around, hit me up and i'll apologize. i got a feeling it will never happen lol.

edit on 6-1-2021 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2021 @ 04:03 PM
link   

I remember when that Soundgarden album dropped. At the time i was battling major depression and Black Hole Sun quickly became my all time favorite song. I still battle depression and Black Hole Sun remains my favorite song to this day. Its a masterpiece!

posted on Jan, 6 2021 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

yes it is, and then again i like most all of soundgardens music.

posted on Jan, 6 2021 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Yeah, that's what I thought. Watched a vid on how to do it but when I tried there is no youtube button.

posted on Jan, 6 2021 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: cognizant420

it the next to last button above the post text box. it even says youtube. at least on my laptop it does.

posted on Jan, 6 2021 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Like i already said, i posted the song that i thought another member was talking about.

That does not make it "my" song.

Each to their own
Sure the title of the song is "very noise"

Here's another from the same artist, definitely more your style

posted on Jan, 7 2021 @ 12:05 AM
link   
a reply to: a325nt

gravity is the weakest of the fundamental forces in our universe

i personally think its because gravity permeates all universe's/spacetime curves so it only seems week because it has so much 'stuff' to pass threw, kind of like if you took a flash light and shined it threw a good number of panes of frosted glass at the end it would just be a dim diffused light.

so to answer your questions, i think events like this permeate ALL spacetime like a wave moving across the ocean. We only see the crest of the waves but the water underneath is also moving.

gravity as far as we know we cant be shielded from so these waves will touch EVERYTHING, EVERYWHERE, and maybe at every point in time.
edit on 7-1-2021 by penroc3 because: spelling

posted on Jan, 7 2021 @ 01:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: SecretKnowledge
a reply to: Tundra

Igorrr you say? Has to be this one. Its better music for the video in OP.

Pretty cool video, I like the music too

posted on Jan, 7 2021 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Like i already said, i posted the song that i thought another member was talking about.

That does not make it "my" song.

Each to their own
Sure the title of the song is "very noise"

Here's another from the same artist, definitely more your style

Wow! That was amazing dude. That was beautiful and inspiring 👏 👏 I really loved that song. Thank you for sharing that, now I have someone new to explore.

If you are reading this, put your headphones on, click that video above and enjoy!

posted on Jan, 7 2021 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Here's my pick for background music. Headphones a must.

posted on Jan, 7 2021 @ 04:59 AM
link   

It wasn't Very Noise I was listening to, but I was listening to Igorrr. I never got to hear the music in the black hole video
Insane amount of talent in that band.

edit on 1/7/2021 by Tundra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2021 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Soundgarden is a great band. Screw the charts. If you look into the making of the music of Igorrr, you might be surprised that it's not just a bunch of buttons being pushed. I guess though you could count accordion or piano as just a bunch of talentless button pushing. Music for talented musicians. And black hole videos.
edit on 1/7/2021 by Tundra because: Opera

edit on 1/7/2021 by Tundra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2021 @ 05:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tundra

It wasn't Very Noise I was listening to, but I was listening to Igorrr. I never got to hear the music in the black hole video
Insane amount of talent in that band.

Hahahaaa ok. When i see Igorrrr mentioned i immediately think of that song.
The other one i posted above is an amazing piece of work, as is a lot of his other stuff.

posted on Jan, 7 2021 @ 05:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

If you are reading this, put your headphones on, click that video above and enjoy!

Have done many times and the neighbours love it too!

Here's a tune for you

A song that raised me up when i hit rock bottom in a big way

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join